forum

Easier AR9 maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nvirjskly
I just beat my first AR9 map, http://osu.ppy.sh/b/94640, which seemed easier then many AR8s or even 7s that I have played(other than the AR.) I want to get used to reading AR9, but many of the map that I have are recent AR9 maps that seem simply to be too high of a skill jump for me at the moment, thus I was wondering if there were any similar AR9 maps out there which would help with learning to read AR9?
Far East
Perhaps it's a sign that you're improving. Anyway, I suggest finding songs you like and practice them. It makes it enjoyable and stuff like AR will be a minor attribute. Also, if you find easier songs not challenging enough, try using Doubletime and/or Hard Rock.
buny
if you don't mind not having your scores submitted, you could just use the editor to change the lower ar maps to ar9 and play those
Soulg
all the shihori maps made by Frostmourne.

you can also search ingame "AR=9" and it will list only songs that are ar9
Full Tablet
Novixion
Hardrock a bunch of Hard difficulty songs (most have AR7),kinda on the high side though (9.8 feels like 9 though).
Doubletiming AR7 Hards is also good AR9 practice because most AR9 maps also have notes closely placed together.
Topic Starter
Nvirjskly
chanhien
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/59025
Insanity was the first AR9 I've beaten,but since you used a tablet I think you won't have any trouble beating it
GoldenWolf

Novixion wrote:

9.8 feels like 9 though
No.
buny

GoldenWolf wrote:

Novixion wrote:

9.8 feels like 9 though
No.
9.8 feels like 9.8
Glasvegas
[ Lightning ]
More ar9 maps please :P :!:
Blueprint
that bump.
GoldenWolf

[ Lightning ] wrote:

More ar9 maps please :P :!:

Soulg wrote:

Mathsma
t/201768/start=0

Make even your easy diffs ar9, the easiest ar9 possible.
mad Lou
is there a possibility to search maps after ar in your folder?
GoldenWolf

mad Lou wrote:

Soulg wrote:

?
mcdoomfrag

GoldenWolf wrote:

mad Lou wrote:

Soulg wrote:

?
I'm guessing that he meant being able to filter the song's actual folders by AR. I think ?
GoldenWolf
I guess that would make sense.. I don't quite think you can do that though.
mad Lou

GoldenWolf wrote:

mad Lou wrote:

Soulg wrote:

?
Sorry I didn't see that.
B1rd
IMO AR9 isn't and more difficult than AR8, it's only above AR9 when then notes become difficult to react in time to.
Mathsma

B1rd wrote:

IMO AR9 isn't and more difficult than AR8, it's only above AR9 when then notes become difficult to react in time to.
I don't think that it is ar9 that is giving him trouble, but rather the overall more difficult maps. Most ar9's are much harder than ar8's because they are mapped with bigger jumps, more streams, and higher od's. This huge gap is what is causing him trouble, most likely. If we were able to sort by difficulty from within the client it would be a lot easier for players to slowly work their way up maps in terms of difficulty. I know Tom has said he plans to implement it, but I do not know when.
Rewben2

buny wrote:

if you don't mind not having your scores submitted, you could just use the editor to change the lower ar maps to ar9 and play those
This is the best advice. AR9 maps will almost always be at a certain difficulty, if you can't play at that difficulty but want to play ar9 then there's not much that can be done. It's like me wanting to play 10.3, every ar9 map is way too hard with dt for me >.>

But what you should also consider is that there's no reason for you to play ar9 if you can't keep up with any of the songs that are going to be ar9. You will learn it eventually, there's not much else to it.
TheVileOne
DT with AR 7 becomes AR 9.

Maybe it wont be that easy to play with double time.