forum

osu!tablet official thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
tsundoll
If the first run is supporters only I'll probably just get the tablet this is based on. Hopefully preorders open for the rest of us soon.

Edit: Bought supporter lol.
Timorisu
Damn 13€ for shipping, can't afford that :|

Gonna save some money and wait for the black edition then I guess.
LuNow
How many report accuracy??
For example : CTL-470 = ±0.5mm CTL-460 = ±0.25mm
Dznutz
Normally i would of bought this first batch if there wasnt any new colorways coming out.
But since there is, I'll be waiting for the black edition to be released. Hopefully peppy implements the same method
as for the supporters get to pre-order again for the black batches. I know its not out yet but,
put me down for the Black osu! Tablet pre pre-order lol =P
DJ Chihaya
what is the payment option? is there other option exclude paypal and mastercard? and the cost? i'm not a supporter so I'm totally blind now...
and will it be in US$? or depends on where we are now? :)

I'm dying here now... I must wait saturday to become supporter and the stock was alrdy at that bad amount for 1 day release...
FabulousCupcake

DJ Chihaya wrote:

what is the payment option? is there other option exclude paypal and mastercard? and the cost? i'm not a supporter so I'm totally blind now...

I'm dying here now... I must wait saturday to become supporter and the stock was alrdy at that bad amount for 1 day release...
I think the available payment option was only Paypal, in the checkbox, not sure though.
Or just wait if you can't make it, it's not like you will never get it if you don't order it now ;)
Arras

DJ Chihaya wrote:

Basically as a supporter there is just a few checkboxes saying "Yes, I really want this and can pay using Paypal". No new information.
DJ Chihaya

Arras wrote:

DJ Chihaya wrote:

Basically as a supporter there is just a few checkboxes saying "Yes, I really want this and can pay using Paypal". No new information.
Hope more methods are added, I'm really dying now...
KnightFire
Soooo..... Is it possible to draw directly on the tablet to play? Anyone know?
XPJ38
Yes it is.
elevin

KnightFire wrote:

What do you mean by "draw"? You use a specific electronic pen that the tablet reacts to, which is included with the tablet. You can touch the surface of the tablet with that pen and you can hover about 1cm above the tablet and it will still react to your movements.
KnightFire

XPJ38 wrote:

Yes it is.
Thanks!
KnightFire

Yajiru wrote:

KnightFire wrote:

What do you mean by "draw"? You use a specific electronic pen that the tablet reacts to, which is included with the tablet. You can touch the surface of the tablet with that pen and you can hover about 1cm above the tablet and it will still react to your movements.
I was referring to making direct contact with the surface of the tablet to play, instead of hovering. To play Osu as if I was drawing on the tablet.
Omazi
Roughly how much would shipping be to Australia?
SuaveGentleman
Will there be alternate payment options available like when donating, some people may be unable to use paypal as sometimes they are a bit trigger happy when locking an account.
PUG_old_1

Omazi wrote:

Roughly how much would shipping be to Australia?
$14.62
bears_old_1
Will we still be able to use this tablet for drawing and other things?
PlasticSmoothie
Preordered! hadn't even originally planned to as I already have a tablet but hey, the smaller size is nice too for desk room.
Ca Calne
i really want this.. but sadly i dont have paypal account T_T
Topic Starter
peppy
I just cleared the first shipment through customs :). More updates to follow!

Makar
:Q______
KnightFire

peppy wrote:

I just cleared the first shipment through customs :). More updates to follow!

-snip-
Dang, that looks awesome! Are you possibly going to put up any more videos about the tablet before the first shipments go out to the people that have preordered already?
DJ Chihaya
Didn't have paypal account, suffered badly... Pls add more payment methods :(
Topic Starter
peppy

KnightFire wrote:

Dang, that looks awesome! Are you possibly going to put up any more videos about the tablet before the first shipments go out to the people that have preordered already?
I'll have high res photos and video up tonight or tomorrow :)
KnightFire

peppy wrote:

KnightFire wrote:

I'll have high res photos and video up tonight or tomorrow :)
Awesome! Thanks :D

For some reason I'm hyped to get my hands on this tablet to try it out..... (Would be nice to get it before Christmas, would be a nice gift. nudge nudge ;) )
Horo
Please excuse me if this is already answered somewhere, but is it micro-USB or mini-USB?

