forum

Renard + Darius - The End

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Damnjelly
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on woensdag 4 december 2013 at 21:06:38

Artist: Renard + Darius
Title: The End
Source: LapfoxTrax
Tags: Renard Darius Lapfox
BPM: 130
Filesize: 17210kb
Play Time: 05:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. The end (5 stars, 975 notes)
Download: Renard + Darius - The End
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
end the end the end
[ Eon Fox ]
Gosh, I wish this map was ranked! It's so good!
Topic Starter
Damnjelly

VeronicaTheFox wrote:

Thank you for the comment, i'm glad people still find this map to this day.
i made this map about 2 years ago, removed it and put it up again in december 2013.
unfortunatly i don't think i ever want to touch this map in the editor ever again, it's a piece of personal history and i don't want to change that.
again thank you for the comment :D
[ Eon Fox ]

Damnjelly wrote:

VeronicaTheFox wrote:

Thank you for the comment, i'm glad people still find this map to this day.
i made this map about 2 years ago, removed it and put it up again in december 2013.
unfortunatly i don't think i ever want to touch this map in the editor ever again, it's a piece of personal history and i don't want to change that.
again thank you for the comment :D
I know you said you didn't want to change this, but I was curious why it didn't get ranked, so I took the liberty of studying the file in the editor. Turns out, the things that kept you from being ranked were fairly minor things that were easy to fix.

The main issue was that the filesize exceeded 12MB without having a video, and that appears to be due to you getting the MP3-320 version of the song. The other was that you had too little drain time, due to the length of the breaks (It totalled about 4:22 drain time). The solution was as simple as shortening the first break (which was rather manageable). That raised the drain time significantly, over the 5 minute mark (barely). From there, all that had to be done was reduce the MP3 to 160Kbps (192 put it too high by about half a MB), and a renaming of the difficulty to Marathon, which would allow for the file to at least land in the approved category without a significant overhaul and additional difficulties.

If you do want it to get approved, I would be more than glad to send you the files and supply you with whatever amount of kudosu stars I can manage to get a handle on.
[ Eon Fox ]
#TheEndforLoved2017
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.