forum

[11.30.14] Luminance

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Yamadash wrote:

TMy only complaint is the transparency on the hitcircles. I have a hard time streaming because of it. I was able to make the middle of the hitcircles solid, but it looks really bad if I mess with anything else (I'm not too skilled in photo manipulation)

For some reason I'm not able to add my own files to the skin. For example, my own hitsounds. When I do it still uses the default hitsounds.
There should be a full circle hitcircle in the extra folder. Not sure about the hitsounds. It should work.

Shavit-sama wrote:

I think you should add hit300-0(@2x).png, etc.. to remove the 300 hits from being displayed but still show on ranking panel.
Amazing skin anyways :)
Couldn't the user make copy the hit300 from the extra folder and use blank.png to do the same thing? Just wondering.

Thanks for the comments.
Nyaarlathotep
Oh. I probably should have tried those in the extra folder before asking. And I solved the problem I was having with the hitsounds. The solution was a bit unorthodox but it worked.

Now this is the perfect skin.
shavit

Uruoki wrote:

Shavit-sama wrote:

I think you should add hit300-0(@2x).png, etc.. to remove the 300 hits from being displayed but still show on ranking panel.
Amazing skin anyways :)
Couldn't the user make copy the hit300 from the extra folder and use blank.png to do the same thing? Just wondering.

Thanks for the comments.
I don't think everyone knows how to do it, I know though, but most people just use the .osk which is the most simple way to install the skin.
nooph
very interesting skin and concept. it's very nicely made.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
New update.
Prendeon
is there any chance that you implement circle trails or whatever you call them?
Pannari
Lovely.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Prendeon wrote:

Cursor trail or the sky writing that happens when you hold down "C"?
- Reru -
Nice looking skin, I look forward to using it, I really enjoy the colors by the way <3 :) Keep up the good work!
Prendeon

Uruoki wrote:

Prendeon wrote:

Cursor trail or the sky writing that happens when you hold down "C"?
No sorry, i mean the lines that show you where the next hit circle will be when they have a great distance for example.

edit: wow i didn't know theres an extras folder in the skin pack. Found the followpoints. Thanks anyway!
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Prendeon wrote:

No sorry, i mean the lines that show you where the next hit circle will be when they have a great distance for example.

edit: wow i didn't know theres an extras folder in the skin pack. Found the followpoints. Thanks anyway!
No problem. I'm going to make it more clear in the first post that there is an extra folder.
Sulfix-
Really nice skin, its easy to read and looks good.
Richard2q2
Awesome skin! I love skins that are simple looking and just have that awesome feel to it. This skin is my main now :D

edit: What Prendeon said about the followpoints, what do I do to put it into the skin? Sorry I'm still kinda new at this stuff :/

edit: NVM I GOT IT :D
tn5421
I like this.
kitsune9872

Richard2q2 wrote:

Awesome skin! I love skins that are simple looking and just have that awesome feel to it. This skin is my main now :D

edit: What Prendeon said about the followpoints, what do I do to put it into the skin? Sorry I'm still kinda new at this stuff :/

edit: NVM I GOT IT :D

Syrus wrote:

Wow, this is very interesting, I never thought that a colour of a skin actually even mattered. Keep up the good work.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
I am slowly working on redoing the colors. I have been playing with this skin for quite some time and noticed and some colors don't work as well as others. Here is a preview of what the new colors will look like. The colors may not match up that well in the pictures, but you get the idea. No clue on when the update will be though.

Top picture will be old colors, bottom will be new.
Example.
Old
New
Old
New

It is not a noticeable difference in the screenshots, but they are a lot easier on the eyes.

Edit: Updated OP with teaser for upcoming update with the new colors.
AGRX
I love you Uruoki <3. Really great skin. I think this is really great approach to skinning. There are many skins which hurt their users with those SHINNY and badly antialiased elements.
I'd like to ask you how do you colorize the hit-bursts to nice and eyefriendly greyed out color? How can i do it ? Wanna make my own hit-burst but dont how to do it in PSD.

I have suggestion for a good line-style follow-point. You can include it into your skin or at least make it as DLC (downloadable content)
Reason why this follow-point is that its minimalistic and barely visible which make u focus more on circles and reduce the glow.

edit: One detail on it, when playing hidden with this follow-point. The ends are kinda distracting because of the angularity maybe remake it and make the ending and start of the line fade into transparent ?

ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THIS TOO :D
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

I'd like to ask you how do you colorize the hit-bursts to nice and eyefriendly greyed out color? How can i do it ? Wanna make my own hit-burst but dont how to do it in PSD.
For just the colors, you can add a Black and White Gradient Map in Photoshop.

Agrrox wrote:

I have suggestion for a good line-style follow-point. You can include it into your skin or at least make it as DLC (downloadable content)
Reason why this follow-point is that its minimalistic and barely visible which make u focus more on circles and reduce the glow.

edit: One detail on it, when playing hidden with this follow-point. The ends are kinda distracting because of the angularity maybe remake it and make the ending and start of the line fade into transparent ?

ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THIS TOO :D
Are you suggesting a more rounded follow-point?
AGRX
i suggest this kind of followpoint but with rework, Making the end points with transparent transition. I mean when u play with this u will notice how sharp and distracting is end of followpoint
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

i suggest this kind of followpoint but with rework, Making the end points with transparent transition. I mean when u play with this u will notice how sharp and distracting is end of followpoint
So if I understand you, something like this?

