posted
Total Posts
show more
Quaraezha
Isn't that the one with the Dolphin?
NoHitter

Quaraezha wrote:

Isn't that the one with the Dolphin?
You ahve to defend an orca or so I've heard.
Haneii
DLC is out...I think XD

I downloaded something and went back to playing the new Zelda. I'd rather play it when I'm all alone in my room so I can just focus on the case and enjoy the music/characters. Pheonix Wright games are the type of games I can't play on the go :(
Xgor
Got and played the new case and really liked it.
I really didn't expect the case to end on such a bittersweet note though, considering the silly theme of the case.

Also it was lovely to see Pearly to get some more action in this case compared to the main story, and cross-examining a orca = Awsome!
Tsukimi Luna
i havent got my 3DSXL yet....
Im going to get it

But if im not wrong..
PW5 is only available on the eshop
And it costs $30 no?
happy30
it's 30$ yeah, but 36$ if you want the extra DLC case too.
LuigiHann

foulcoon wrote:

not entirely a spoiler, just reveals one of the recurring characters

That line made my day
Azure_Kite
I wonder if that's an indirect reference to your collaboration in osu! :P I find it hard to believe it's anything but.
Quaraezha
And here I was thinking that song and Phoenix Wright will never collide again.
Remco32

Azure_Kite wrote:

I wonder if that's an indirect reference to your collaboration in osu! :P I find it hard to believe it's anything but.
Or it's just a reference to the Queen song.
Quaraezha
Which seems to be the obvious case. But there are a lot of possible references and a lot of Queen songs to choose too. This one seems to coincidental. Capcom does seem to have a habit of appreciating fan works.
Tsukimi Luna
i bought credits for $35...
I bought AA5...
Balance : $5.01
DLC price $6.00

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Theres no way i can reload $1

I just started Case 3

I'm confused about how Athena said she hadn't met Juniper Woods for the past 7 years...
Was the 1st case AFTER the 3rd case?
I doubt it because I mean Juniper went back to the woods after attending the themis academy??!!
Mindfak desu
Then why did they not meet for 7 years?
What about the court bombing?
She was 18 in both cases... (I think)
Im confused ;-;

Dont answer me if its a spoiler

I mean Juniper went back to the woods after attending the themis academy??!!
Mindfak desu

Nevermind i found it out after i started case 4
Lyubey
Case 3-5. It's the best reunion ever!
Tsukimi Luna

Likewise i really love the music...
AA never fails in the aspect of music <3
Lyubey
Indeed. The music is very good. Sadly in AA5 there seems to be a lack of a certain Oldbag
Quaraezha
It's been 8 years... so...
Lyubey
No...
Ceph23
The last Pheonix Wright game I played was Trials and Tribulations.
Never realized there were more. I was living under a rock for a long time........
Tsukimi Luna

Quaraezha wrote:

It's been 8 years... so...
D:
N-nooooooooooo ;-;
Jinxy
Bump for the completion of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 fan-localisation. Just finished it and holy shit the last twist hit me like a bullet train. Quite a interesting bunch of recurring and cameo characters. The case that preceded DL-6 was interesting too.

As for the more technical stuff, they weren't exaggerating when they said "you would think you have a US release of the game in your hands." Very well done localisation, but the last 2 cases laid out internet references and shout-outs a lot thicker than usual for some reason, almost a little too much imo.
GiuliaBlack
Woow..
I just began Ace Attorney and solved 3 cases~ So I have some work left :D
I like this game :) But at the moment I don't like Miles Edgeworth, maybe he'll become more sympathic later :D
XPJ38

Jinxy wrote:

Bump for the completion of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 fan-localisation. Just finished it and holy shit the last twist hit me like a bullet train. Quite a interesting bunch of recurring and cameo characters. The case that preceded DL-6 was interesting too.

As for the more technical stuff, they weren't exaggerating when they said "you would think you have a US release of the game in your hands." Very well done localisation, but the last 2 cases laid out internet references and shout-outs a lot thicker than usual for some reason, almost a little too much imo.
Just finished the first episode, the translation quality is really impressive indeed, I was not expecting that.
Lyubey
Oh Investigations 2!! Where can I find it? (Investigations 1 was my first AA game :) )

EDIT: Found it now. Can't wait to get started!
GetxOriginal
So my friend was teasing me about a live-action PW movie made in Japan, "pshh, okay Kevin, you got me~"

Searched it up the following night, it actually exists, and I'm not usually into live action video-game movies but hey, Phoenix Wright. :3

From the trailer it looks pretty based off of the first game, still need to watch the actual thing though. :33

(Source: Do enough(actually very little) digging on YouTube and you'll find it :333
Azure_Kite
It's been out for ages now.

