forum

Questions about Nightcore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kouzuki_karen
1. Where did it originate from?
2. Why does the same Nightcore song vary in sound? (Eg Levels Nightcore Mix and original version of Levels with the osu! Nightcore mod on sound very different)
3. Can Nightcore mixes be made in something like Audacity?
4. Why are the majority of Nightcore mixes songs with female singers? (Or so thats what I see on here often anyway)

:lol:
silmarilen
1: http://www.last.fm/music/Nightcore
2: because anybody can make a song "nightcore" by increasing the bpm and changing the pitch, doesnt have to be by the same amount as the nightcore mod in osu
3: i have no clue
4: because most trance songs have a female singer
Topic Starter
kouzuki_karen
Ceph23
So wait, that means any sucker with the right program can make one of these annoying high pitched songs. Any idea what what program these guys use?
Topic Starter
kouzuki_karen
My best guess is Audacity, anyone can just click change pitch, increase bpm and then say "hey it's Nightcore"
ReflexFN_old
I don't like new Nightcore music; I like older Nightcore music. I liked it when they only pitched Trance, Hands Up and Eurodance tracks. I hate how they pitch every genre now and call it "Nightcore". Nightcore is supposed to sound like Hardcore. In other words, I liked it when Nightcore was a band and not a genre. You can use any software that can edit a track's pitch to make Nightcore music. However, if you are a professional, you would edit the vocals and make them sound more female if they were a male's vocals. The problem with new Nightcore music is that people don't even bother to edit the vocals; they just pitch the track and that makes the track sound awful.
Shivarion

Ceph23 wrote:

So wait, that means any sucker with the right program can make one of these annoying high pitched songs. Any idea what what program these guys use?
i don't think so.... remix is the way more annoying :o . I like nightcore 8-)
xch00F
people who make nightcore are just using the term nightcore to justify listening to shitty music because for some reason, listening to nickleback at 1.3 is better than listening to nickleback at normal speed
Gumpy
Question 3: Yes it can be done.
silmarilen

Choofers wrote:

people who make nightcore are just using the term nightcore to justify listening to shitty music because for some reason, listening to nickleback at 1.3 is better than listening to nickleback at normal speed
oh god, people have different tastes than you, that must make them stupid!
HaihRik
What about lolicore?
ac8129464363

HaihRik wrote:

What about lolicore?
Not much of a comparison there.
Foxtrot

HaihRik wrote:

What about lolicore?
It's totally different from Nightcore.
Blue Stig
And now for something completely different.

xch00F

silmarilen wrote:

Choofers wrote:

oh god, people have different tastes than you, that must make them stupid!
you could change nickleback to any artist and it's still the same idea