forum

Project: osu!portable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dexus
So in excitement for the osu! tablets I have decided I am going to gut my old netbook (dell inspiron mini 1012, it's fairly small and I don't really use it) and convert it into a portable osu! "console" that will be used just to play osu! I will try to match the design of the tablet hopefully (Building a good looking case is probably going to be the hardest part, anyone willing to collaborate with me on it?) and I will also look into gutting an old controller to make it into an input device. I'll update as I progress through the process. I will probably be working slowly on it as I am busy with my job. Suggestions or ideas are welcome.

- Marco -
would be so cool if it will be real ^^
Topic Starter
Dexus
I'm still kicking around designs for the cabinet and thinking of how I'll run just osu! I was thinking of doing windows xp for ease of set up, but a tiny linux distro may work better. For certain I will have to upgrade the ram in this thing.
boat

Dexus wrote:

I was thinking of doing windows xp for ease of set up, but a tiny linux distro may work better
It's the other way around really ;)
idkhowtoclick
So would this be like a mini laptop, or are you gonna change the components inside the computer or something ? oO
Chokladboll
It would be cool to have two keys under the screen