I thought it was a decent enough movie. The Blue Badger is amazing.
Jazz
It was really nice, how they made the setting really suitable to the game mechanics e.g. the confetti and evidence showing stuff
Jinxy
It was an ok movie. I liked how on Manfred's first appearance he was visibly rubbing his shoulder, for people who already know the events to catch on. Though watching that movie did make me forget how the real game's events went which made me think there was a huge plot hole in AAI2. The murder weapon in IS-7 was not a gun, but Gregory wasn't shot with it in the actual game.

The only thing I distinctly remember hating about that movie is the terrible lighting at one point when Gumshoe was persuading Wright to defend Edgeworth. I get the silhouettes make it look more serious but they were literally shrouded in darkness for like 5min straight
Jazz
ahh yes
the lighting made the whole movie kinda gloomy instead of hmm, I guess comical, I can't seem to think of the right word, like how it was in the games
LuigiHann
Did you guys see that Dual Destinies came out on iOS?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phoenix ... 62024?mt=8

First case is free, and it looks amazing
AudioBC

LuigiHann wrote:

Did you guys see that Dual Destinies came out on iOS?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phoenix ... 62024?mt=8

First case is free, and it looks amazing
Is not for android tho :(
Jinxy
I just realised no one said anything about Great Ace Attorney, where the MC is Phoenix's ancestor. Got reminded about it because they just revealed 2 new characters. Sherlock Holmes and loliWatson
[ Kubolo ]
Awww one of the best games i've ever played >.<
Jinxy

I am pretty hyped for GAA
NoHitter
/late but still :)

Just finished Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, and I have to say I loved it.

The storyline was great. I loved its depth and the interactions between the characters. The plot was mostly Layton-themed driven (You know the usual "solve the mystery of the town") but I must say even for a Layton-driven plot, this was one of the more innovative ones.
The gameplay is what you would think of a crossover game. It usually sticks to one format (PL) then switches over (PW). There were quite a few attempts to mix them, but they kind of fell short a bit. Nevertheless, it's a great game.
The music was awesome. If you loved the soundtracks of both games, then you would definitely love how they mixed them together in some parts.

Overall, it's a great game. The plot is nice and thought provoking. I would recommend it.
Aldwych

Jinxy wrote:

I am pretty hyped for GAA
OwO
Jinxy

NoHitter wrote:

/late but still :)

Just finished Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, and I have to say I loved it.

The storyline was great. I loved its depth and the interactions between the characters. The plot was mostly Layton-themed driven (You know the usual "solve the mystery of the town") but I must say even for a Layton-driven plot, this was one of the more innovative ones.
The gameplay is what you would think of a crossover game. It usually sticks to one format (PL) then switches over (PW). There were quite a few attempts to mix them, but they kind of fell short a bit. Nevertheless, it's a great game.
The music was awesome. If you loved the soundtracks of both games, then you would definitely love how they mixed them together in some parts.

Overall, it's a great game. The plot is nice and thought provoking. I would recommend it.
Hah, I finished it a few days ago myself. Agreed on every point especially the soundtrack, and the sorta-lacking mechanic mixing. There was only one "contradictory puzzle" which was really just "fail an unsolvable puzzle a few times then the game tells you the next step" and that kinda disappointed me. The new courtroom methods were fun too except for the late-game part where you have to question the cat and there's absolutely no prompt... Had to hint coin that one.
Jinxy
Great Ace Attorney bump

...wait no

They're using the PLvsPW mechanics fuck yes

http://www.capcom.co.jp/dai-gyakuten/story/
Scroll through this to hear the different soundtracks too.
Trash Boat
Kamure

Ace Attorney 6.

Also, LOCALIZE DGS, DAMMIT!!!

For the English-inclined, but without the AJ annoncement:

skyldgh
gyakuten saiban 6 announced

ayyyyyyyyy