forum

[11.30.14] Luminance

posted
Total Posts
show more
AGRX
Luccyous
I can't see the difference between unplayed and played, please do something about this.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
As of right now, I am working on redesigning the interface to make them more appealing to the eye.

Agrrox wrote:

found interesting article: http://stlplaces.com/night_vision_red_myth/
The skin uses many different factors that is not addressed in the article. On top of that, the article is from 2003 and most of the sources are no longer there. The article mention that green and blue may be used if the brightness (hue) is turned down. This is how I was able to use these colors in the first skin. One thing that the article did not mention was the use of the color purple. This is because purple has the highest wavelength and uses a lot of energy. Because of this it will take longer to adapt to night vision. The skin does not use any purple colors (unless it is forced by osu!). In the Planckian Locus update, the main focus is color temperature. The article did not touch on this at all. The article may have applied to the first skin, however it was majorly flawed. Which is why Planckian Locus was created.

To this day, the skin tries to follow these major principal. Color temperature, hue, low wavelength, transparency and minimalistic. There is another principals, but those are the main ones.

ChiLynn wrote:

I can't see the difference between unplayed and played, please do something about this.
I'll look into this. Thanks.
I fixed it, but wait until next update.
Luccyous

Uruoki wrote:

I fixed it, but wait until next update.
Thanks a lot.
TheNoobseeker
Hey could you make this skin in the original collour too? i really like it but i think the white one is better for me
Ayesha Altugle

TheNoobseeker wrote:

Hey could you make this skin in the original collour too? i really like it but i think the white one is better for me
Try to look and scroll which is still on the first post under Lumiance Standard Series?
Topic Starter
Uruoki

TheNoobseeker wrote:

The hitcircles use the original colors. Could just download an older version and replace the circle file and change the text in skin.ini
I am slowly working on a day time version.
AGRX
So when will new update come out ?
kai xin_old

Fr33z3R wrote:

Yeah Science bitch!

<3 this skin. xD
TheNoobseeker

Uruoki wrote:

TheNoobseeker wrote:

The hitcircles use the original colors. Could just download an older version and replace the circle file and change the text in skin.ini
I am slowly working on a day time version.
Okay thanks :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

Aiming for Saturday, at the latest this Sunday.

In other news, this thread is the most replied skin thread. The only other skin that has this many replies is Shingeki no Kyojin/ Attack on Titan Skin. It has been around in a year. Luminance has only been around for 6 months.

I would just like to say thanks for all the feedback that I have had over the months and thanks to everyone that is using this skin. I always try to make it easiest for the users to use the skin and make it the best I can. I couldn't do it without listening to you guys. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Because I got a lot of support in the past, here is a peak at what the new menu-background will look like. I may edit it later, but at least it gives the skin more personality.

http://a.pomf.se/ubpikg.jpg
TheNoobseeker
Can you tell me when the updated day version comes out? I'm a noob and i dont really know how to change the skin.ini things to have a nice day version..
:roll:
AGRX

Uruoki wrote:

Agrrox wrote:

Edit: Because I got a lot of support in the past, here is a peak at what the new menu-background will look like. I may edit it later, but at least it gives the skin more personality.

http://a.pomf.se/ubpikg.jpg
This reminds me fractal or glitch style graphics.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

TheNoobseeker wrote:

Can you tell me when the updated day version comes out? I'm a noob and i dont really know how to change the skin.ini things to have a nice day version..
:roll:
To be honest, I am looking at a month. I started on it, and it is mostly finished, however I will have to play test it and I am still updating Planckian Locus because osu gets updated quite a lot recently. If there is no errors and no major skin update, I will work on it again next weekend. I'm aiming for July, but at this moment, I can't be 100% for sure.

Comet wrote:

I liked the dusty "MenuGlow" alot, can't believe it got removed from this amazing skin ;s Luckily I have a backup of the color
I haven't forgotten about this. I just ran out of supporter that was gifted to me. So it will have to be addressed at another time.

Yuukidesuu wrote:

Can you make a folder or a package where its different to each mods.
What i mean is, have the skin only for Standard, Taiko, CTB, or Mania.
Just to let you know, I am still looking into solutions for this. I have a few ideas though.

-----
Edit: Update out.
AGRX
Do you plan to uniform (fix/replace some outdated files on) Standard, Planckian Locus and Day Time ?
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

Do you plan to uniform (fix/replace some outdated files on) Standard, Planckian Locus and Day Time ?
Standard is done. It was a good start, however it did not fill the purpose that I wanted it to. Planckian Locus and the Day Time skins will be the only two that gets updated once I am finished. Planckian Locus shouldn't have any outdated files in it unless I am missing something.
AGRX
what do you think about to remove count1.png count2.png and count3.png ?
And even the Aesthetic skin is using the 1x1 transparent images.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

what do you think about to remove count1.png count2.png and count3.png ?
And even the Aesthetic skin is using the 1x1 transparent images.
It is going to stay there. There is a blank.png in the extra folder for people that want to remove it.
AGRX
so whats the status ?
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

so whats the status ?
Status of what? Changelog is always updated to what is upcoming. Updates will most likely return to a weekly schedule like when I first started the project.
The Monk
this is probably already mentioned, but in the .osk file you're missing the 4,5,6,(?7) in the default format (not score)
Raniemi
Is it me or I can't see my unstable rate at the end of a song with this skin
TCLCNiche
Occurs with me as well, not sure if its the skin or osu though since I only use this skin v.v

- not sure if related, but is the retry button supposed to be like that o.O?
Topic Starter
Uruoki
I will return in a week to address any postings. I had something very important come up that needs to be attend to.
Raniemi

TCLCNiche wrote:

Occurs with me as well, not sure if its the skin or osu though since I only use this skin v.v

I guess it's a bug with the skin because it is visible with other skins
AGRX
i think that whole screen of ranking screen should be overlayed with that transparent black
to prevent the anoying glow of those shiny background images

I think be default if the following files are not present in the skin:
ranking-replay.png
ranking-retry.png
ranking-back.png

osu use files with prefix pause- instead for ranking buttons.

