forum

Pinky Bending

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley
Why do notable osu! players bend their pinky fingers inward toward their wrist? Here's a screenshot of what I mean: http://puu.sh/5ycIx.jpg
Does it help at all?
silmarilen
so you saw one guy do it and you thought everybody did? everybody has their own way of holding their hand, and whatever someone else does does not necessarily make you better.
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley
I've seen a number of good osu players doing this and I'm curious to why they do it...
.-.
Almost

Evolvation wrote:

I've seen a number of good osu players doing this and I'm curious to why they do it...
.-.
It probably feels comfortable for them. There really is no other reason.
Pettanko
all you need to know is that bending your pinky isn't necessary to be good at pressing buttons

see: hakurei reimu
Zare
Instead of bending it, I keep my pinky straight and kinda spread it away from the rest of the hand
I suppose it looks pretty stupid but I'm accustomed to it and even when trying cannot get rid of this, it makes my hand posture more stable or something

edit: Here's a pic
Dexus
you really have to just relax your hand and focus on hitting the keys quickly and correctly. If you think about the way your hand is it's going to mess you up. You'll naturally do stuff.
Xcrypt

Zarerion wrote:

hahahah
Vmx

Zarerion wrote:

Instead of bending it, I keep my pinky straight and kinda spread it away from the rest of the hand
I suppose it looks pretty stupid but I'm accustomed to it and even when trying cannot get rid of this, it makes my hand posture more stable or something

Yeah it's the same as mine.
Oinari-sama
That pinky's getting aroused...
GoldenWolf

Zarerion wrote:

Pretty much what I do on fast/long streams
RaneFire
I think you should just play the game and stop worrying about every little thing.

It really does not help to know everything when you only just started the game, because you won't know if it works later since you're applying it to a noob set of skills now.
Zare
ITT: Post your pinky
EcksDee
Man my hand just relaxed on the keyboard like if I'm playing an fps on wasd.
All y'all singletappers with your weird poses
Dat Unreal
I bend my pinky too as shown in the Picture.
Why I do it? Dunno. Its quite confortable like this for me, i've tried different positions aswell but this is the only one which works for me.
Btw; After a longer time of playing (~6h a day) it really starts to hurt for days, at least for me.
buny
My pinky is in the position as if I was resting my hand on my keyboard.

It really is only preference, some people don't even notice unless you ask/tell them
PlasticSmoothie
Please tell me I'm not the only one that thought of bending from Avatar:TLA when seeing the title.
Please.

OP: They do it because that's comfortable to them, it's not better or worse than other methods you might see people use.
MalcoraX
tokaku
I do that too. I've tried playing the game with my pinky straight but no I just can't play. I think it has to do with the strain I apply on my muscles that I use to tap zx which also pulls the muscle at my pinky causing it to bend. It kinda makes everything easier for me but after a few hours my pinky gets pretty strained
Claire

Dat Unreal wrote:

Why I do it? Dunno. Its quite confortable like this for me, i've tried different positions aswell but this is the only one which works for me.
Btw; After a longer time of playing (~6h a day) it really starts to hurt for days, at least for me.
Dude, that profile picture
NixXSkate
goobys pls
iWhorse

Pettanko wrote:

all you need to know is that bending your pinky isn't necessary to be good at pressing buttons

see: hakurei reimu
Reimu lifts up his pinky, although he lifts up his ring finger higher.

Dafydd
it's a waste of a few ATPs
EatOsu

RaneFire wrote:

I think you should just play the game and stop worrying about every little thing.

It really does not help to know everything when you only just started the game, because you won't know if it works later since you're applying it to a noob set of skills now.
Why can i not upvote this.
Xho

EatOsu wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Because this is not le reddit.

ampzz
I just finger the keyboard without putting any thought into it.
neurosis

Xhomas wrote:

EatOsu wrote:

Because this is not le reddit.

not sure your thought process in making fun of reddit then posting an impact font image
Dat Unreal

iNakkivene wrote:

Dat Unreal wrote:

Dude, that profile picture
Holy shit