forum

osu!tablet official thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Marcin

Zeugmax wrote:

I just wanna verify if i only need to spend 50 usd or so, for a shipment to Colombia :). Looks awesome and cheap!!!
Read first posts and FAQ please. http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html

Just convert Yens to USD, and add 30$ to it, and there you are.
HipzER
Preorders went 502/500 so, can we still make a preorder?(gonna take support tag & preorder tablet in the same day)
kfshradio
Well, just saw this. That's what I get for wasting my time studying for finals :(

Waiting for the next 400 tablets to snag up one or two while I still can! It's so cute ahhhh
Saileri

SMAKEPZ wrote:

Preorders went 502/500 so, can we still make a preorder?(gonna take support tag & preorder tablet in the same day)
I wouldn't think that way. I dunno how it reached 502, but it's like this for some time, and if it still could be possible to preorder the number would get higher.
It's just a little bug or Peppy added someone for replacement for the canceled ones I think. If I would be you, I would just wait for more info.
HipzER

Saileri wrote:

SMAKEPZ wrote:

I wouldn't think that way. I dunno how it reached 502, but it's like this for some time, and if it still could be possible to preorder the number would get higher.
It's just a little bug or Peppy added someone for replacement for the canceled ones I think. If I would be you, I would just wait for more info.
Thanks for the info!
FlyingKiwi

Slith wrote:

koreanotaku wrote:

When is this going to be available for people who haven't had a supporter?
just when i wanted to support to get my hands on that fine piece of thing pre orders are already full >.>
So, you can't buy it forever?... :o
Maxiboyhaha
When will this be available for the public?
NetaAlta
is peppy going from 1 to 500??
FlyingKiwi

G4R4Su wrote:

koreanotaku wrote:

When is this going to be available for people who haven't had a supporter?
I think it will be available at the same time the preorderers get their e-mail to pay for the tablet.
Thanks, it's time to wait patiently...
Biri Biri
Boo. I missed out too. The extension of offering players a chance at tablets is a generous one I'm sure. I'm definitely gonna wait for the next batch to snag one up.

It's too cute, and original. Inb4 limited edtion ones with peppy's face, or country flags. Or tablets that hold personalized login information.

...Got carried away.
I want one.
Pendual
Will i be able to use cherry credits as an option to pay?
Bryan
Does the tablet warn you if the battery in the pen is about to die?
Crow

NetaAlta wrote:

is peppy going from 1 to 500??
Idk, but I'm glad I was in time tnx for the tip bro ^^.
Also let's all hope for more reproduction :P I'm shure more people would love this tablet.

Tusken wrote:

Does the tablet warn you if the battery in the pen is about to die?
Would be a very nice :O.
Sorun

Kamidachi wrote:

Boo. I missed out too. The extension of offering players a chance at tablets is a generous one I'm sure. I'm definitely gonna wait for the next batch to snag one up.

It's too cute, and original. Inb4 limited edtion ones with peppy's face, or country flags. Or tablets that hold personalized login information.

...Got carried away.
I want one.
All i want is ppy to autograph mine.
cococo321
I really want a tablet for osu! soon and I was thinking of buying a wacom bamboo splash pen ctl471. Will there soon be a 2nd batch because this product is maxed out of preorders. please reply so I don't have to buy a wacom tablet. ETA PLEASE c:
Lunavista
Ahhh I didn't even know this was happening... it's so cute! I hope there's more available soon, to be available as orders even as non-supporters... I would so love to get one.
Kanegae

cococo321 wrote:

I really want a tablet for osu! soon and I was thinking of buying a wacom bamboo splash pen ctl471. Will there soon be a 2nd batch because this product is maxed out of preorders. please reply so I don't have to buy a wacom tablet. ETA PLEASE c:
Please read the FAQ in the first page.

