forum

osu!tablet official thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kagamin3-chan

_Magi_ wrote:

Is the next 400 tablets going to be for supporters or for everyone ?
They will be for everyone. Preorders were supporter only, so peppy knows if someone is able to pay it via paypal or not.

EDIT: There might be more than 400 tablets for everyone, if some people hadn't read the checkbox-text properly and couldn't pay peppy.
_Magi_

G4R4Su wrote:

_Magi_ wrote:

Is the next 400 tablets going to be for supporters or for everyone ?
They will be for everyone. Preorders were supporter only, so peppy knows if someone is able to pay it via paypal or not.

EDIT: There might be more than 400 tablets for everyone, if some people hadn't read the checkbox-text properly and couldn't pay peppy.
Okay Thanks. :D
Duality-
Peppy, how to un-order the Osu! Tablet? Because I have decided to rush and get another tablet and want to un-order this. Any help?
PaJau
waiting for black version :)
Camtasia
Damn i hope i get one before christams. :roll:
Andy
Peppy when are you going to ship the preorders? and will it have tracking?
armido15
When I'm gonna be able to submit my address and pay for it ? My order was 139 if I remember it correctly. I know some people have already paid for theirs.
KnightFire

Camtasia wrote:

Damn i hope i get one before christams. :roll:

peppy wrote:

If you really need one by Christmas, I am able to send it, but I can't do this for all orders (I will have to manually post them). If you have a preorder and don't care about the cost, I am happy to manually fulfill such orders for US$60 including postage (around $10-15 more than if you are happy to wait). In this case, please contact me via email (pe@ppy.sh) with subject "osu!tablet before christmas" with your osu! username and paypal email address.

I have exceeded my time allocation for sending christmas orders! Anyone who sent an email already is fine.
Entrin

KnightFire wrote:

peppy wrote:

Another 3-400 will be made available for order once I process the preorders. Please wait patiently as this may take a while. I am also looking into getting more manufactured to keep up with demand.
Oh, quick question. Does the email address I have on file with my Osu account have to be the same as the email on the PayPal account that I pay from?

Entrin wrote:

thanks peppy im a bit tight for money at the moment but i'll definitely buy one after christmas. any idea how much shipping is?
There's a link to check how much shipping is in the first post of this thread.
oh thank you didn't see it.
Sorun

armido15 wrote:

When I'm gonna be able to submit my address and pay for it ? My order was 139 if I remember it correctly. I know some people have already paid for theirs.
Pre order number 5 here. It's not going by preorder number, well not yet. ppy mentioned earlier you could pay $60 if you wanted it sooner. Also how do you know some have paid for theirs already? Some were sent, but i'm sure that was for the world cup winners.
Blazened
Any idea for when there will be more available?
I really want a tablet and i won't feel guilty for buying one that isn't expensive haha :D
LoWesT13
damn i just saw this... and i would deffently preorder, but preorder extended :(
Espionage724

Espionage724 wrote:

I have two OS-specific concerns:

1. Under Windows 8, tablet pen clicks cause the cursor to halt for a brief moment and then update to the next location. Is this fixable via drivers for this tablet?
2. Under Linux, some tablets exhibit strange cursor movement (the cursor moves to the next location instead of updating instantly; tap bottom right, then top left, and the cursor moves on the screen quickly from bottom right to top left, instead of teleporting). Does this tablet do this?
Can someone who actually has the tablet try out the second concern? You'd just have to boot into a Linux LiveCD (Ubuntu for example), and tap the left then right side of the tablet. If the cursor teleports, wonderful. If it drags itself to the right side, that's no good.

This is a video demonstrating what I mean specifically:

(Wacom behavior starts around 0:10; VisTablet behavior around 1:20)

Note the cursor teleport with the Wacom tablet, but notice how it moves on the VisTablet.

