forum

Adding a "Watch Replay" option on fail [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +138
show more
anonymous_old
I noticed you can save a replay after failing a multi match, and it records fine (except the failure isn't detected when replaying).
Azure_Kite

strager wrote:

I noticed you can save a replay after failing a multi match, and it records fine (except the failure isn't detected when replaying).
Shouldn't that also be posted in bug reports?

Also, I agree with this concept. It was good in OTO2, and It'd be fun to see how far along I'd been holding onto that last sliver of health before I failed. Support
eMJaReL
I generally like the idea of making replays of fails
What I would like to have in my replays would be an option to jump to my misses (especially for the maps i played with 1 screwed up beat :evil: ). Slo-Mo would be nice somehow, too. I can´t see always cleary in my replays why i got something wrong.
YGOkid8
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nakata Yuji

soradg123 wrote:

This is also a feature found in the Ouendan games known as Review. I'm surprised that this was never implemented in osu!

+1 Support
GabrielRKF
Suport
Arusha Shuna
+Support

at least make the replay near the failed section (15-30s before)
...or not

whatever, still supports
Mara
Sounds good idea, supporting.
BananasGoMoo
this would be very useful in learning from your mistakes

+Support
Sir Minelli
Meh I personally dislike this.

If you want to learn a particular pattern, use some of the mods available... watch osu! on auto and learn it, or for those who know how to, go edit the map and practice.

I don't really see a point of watching a replay after say... 5 seconds of playing and then failing.

Learn from your mistakes by playing it again.

I see this as a low priority feature really, don't know what peppy thinks about this.
Shohei Ohtani
I support this.

Although, you can just go into Edit -> Beatmap -> Skip to that part -> Test (of course without touching anything) and watch it, I think it would be more convenient with the Review option.
Jeffro
Support!
Topic Starter
bbobjs

Sir Minelli wrote:

Meh I personally dislike this.

If you want to learn a particular pattern, use some of the mods available... watch osu! on auto and learn it, or for those who know how to, go edit the map and practice.

I don't really see a point of watching a replay after say... 5 seconds of playing and then failing.

Learn from your mistakes by playing it again.

I see this as a low priority feature really, don't know what peppy thinks about this.
Allot of the times when I fail on a fast/complex stream I'm not even sure what I failed to. Did I fail because I wasn't getting enough 300s, did I fail because I missed a note, did I fail because I batched a pattern? Sometimes I'm simply not sure, especially on the first time I encounter it. True I could watch the song on auto, but then I'm watching allot of what I don't actually need to see, also I'm not actually playing. True I could also go into edit mode and alter the map to practice that one pattern but that's time consuming and complicated; generally I only need to see what I did wrong once or twice to make sure I don't do it the next time. It's a completely different type of helpful than seeing the computer do it perfectly and quite a bit faster and easier than going into edit mode just to learn one pattern.
Neo Adonis
I support the idea. However, I think this would be so complex. I mean, you can't record all the times you failed or you will be screwed by lots of replays, and watch them will take more time than just trying again. But this idea could be good, I think.
Randy96
Maybe it could just show just the 5 seconds before you failed, but I think a seek bar would probably come first.
qlum
EBA/Ouendan on the ds could handle it so it should be possible
Derekku
Yeah, this would need a seek bar. :P
Metruzero
+1 Support
-David
a
YGOkid8
so like, guys, since we can vote for stuff now, let's all push this up ^.^
[Sora]_old
Support
MDuh
I have no more Vote to add, but Support!
DerJoint
+1 support
VelperK

MDuh wrote:

Hadez
+1 support.
endlessHorizon

VelperK wrote:

MDuh wrote:

Hernan
Yes, please.
J U D G E
Don't have any more votes but i support :D.
Pizzicato
too bad i dont have a star to support this D:

+1 support!!
Yuzeyun
Dat thing. I've wanted it, and if it is possible to "review" it in the three modes ;www;

Support !

EDIT : what I'm the 50th star ?
ElxBeta
I totally support this. (even tho I don't have any votes left D:)
Vext_old
Would definitely be nice to see where I was going wrong on a certain part of a map sometimes. +1
Sy[K]es
Well, i don't think it would be use full watching your failing reply i mean, what's the use of watching your self fail :cry: Good Luck
YGOkid8

ExoSphere wrote:

Well, i don't think it would be use full watching your failing reply i mean, what's the use of watching your self fail :cry: Good Luck
to see how, where and why you failed
anongos
I can see where this would be useful, but what's wrong with just using the "No Fail" mod while practicing the maps that you know you would fail, then watching the replay of that?
YGOkid8

anongos wrote:

I can see where this would be useful, but what's wrong with just using the "No Fail" mod while practicing the maps that you know you would fail, then watching the replay of that?
cause let's say there's this song you play, and you fail towards the end of that. instead of using no fail and watching replay for the WHOLE song to get to that part, the watch replay option on fail can watch in that section. then if you want to rewatch, you don't have to go through the WHOLE song to get to that part.

pretty narrow scenario, but remember, an "option". not everyone will have the use for this, but the majority would (probably)
Musty
+1 Support for this.
Kei
+1 Support :D
Neruell
Why do you need to see where you failed? I do see that when I DO fail. If I do a stream and I see that I fail it, then I know that I failed there. Nothing for me to watch over and over, again and again. If I miss a note or a jump then I do see it straight away since it was me who was playing the map and I do notice where I fail. What would be pretty "nice" is if you could not just watch a replay but also "edit" it, like watch in slowmotion or just a simple pause or even save it to local disk like a normal finished replay because that would maybe help you see what you really did wrong and analyze it. Although I don't know if it is really that easy to do (with the "edit" feature, since the replay in Osu! is not just a video recorded like with Fraps of how you played because there are some cases out there where the replays fail while you didn't actually fail when you did it by yourself. So maybe that kind of feature would make the replay "worse" or even "broken" or simply false. Which will cause more trouble rather than use.
YGOkid8

Neruell wrote:

help you see what you really did wrong and analyze it
perfect summary of why we want this. of course a slow motion thingo would be nice as well, but we can't go asking for features for other stuff that aren't even made yet, can we? o.o
show more