Yes, the pre-orders were only a "test" to see if there is demand for it. Looks like it was totally accepted, and peppy will sell it [with no limit] in January.
KnightFire

lawrencium wrote:

Will i be able to use cherry credits as an option to pay?
PayPal is the only way he's accepting payments. (Unless he changes that in the near future, which it doesn't seem like he will.)
tranman
Cool! Does this tablet come with some software (e.g. Adobe photoshop, corel painter etc.)? If it does, I might actually consider buying one of these things! So excited!!! :) :) :D 8-)
KnightFire

fluffmyllama wrote:

Cool! Does this tablet come with some software (e.g. Adobe photoshop, corel painter etc.)? If it does, I might actually consider buying one of these things! So excited!!! :) :) :D 8-)
Fairly sure it doesn't.
defused bomb

fluffmyllama wrote:

Since he was trying to make it as cheap as he could I'm pretty sure no software is included. The only "software" you will get will probably be the drivers.

What I wanna know is whether I will be able to draw this thing if I ever have a sudden urge to want to for some reason. Will this tablet be maybe up to par with a wacom tablet if I wanted to draw with it? Where does it come up short?
KnightFire

defused bomb wrote:

Will this tablet be maybe up to par with a wacom tablet if I wanted to draw with it? Where does it come up short?
Pretty sure this won't be on par with a Wacom tablet. It definitely isn't in size, obviously. And you can't really tell where it comes up short yet, mostly cause no one has one to tell you. :D
Espionage724

fluffmyllama wrote:

Probably no software (this is a tablet created mainly with the intent of playing osu!, hence "osu!tablet"). Could always use a free alternative like GIMP though or something.

defused bomb wrote:

What I wanna know is whether I will be able to draw this thing if I ever have a sudden urge to want to for some reason. Will this tablet be maybe up to par with a wacom tablet if I wanted to draw with it? Where does it come up short?
Quality concerns would be better looked into for the Huion H420 tablet, since this is what the osu!tablet is based off of.
Rain Blizzard
so peppy are u gonna add more payment methods ?

(would be happy also if u bring back MOL Points )
Raildragon
Cool,,How to buy it..I want one
Espionage724

Raildragon wrote:

Wait until general availability of the tablet (there was a pre-order period, but it's past now). If you did manage to get on the pre-order list however; then you'll have to wait till peppy says you can buy it.
Raildragon

Espionage724 wrote:

Raildragon wrote:

Wait until general availability of the tablet (there was a pre-order period, but it's past now). If you did manage to get on the pre-order list however; then you'll have to wait till peppy says you can buy it.
OK,Thank you very much
AoOni
When will the next batch come?
Topic Starter
peppy
Locking this thread so people read instead of blindly repeat the same questions.

preorders will be fulfilled whenever I get to it
non-preorders will happen after this.
more tablets will be manufactured some time.
calm down and wait please
Topic Starter
peppy
Huge apologies for lack of updates. A brief update on the status of things:

1. I have begun to make arrangements for the bulk handling/shipping of the preorders, but due to Japanese post offices being closed over the new year break have not yet made any progress.
  2. Although post offices opened yesterday, I will not be able to attend to the tablet orders until at least the 12th.
  3. I have not yet sent out any emails regarding the preorders, and if I do, I will post the same content in this thread for those who believe they may have missed the email.
  4. I'll try my best to get the tablets to you as soon as possible.
  5. Opening orders up for the remaining tablets and ordering further batches is on hold due to lack of man-power. Keep a watch on this thread.
I'm also dealing with legal issues @ osu!stream and a huge influx of cheaters to osu!, so this is adding to delays for all normal tasks which I had hoped to complete December/January. I hope you can understand.
Topic Starter
peppy
I got around to chasing up the shipping forms I need in order to start sending out orders yesterday. I made a previous order for them and hadn't hear back; apparently my order was lost as they didn't have a record of it. They had also run out of the forms for the last few weeks (probably the reason they didn't fulfil my order).

I managed to get in touch with the central post office, and had them send an order directly to the printing company. They gave me an estimation of 10 days for printing + 3 or so for the forms to get to me. I will have a small force ready to help package and send the tablets once the forms arrive. I also want to look into alternatives to EMS that can handle bulk orders a bit more efficiently.

Now that all the above is confirmed, I will open up payments for preorders, and once those are sent out, for the remaining quantity. Please keep your eyes on the tablet page over the next day or two and make sure to pay for your preorder, if you have one. I will be sending out an email as well when it is ready.