I'm not entirely sure why this happens or under what conditions it does. I did that video under openSUSE 13.1 and can reproduce it in Ubuntu 13.10, but strangely on SteamOS, the same tablet (seemingly) works fine. I would prefer testing under default conditions under Ubuntu 13.10 (any variant, but Xubuntu preferred).
KnightFire
I keep refreshing my email every so often hoping that a certain email will appear. :)
Whiteflag
Awh damn; Exceeded pre-order limit. Now i'm sad D:
FlyingKiwi
When is this going to be available for people who haven't had a supporter?
Unknowiii

LoWesT13 wrote:

damn i just saw this... and i would deffently preorder, but preorder extended :(
Saaaaame :(
Slith

koreanotaku wrote:

just when i wanted to support to get my hands on that fine piece of thing pre orders are already full >.>
sunako-
still don't have any email
Kagamin3-chan

koreanotaku wrote:

I think it will be available at the same time the preorderers get their e-mail to pay for the tablet.
Kasie
I just wanna verify if i only need to spend 50 usd or so, for a shipment to Colombia :). Looks awesome and cheap!!!
Poop
meh i didn't get a chance to preorder
Fatih120
Looks cool, but I think that it would take time for me to get used to it :P
Marcin

Zeugmax wrote:

I just wanna verify if i only need to spend 50 usd or so, for a shipment to Colombia :). Looks awesome and cheap!!!
Read first posts and FAQ please. http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html

Just convert Yens to USD, and add 30$ to it, and there you are.
HipzER
Preorders went 502/500 so, can we still make a preorder?(gonna take support tag & preorder tablet in the same day)
kfshradio
Well, just saw this. That's what I get for wasting my time studying for finals :(

Waiting for the next 400 tablets to snag up one or two while I still can! It's so cute ahhhh
Saileri

SMAKEPZ wrote:

Preorders went 502/500 so, can we still make a preorder?(gonna take support tag & preorder tablet in the same day)
I wouldn't think that way. I dunno how it reached 502, but it's like this for some time, and if it still could be possible to preorder the number would get higher.
It's just a little bug or Peppy added someone for replacement for the canceled ones I think. If I would be you, I would just wait for more info.
HipzER

Saileri wrote:

SMAKEPZ wrote:

I wouldn't think that way. I dunno how it reached 502, but it's like this for some time, and if it still could be possible to preorder the number would get higher.
It's just a little bug or Peppy added someone for replacement for the canceled ones I think. If I would be you, I would just wait for more info.
Thanks for the info!
FlyingKiwi

Slith wrote:

koreanotaku wrote:

just when i wanted to support to get my hands on that fine piece of thing pre orders are already full >.>
So, you can't buy it forever?... :o
Maxiboyhaha
When will this be available for the public?
NetaAlta
is peppy going from 1 to 500??
FlyingKiwi

G4R4Su wrote:

koreanotaku wrote:

I think it will be available at the same time the preorderers get their e-mail to pay for the tablet.
Thanks, it's time to wait patiently...
Biri Biri
Boo. I missed out too. The extension of offering players a chance at tablets is a generous one I'm sure. I'm definitely gonna wait for the next batch to snag one up.

It's too cute, and original. Inb4 limited edtion ones with peppy's face, or country flags. Or tablets that hold personalized login information.

...Got carried away.
I want one.
Pendual
Will i be able to use cherry credits as an option to pay?
Bryan
Does the tablet warn you if the battery in the pen is about to die?
Crow

NetaAlta wrote:

is peppy going from 1 to 500??
Idk, but I'm glad I was in time tnx for the tip bro ^^.
Also let's all hope for more reproduction :P I'm shure more people would love this tablet.

Tusken wrote:

Does the tablet warn you if the battery in the pen is about to die?
Would be a very nice :O.
Sorun

Kamidachi wrote:

Boo. I missed out too. The extension of offering players a chance at tablets is a generous one I'm sure. I'm definitely gonna wait for the next batch to snag one up.

It's too cute, and original. Inb4 limited edtion ones with peppy's face, or country flags. Or tablets that hold personalized login information.

...Got carried away.
I want one.
All i want is ppy to autograph mine.
cococo321
I really want a tablet for osu! soon and I was thinking of buying a wacom bamboo splash pen ctl471. Will there soon be a 2nd batch because this product is maxed out of preorders. please reply so I don't have to buy a wacom tablet. ETA PLEASE c:
Lunavista
Ahhh I didn't even know this was happening... it's so cute! I hope there's more available soon, to be available as orders even as non-supporters... I would so love to get one.
Kanegae

cococo321 wrote:

I really want a tablet for osu! soon and I was thinking of buying a wacom bamboo splash pen ctl471. Will there soon be a 2nd batch because this product is maxed out of preorders. please reply so I don't have to buy a wacom tablet. ETA PLEASE c:
Please read the FAQ in the first page.

Yes, the pre-orders were only a "test" to see if there is demand for it. Looks like it was totally accepted, and peppy will sell it [with no limit] in January.
show more