forum

Getting a new mouse for cyber monday

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ballplay
and I got questions about the razer deathadder and its black edition. What kind of texture is the black edition made of? Looking at the pictures, the 2013 and black edition look like they're made of different material. I won't be using the mouse much for Osu because I have a tablet, but for all my other games. Also, if you think the deathadders are trash please recommend me a different palm grip mouse preferably less than $50.
Noobsicle
I think the Deathadder BE has a matte finish on top, and a rubberized finish on the sides of the mouse. The only difference I can see between the BE and 2013 edition (in terms of material) is that the 2013 has patterned rubberized grips on the side, which may/may not help with gripping the mouse but idk lol
Weed
Get g400/400s
TakuMii
The DA 2013 has a better sensor than the previous DAs, so unless you want to stay at 1800dpi (which is too high for my tastes), you should avoid the older DAs.
Also, the DeathAdder shape is designed as a clawgrip mouse. If you want a palmgrip, look for either a Logitech G400/G400s, a Zowie AM/EC1, or a Roccat Kone Pure Optical (avoid the regular Kone Pure though, that one's laser. Laser mice are bad with lower DPIs).
Noobsicle

YayMii wrote:

Also, the DeathAdder shape is designed as a clawgrip mouse. If you want a palmgrip, look for either a Logitech G400/G400s, a Zowie AM/EC1
I have both Deathadder and Zowie EC1, the shape is almost exactly the same :P
chanhien
DA 1800dpi 148g
DA Black 148g
=> DA 2013 105g <= much win \ :) /
thelewa
get an intellimouse explorer 3.0
TakuMii

Noobsicle wrote:

I have both Deathadder and Zowie EC1, the shape is almost exactly the same :P
Key word is "almost".
The DeathAdder is arched higher than the EC1, making it more suitable for clawgrip and less suitable for palmgrip. It's a subtle difference, but it changes how it feels in your hand.

chanhien wrote:

DA 1800dpi 148g
DA Black 148g
=> DA 2013 105g <= much win \ :) /
My mouse is only 90g, but that doesn't mean it's better. I have a Roccat Savu, and despite not having any acceleration or other issues with the sensor (other than being picky about mousepads), I think the small size and light weight of it is somewhat detrimental to my accuracy (osu! or otherwise).
Glyph

YayMii wrote:

The DA 2013 has a better sensor than the previous DAs, so unless you want to stay at 1800dpi (which is too high for my tastes), you should avoid the older DAs.
Not...quite. The 2013 edition actually has some weird sort of smoothing algorithm, and actually gives a slightly different kind of feel in regards to tracking.

The build quality is said to be superior though, and many claim that the 4G edition has a different kind of coating - not just in the rubber side grips.
TakuMii

Gimmesoup wrote:

YayMii wrote:

Not...quite. The 2013 edition actually has some weird sort of smoothing algorithm, and actually gives a slightly different kind of feel in regards to tracking.

The build quality is said to be superior though, and many claim that the 4G edition has a different kind of coating - not just in the rubber side grips.
Well, I guess it really depends on how bad the smoothing is. But I used to have a DA3.5G, and it had such an intolerable amount of negative acceleration at 800dpi that I sold it the week after I got it. That mouse really only performs as intended at 1800dpi.
sunumi

bewaredrev wrote:

Get g400/400s
As someone who had a g400 and now has a g400s, I don't really know if I can recommend it too much. DEFINITELY not the g400. The g400s maybe, but I haven't had it for a long enough time. With my g400, the cable broke, which is an extremely common thing that happens with it. Thankfully they gave me a g400s. I do not know if the g400s has cable problems like the g400, and I probablyw ill not find out since I do not play with mouse as much as I used to. I used to play competitive tf2 and counter strike and hten osu on the side when I had my g400. The g400s I havent been playing anything too intensive so I don't know about how well the cable is, but it seems to have the same cable as the g400, so unless they changed some stuff internally, then I would not recommend it.

I would recommend the Zowie mice though, I have never heard of anyone having problems with those, they seem to be extremely well made.
RaneFire

irclyna wrote:

...With my g400, the cable broke, which is an extremely common thing that happens with it. Thankfully they gave me a g400s. I do not know if the g400s has cable problems like the g400...
The cable breaks at the point it is connected inside the mouse. This is caused almost always by people letting their cable run over shit all over their desk or keeping their box on the floor and running it over the edge. If it gets caught on something and you tug it, it will break. I have three g400 mice, 2 of which are used at work. Albeit a small sample, none of them are experiencing cable problems, because I ensured the the cable does not catch on anything, and this is generally how I treat my mice since intellimouse days. It's not inherently faulty, it's just "not durable." There's a difference but it's a design fault nonetheless.

The g400s has a little plastic wrap-around-thingy at the mouse-end of the cable that is supposed to make it look like it's reinforced internally and therefore "problem fixed." I have not heard of any cable problems aside from speculative generalisations to the entire mx500/g400 series, so I suppose they must have done something right this time.
NixXSkate
For osu!, I'd recommend the Logitech G400s, Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, and Razer DeathAdder 2013 over anything. They're a bit big but they're very ergonomic. The G400s can't handle rage well, though.

If you want a small mouse, I'd recommend the Razer Abyssus and CM Storm. If you want to play mouse only, I wouldn't recommend the Abyssus though, buttons feel spongy. My only complaint about the CM Storm is that the sensor is only about an inch from the bottom, which feels rather weird in my opinion, would take getting used to.

For a good middle sized mouse, MAYBE the Roccat Savu and CM Recon. The Savu seemed pretty solid but for some reason it didn't like my full speed spinning after a while of use for some reason, as if it developed low perfect control or something, idk it's weird. I haven't tried my CM Recon yet so I can't really guarantee that it's top notch, but it seems like it.

I wouldn't recommend the Zowie mice for osu! because I think that the lift-off is too low for a game that requires constant motion at times. The lift-off is so low, I couldn't spin full speed unless I pressed down on the mousepad in fear of accidentally lifting it too much. For other games such as an FPS, yeah I would recommend the Zowie FK and Zowie EC2 eVo, just not osu!
sunumi

RaneFire wrote:

irclyna wrote:

The g400s has a little plastic wrap-around-thingy at the mouse-end of the cable that is supposed to make it look like it's reinforced internally and therefore "problem fixed." I have not heard of any cable problems aside from speculative generalisations to the entire mx500/g400 series, so I suppose they must have done something right this time.
I see.

Well, if they did fix the cable, then I would recommend it. It has a pretty good sensor, customizable dpi etc. The shape is pretty good too, and quite comfortable.
TakuMii

NixXSkate wrote:

a good middle sized mouse, MAYBE the Roccat Savu and CM Recon. The Savu seemed pretty solid but for some reason it didn't like my full speed spinning after a while of use for some reason, as if it developed low perfect control or something, idk it's weird. I haven't tried my CM Recon yet so I can't really guarantee that it's top notch, but it seems like it.
The Savu is fairly picky with mousepads, so that is likely what is causing the low PCS problem. The sensor is capable of very high PCS, but only with certain mousepads.
The CM Recon Spawn is also known for having firmware issues (some firmwares work better on certain mousepads than others, some have different LODs, one firmware somehow causes significant framerate drops when certain programs are running, etc), so you might look into that before using it.
EDIT: Oh, I was thinking of the CM Spawn. Dunno if the Recon would have the same issues though.