Thanks for your patience. It's my first time organising shipping of physical items on this scale, so am learning the process on the way. Once we get through one batch, further orders should be more efficiently processed.
Topic Starter
peppy
I have started accepting payments for preorders.
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/tablet

Please note that shipping will start at earliest on the 27th.
Topic Starter
peppy
Shipping labels arrived on time!

Putting together a workforce to fill the labels and prepare preorders for collection on Monday. Further availability will be announced after preorders are sent.

Edit: I realised I don't have the EMS envelopes, so there may be a day or two delay to organise that early next week. I will be sending out an email asking for payments from those who haven't yet paid for their preorder today/tomorrow.

When shipping starts, you will receive tracking info.
Topic Starter
peppy
First 100 were sent out, and many have already been received. Thanks for the feedback (haven't heard anything negative yet :)).

I am currently waiting on envelopes to arrive. They are expected to arrive tonight or tomorrow. The second batch of shipping will happen this weekend (preparation) and be sent out on Monday. This will cover all remaining paid preorders.

To those who don't have a preorder, I will be opening orders tomorrow for between 100 and 200 tablets. I am still doing this in small chunks due to inefficiencies in the shipping process at my end. I am in discussions with people to setup a better permanent solution for shipping out tablets, which will start with the next batch.

From now on, I will likely accept 100-200 orders each week until I run out of stock. If you are eager to get one, follow my twitter (@pepppppy). I'll tweet there when the orders open. Alternatively, follow this thread as I will post here too :).

Some stats:
Shipped: 100
Paid: 257
Remaining: 683 (100-150 japan-only)
Topic Starter
peppy
Confirmed my quota for sending tablets is 300-400 next week (160 are preorders). Will be opening up sales tonight. Please note you will need to pay on-the-spot using paypal.

You will be able to purchase tablets from 31st January 15:00 UTC while stocks last. Quantity will be limited at 200 this time. More to come in following weeks!
Topic Starter
peppy
Opened sales for 200 more tablets!
Topic Starter
peppy
200 sold quite quickly. Will open sales for another 200 later this week. Please watch for more info. It will likely be in a timezone which allows asia to buy them this time, as the last 200 were dominated by Euro/Americas.
Topic Starter
peppy
Sorry for the lack of updates. Here's a few things:

* The first batch have mostly sold out. I have about 150 left but will not be shipping these outside of Japan.
* I am in the process of placing an order for the next 1,000. These will be handled by a dedicated team and will be shipped efficiently, without taking up my own time.
* You can still buy osu!tablets if you live in Japan. 日本人ならばまだ買えますよ! @osu!japan store

So why am I not sending the rest outside of Japan, and why has it taken this long to update? Because I ran into a lot of unexpected difficulties and have not had the time to address them all, therefore did not want to add to the problem. Things that I ran into:

* Packages getting refused by customs for invalid reasons (devices not following country-specific specs / including batteries which cannot be shipped / having no invoices even though they were attached to the package).
* Packages being undeliverable due to incorrect addresses, addresses inside military zones, people being unable to collect the package in time resulting in return-to-sender.
* Some local issues due to incorrect addresses or incorrect payment provided for the shipping zone.
* Two faulty units which I am inspecting to see what went wrong (and hopefully avoid future cases).
* The actual process of packaging the tablets is quite intensive. Even with a team of 4-6 it was taking a full day to just get 100 out. That was consuming my time as well, since I don't have a proper web store in place and was handling the creation of invoices and input of tracking data.

Hopefully you can all understand the situation and wait patiently for the next batch to become available!

Updates to follow in this thread. Please subscribe if you are interested in receiving email alerts.
Topic Starter
peppy
Next production phase has started. Tablets will be available for order early April (another 1,000). They will be shipped by a dedicated person and things should be a lot smoother. Keep your eyes on this thread to be the first to know when they go live (or watch my twitter).

From the next order on, there should ALWAYS be availability, so don't worry about missing out. In fact I still have plenty here with me, but shipping them is painful, and I still haven't finished handling ones that have come back at me.
Topic Starter
peppy
We have plenty of tablets ready to send. I'm doing final touches on a web store to actually sell them. Should be available later this week worldwide.
show more