Micro breaks like nothing. It looks like this is mini from the pictures.

Still preordered regardless.
KnightFire

Horo wrote:

Please excuse me if this is already answered somewhere, but is it micro-USB or mini-USB?

Micro breaks like nothing. It looks like this is mini from the pictures.

Still preordered regardless.
I do believe it is miniusb.
Topic Starter
peppy
It's mini, yes.

If you really need one by Christmas, I am able to send it, but I can't do this for all orders (I will have to manually post them). If you have a preorder and don't care about the cost, I am happy to manually fulfill such orders for US$60 including postage (around $10-15 more than if you are happy to wait). In this case, please contact me via email (pe@ppy.sh) with subject "osu!tablet before christmas" with your osu! username and paypal email address.

I have exceeded my time allocation for sending christmas orders! Anyone who sent an email already is fine.
kriers
Hey peppy, can I come by in Tokyo on Saturday the 21st and pay you directly?
Frostmourne

kriers wrote:

This sentence hurts me for some reason kriers :( (I would have been there on 21st)
Horo

peppy wrote:

It's mini, yes.
Thanks.
Topic Starter
peppy

kriers wrote:

I won't be available on the 21st, sorry (out of the country until the 25th).
Myth_Riffter
Only one thing needs to be said, Peppy you are a good guy
TimKuchiki
Anyone know the cost to ship to US?
kriers

peppy wrote:

I won't be available on the 21st, sorry (out of the country until the 25th).
Alright.

Frostmourne wrote:

This sentence hurts me for some reason kriers :( (I would have been there on 21st)
I had no idea you could have been there on the 21st :o
Actually I'm really sorry I couldn't come to Tokyo that time. It's probably one of my greatest regrets this year. My sister wants to drag me through eastern Asia next year, though. Possibilities arise!
KnightFire

TimKuchiki wrote:

Anyone know the cost to ship to US?
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html
Raging Bull

Frostmourne wrote:

kriers wrote:

Hahaha
Bbles
YAYY now i can just read all the replies and drool at the tablet because i dont have much money to buy one TTwTT
Rave

Bbles wrote:

YAYY now i can just read all the replies and drool at the tablet because i dont have much money to buy one TTwTT
look under your couch
onlice1

Frostmourne wrote:

I could give out feedback as I were the tester in those videos.
I will give it as a bamboo/intuos (Wacom) user for a long time.

Pen
- Not too light and not too heavy
- Grip it quite comfortably (more than wacom tablet) as the body is not too thin and it was somewhat like a rubber that you won't slip a pen
when you are a bit sweaty from playing osu!
- Tapping feedback is as same as Bamboo and intuos I use (can't figure out any differences) but it doesn't have different pressure level?
- The pen nip can open or close like ordinary pen does. (when you press the button on the pen's head)
- A bit little delay when hovering compared with those wacom stuffs but it doesn't affect anything (probably the pc for testing wasn't that good for testing)

Tablet area
- I got used to it quickly though. The area was a bit smaller than the bamboo one.
- When dragging a pen on the tablet, it was more slippery than the bamboo but it's not too slippery to the point you can't control anything.

I personally think osu!tablet is worth for 30$. I used something like 30$ before using the bamboo and it was way too worse compared with this one.
So yea, looking forward to it \:D/
Thank you for your feedback :)
I am a Chinese player and I have used some tablet made by HUION to play osu! before. I think it is too slippery to play osu! compared to bamboo(especially in some extreme songs). I found you have also mentioned that problem. So do you think osu! tablet can perform better than other version of HUION?
show more