show more
GSR_old

Moofey wrote:

GSR wrote:

So the new Edgeworth game is out and

um

well

holy shit

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BoltStorm/Sprites/GyakuKen/Screens/ohdeargodyes.png
Must be a flashback.

It looks like young Edgeworth, and if I have this correct, Manfred von Karma should have been executed by the time AAI takes place.
It is. MVK and Edgeworth are about to prosecute a trial when the witness and defendant end up dead.
Cuddlebun

Detective Tuesday wrote:

Todesengal wrote:

I saw you in that thread Feen

I assume that's in reference to "Feenie"
No, no. I can't say I'd bring myself to create a user name based off of the main character of a series for which the forum I'm using the name on is dedicated. I used to be Feen everywhere. Hell, I used to be Feen here, before I really started playing.
you gotta admit, though, that's an awesome coincidence
Detective Tuesday
It is, I can't lie. The first time I saw that in GS3 I was like "haah".
Nachy
Gyakuten Kenji

Currently on half of Case 4, so far so good and I'm pretty much liking the whole idea here, Case 3 was epic, so I expect Case 4 to be as good or even more.
purplepizza_old

peppy wrote:

I was up until around 5am last night, but its all over now! I am free from being an attorney for the time being. What a great game that was :)
lol. ps thanks for making osu peppy
K2J
So they're porting the original trilogy (and Rise from the Ashes) to WiiWare. No big surprise, but I could swear they said they wouldn't be putting the franchise on the Wii. Maybe they meant new content only...
Nachy

K2J wrote:

So they're porting the original trilogy (and Rise from the Ashes) to WiiWare. No big surprise, but I could swear they said they wouldn't be putting the franchise on the Wii. Maybe they meant new content only...
woohoo pointing objection!!! with your Wiimote at the screen :D
Loginer

K2J wrote:

Let's just hope it's a remake and not a cheap GBA port. I'd love to replay the game with high-quality portraits and music.
Edit: It's a GBA port.
NaruhodouRyuuichi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
EvianBubble
Zomg AAI demo lolwut :)

Can't find PW4 ... is it still selling in stores or will I have to order over the Internet?! I need my Apollo Justice D: (BTW I live in Canada).
Can't wait for AAI~
awp
boo, froze on me after investigating a broken tea cup set
Wojjan
the tea cup eats you
you die
Zakura_old
phoenix wright is awesome.. even though im pretty badly stuck on PW3.. =[
i keep getting stuck, then i work out the answer, then get stuck again
i guess i just fail at it sometimes
YellowerYoshi
Gee, I must be a rare breed around here.

Justice for All is actually my favorite of the series... which apparently everyone else thinks is the worst. Go figure.

Let's throw in some random favorites since it's a whole thread on Phoenix Wright, eh?

Favorites!
Prosecutor: Franziska von Karma (Out of all the prosecutors, she's been the fiercest competition. Even when you have the awesome Cornered music going and think you've just about cracked the case, she's still throwing Objections in your face. Gotta love her for keeping you on your toes.)

Villian:
SPOILER
Matt Engarde for being a complete ass. Seriously, he uses you since he knows you can't declare him guilty without Maya being in danger. Too bad for him that Phoenix and Edgeworth were able to stall the case long enough.
Wellington is a close second because he loves large bananas and has a truly evil ringtone.

Defendant: Easily Ron DeLite for being hilarious and having ridiculous hair. "I could imagine him screaming 'Now please dieeeeeeeeee!'"

Case(s): (In order of preference) 2-4 "Farewell, My Turnabout", 3-2 "The Stolen Turnabout", 2-2 "Reunion, and Turnabout", 2-3 "Turnabout Big Top"

And that's all for now. 8D
Detective Tuesday
2-3 is one of my favorite cases, for what it's worth. It's underrated, people can't seem to get passed the clown and appreciate how fucked up the case really is. 3-2 is my favorite if just for the characters. As for my favorite mystery however, it'd probably be that of 1-4 and all that surrounds it.