Edit: Planckian Locus update has now been released. Please enjoy and leave any feedback and I will work on them as soon as possible.
Ayesha Altugle
FUCK YES!
[Exiled Wolf]
s
Kanobaka

Syrus wrote:

Wow, this is very interesting, I never thought that a colour of a skin actually even mattered. Keep up the good work.
>:(
FrzR
*^*)b
WingZero
You were not kidding when you said this skin was easier on the eyes. I noticed a distinct difference from switching from Luminance classic to the newer Planckian. Great update and great skin. Keep it up.
DeletedUser_3905941
Wow, the colors at first were incredibly weird, but now I've got used to them. This skin makes my monitor feel as fluid as the CRT monitors at work lol, great job.
Ayesha Altugle
The color of the hitcircle-overlay seems unfitting for this theme especially with the sliderborder

change it to it's appropriate color
Topic Starter
Uruoki

vahn10 wrote:

The color of the hitcircle-overlay seems unfitting for this theme especially with the sliderborder

change it to it's appropriate color
I noticed that I forgot to change hitcircle-overlay, but I changed hitcircle-overlay@2x. Is the circle white or orange? The 2x is orange and should be fitting. I should have an update tomorrow to fix some of the stuff I messed up.

Should be fixed now, let me know if the color still seems off.

Edit: Update out.
Mixae_old
The original skin helped my eyes out a lot. I just DLd the newer one and I love them. :3 Thank you for keeping my headaches away~ Very interesting learning in the OP as well

But I like the KA KA when you mess up though :C on the old one
AGRX

Uruoki wrote:

Agrrox wrote:

So if I understand you, something like this?

Edit: Planckian Locus update has now been released. Please enjoy and leave any feedback and I will work on them as soon as possible.
something like that i have my own already

also i want to say that latest update made the hitcircle and numbers harder to read because they are far less contrast to background, also i use 100%dim (if you convert them to greyscale), i think my eyes focus more to see hitcircles and approachcircles which is imo kinda tire my eyes
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

also i want to say that latest update made the hitcircle harder to read because they are far less contrast to background, also i use 100%dim (if you convert them to greyscale), i think my eyes focus more to see hitcircles and approachcircles which is imo kinda tire my eyes
Try changing the skin.ini to these colors. They should be a lot more closer to the original.

Combo1: 194,112,107
Combo2: 129,124,89,
Combo3: 220,178,139
Combo4: 149,156,144

It will look a bit weird, because the other elements are skinned for the other colors, but see if those colors help the hitcircle/approachcircle.
AGRX
problem is that planckian is designed for night and not day, during a day i have problem with sightreading.
For a day there is Luminance standard right?
AGRX
also there is a big flashing elements which i think is not necesary because...
1. it useless element
2. it take some place on screen u cant see well the background
3. its flashing

hope at next update you will put there a 1x1 transparent :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

problem is that planckian is designed for night and not day, during a day i have problem with sightreading.
For a day there is Luminance standard right?
Both skins were designed to be used in low light settings.
In the future I plan make a daytime skin that is designed around grabbing your attention.

Agrrox wrote:

also there is a big flashing elements which i think is not necesary because...
1. it useless element
2. it take some place on screen u cant see well the background
3. its flashing

hope at next update you will put there a 1x1 transparent :)
It was planned, just haven't got around to it. If you want to change it before I update it, you can change them using the blank.png in the extra folder.
AGRX
daytime version would be great !
edit: 14th page of this thread, yikes!
Vaidas

Agrrox wrote:

I agree with this ^^ if theres gonna be daytime version its gonna be best skin ever :D
Topic Starter
Uruoki

vaidax5 wrote:

Agrrox wrote:

I agree with this ^^ if theres gonna be daytime version its gonna be best skin ever :D
There will be. I just wanted to get the night time skin correctly done. I felt the original skin was lacking in that aspect and decided to revisit it with Planckian Locus. After this major update is finished, I should start working on the daytime version. I been wanting to do it for quite some time, just never mention it because I didn't want people to know about it and then have to wait. Once everything is done, there will be Luminance: Planckian Locus and the other one, which I will not revel the name yet. Those two will be the major aspect to Luminance and I will continue to update those regularly when new OSU features get added.
Vaidas

Uruoki wrote:

There will be. I just wanted to get the night time skin correctly done. I felt the original skin was lacking in that aspect and decided to revisit it with Planckian Locus. After this major update is finished, I should start working on the daytime version. I been wanting to do it for quite some time, just never mention it because I didn't want people to know about it and then have to wait. Once everything is done, there will be Luminance: Planckian Locus and the other one, which I will not revel the name yet. Those two will be the major aspect to Luminance and I will continue to update those regularly when new OSU features get added.
Yay :D It's cool we can wait and its really great to have this skin being updated from time to time :)
Love them Redon's Aesthetic Sounds from extra folder :D
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Update is out.

vaidax5 wrote:

Love them Redon's Aesthetic Sounds from extra folder :D
Redon did a really good job on the skin, and I know a lot of people that mixed both of our skins together so I figure I would make it easier for those people. I personally think it is the best looking skin made so far. Redon made the skin really well.
katsek
yo dude ! oldschool player of ctb here and I would like to say - fruit falling or more likely circles are so cool I like it and its a lot readable with it and colors etc. I like it but the catcher .. xD maybe its me but I'm kinda uncomfortable by its look :D maybe if it had like ... legs and body :D but it's all so good :) keep it up ! :3
show more