Reason why the retry and replay buttons are diferent is that they are not in same style.

Also i want to notice that some SD and HD files dont match, could be replaced.
sadwai
8-) great design!
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Haagentii wrote:

this is probably already mentioned, but in the .osk file you're missing the 4,5,6,(?7) in the default format (not score)
Not sure why. I used the osk file maker in the skin selection. I'll make the osk file by hand for now one.

Raniemi wrote:

Don't know, I don't have a problem and 98% of the elements are cropped to the smallest size possible.

TCLCNiche wrote:

Yes, but no. I forgot that "Retry" shows up on the result screen. I'll change that in next patch.

Agrrox wrote:

i think that whole screen of ranking screen should be overlayed with that transparent black
to prevent the anoying glow of those shiny background images

I think be default if the following files are not present in the skin:
ranking-replay.png
ranking-retry.png
ranking-back.png

osu use files with prefix pause- instead for ranking buttons.

Reason why the retry and replay buttons are diferent is that they are not in same style.

Also i want to notice that some SD and HD files dont match, could be replaced.
I'll think about making a transparent black overlay.
"ranking-X.png" files are not supported pass version 2.
Which SD and HD files don't match?
Haskorion

Raniemi wrote:

Main reason for that is that 1x1 pixels can't be hovered over. The textbox with the rate won't show up since some textboxes are rather dependent on the element size.
I also tried that on my skin and changed it to a larger transparent image at 309x158. After that it showed the textbox with the textbox more reliably. I had a panel with a pre-attached graph and that transparent pixel, but later with a larger transparent pixel and a detached graph at the end because of the textbox.
igoryuske

TheBetterRed wrote:

Now thinking about it, I think I understand what you mean. The colour red, along with other lower frequency EMR have a big wavelength. Respectively they also have a low frequency. Frequency can be defined (as you have mentioned) as the number of cycles per second, and it is measured in hertz. However, having a low frequency doesn't mean that the wave is travelling any slower than, for example gamma ray. The cycle is the region from one peak to another. Also , wavelength is measured in meters.

As for the cell related stuff, I honestly don't know much about it. I'll need to do my homework on it ;D
techbot
not sure if it's just me but the hp bar always looked like this for me

edit:

just tried it happens because I've set my resolution to 1366x768.

If I run osu on full screen it fits perfectly.
AGRX
I have made a HD rework of Lewa numbers, Because these numbers are kinda popular and they seems be more affective for reading due their serif flat character. I have made a vector port which is accurate

Feel free to include them into your extra folder

Download
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Working on the new update now, hopefully it will be out tonight.

techbot wrote:

p/3116648/

Agrrox wrote:

I have made a HD rework of Lewa numbers.
I am trying to avoid fat fonts. Mainly because they cover up too much for stacks.
Haskorion

Uruoki wrote:

Working on the new update now, hopefully it will be out tonight.

techbot wrote:

p/3116648/
You forgot to fix the SD scorebar-bg for scorebar-marker. HD one is fine.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

ReddScorn wrote:

Works for me.

Haskorion

Uruoki wrote:

ReddScorn wrote:

Works for me.
1280x960 is an HD mode resolution. Everything above 1000x800 is HD mode resolution.

This is on SD mode resolution. 1366x768
Topic Starter
Uruoki

ReddScorn wrote:

This is on SD mode resolution. 1366x768
I just got done with an update, so I will work on it next week. It will take some time because I can't just simply resize it.

Raniemi wrote:

TCLCNiche wrote:

I'll fix this next update.
yoyorre103

Syrus wrote:

Wow, this is very interesting, I never thought that a colour of a skin actually even mattered. Keep up the good work.
TheOmyNomy
This is a temp patch for anyone out there that uses Luminance: Planckian Locus and get's some errors.
(This is not the best fix but it will do for now)

Now there is currently a visual glitch in osu! when in skin selector.
Once you've installed the patch it will still show your health bar being in the wrong location.
But when your actually playing your health bar is in the right position.
Fixes for SD:
scorebar-bg
scorebar-colour
ranking-panel

Fixes for HD:
ranking-panel@2x

This link will be removed when Uruoki releases the proper fix.
Link: Removed, official patch here: Click Here

Just replace old files with new files and your set :)

This hopefully isn't the wrong thing to do and I don't get in trouble for helping :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

TheOmyNomy wrote:

This hopefully isn't the wrong thing to do and I don't get in trouble for helping :)
Nope. I just been busy and this week is a holiday, so I may or may not get to it this week.

Last two weeks have not been really good since personal stuff came up.
show more