Damn. I have court on the same day as AAI comes out... Wild, 'cause my uncle had supreme court on the day AA4 came out. I don't expect my situation to be as successful, however. You know you can't plea bargain with a provisional license? I don't see why it would matter, just another reason why "fuck the police".
Pokebis
Edgeworth game comes out tomorrow in the USA!~
Remco32
Ace_Attorney_Investigations_Miles_Edgeworth_USA_NDS-BAHAMUT
I'm pretty damn sure there will be some sort of piracy protection.
tieff
nardii
OH FUCK YES FINALLY
qlum
it's dumped and no AP so far
Pokebis
I've heard of some AP issues in the first chapter and freezing and saving issues in emulators. Haven't started yet, so can't say anything on my own, but apparently this series isn't doing hot in the USA and we need to all buy it if we want to see the next AA game localized. That being said, I think there's already patches for whatever issues there are, I just haven't looked into them.
Loginer
Remco32
Finished the first chapter last night - no freezes or piracy protection so far. Saving works fine. (M3 Real, not latest fw)
Pokebis
I had a freeze with my G6 Real near the beginning when you point out the problem with the bullet on the jacket frame, but turning off soft reset fixed it for me. I love the way Edgeworth explains "Logic" to Gumshoe.
Remco32
Are there even parts where you are in the court? Or is it just playing detective the whole time?
tieff
Finished 2nd chapter. So awesome, i'm gonna die!

Are there even parts where you are in the court? Or is it just playing detective the whole time?
I don't think so. But don't worry, playing detective it's intresting too. And cross-examination thing and other stuff still here.
Pokebis
They pretty much took the least interesting part of the series and made it into an entire game botching the best parts. Yet, they managed to make it just as fun and awesome as the other games. Investigating is fun now. I also am liking the logic system so far, but I'm not that deep into the game yet.
heintsi
it's over 9000!
..Just had to.
Stuck at 2nd chapter now at first Franziska von Karma rebuttal. Will continue later tonight.
Also Cammy's clothes are bit exposing.
tieff
Btw, Announce The Truth 2009 - the best "Announce The Truth" song.
Cornered 2009 it's pretty cool song, but no so epic as other Cornered theme.
Lesjuh

Remco32 wrote:

Finished the first chapter last night - no freezes or piracy protection so far. Saving works fine. (M3 Real, not latest fw)
Also works fine on my R4 (latest fw). I'm now halfway the second chapter and man I love it :D
RemixRave

Remco32 wrote:

SPOILER
in case 4 you start as young edgey in a courtroom but then a murder takes place and it's back to csi,logic,etc etc
EEeee
Mid point in 4 case, meeeee likey <3

game is looking sooo good
Detective Tuesday
I won't rest until I've inspected every suspicious looking nook and cranny.
Wizard Of Orz
EUREKA
K2J
NOT SO FAST

I'm rather impressed by the animation and sound quality. I know they're probably not too much more work than the normal sprites, but the new perspective makes it feel a lot more active, since I don't have to constantly remind myself that I'm Phoenix/Apollo during investigation.

The women seem disproportionally more attractive (or at least "cuter" in the non-sexual way) in this game than the past ones. And yes, that's even taking into account the severe dip Oldbag has on the average.

Just finished the fourth case... did anyone else get really sharp mood whiplash when young Kay met you in the courtroom late in the investigation? Sweet Jesus, I was about to start crying myself if it weren't for a sudden "OH HAI CRAVAT" moment.
Wizard Of Orz
case 3 part 3!!~
lukewarmholiday
Case 5 had so much fucking deus ex machina, ugh.
qlum
finished a few days ago and went to bed at 6 am that night
K2J

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Case 5 had so much fucking deus ex machina, ugh.
Agreed. You're referring to the high number of people bursting in to deliver new information, I assume?
show more