[11.30.14] Luminance

posted
Total Posts
show more
DepthNemexis

Uruoki wrote:

DepthNemexis wrote:

I meant 300, 100, 50 etc :)

Oh. I'll add brighter ones in the next update. Are you using with a black background?

Shikeu wrote:

I think everything is fine. except

Not sure if my eyes are bad or not, but I can't see the approach circles at all xD
Same as above. Will include brighter one, are you using a black background?

Frazee wrote:

I still can't seem to figure out why I'm getting low framerate on spinners. It goes from ~225 FPS to ~60 whenever there's a spinner. I think it has to do with the way the center of the spinner follows the cursor, but I don't know how to disable that. I tried old versions of your skin, and spinners were never a problem until after the 12.7.13 update (12.7.13 update worked fine with spinners).
Can you test another skin that uses the new skin behaviour?

EDIT: Open up skin.ini and remove the line that says "Version: 2". See if that helps.
I'm using a 100% black bg
Btw I can't modify the spinner circle. I change it but it doesn't swap :cry:
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Going to guess you are using the wrong file. There is two spinner circles. One is for the old skin behavior. It will be removed in the next update (next week, busy right now). The files you want to edit should be, "spinner-middle" and "spinner-middle2".
omop
i have a problem with ur skin idk if its just me or what but first of all the fps drop in spins which people already mentioned but the main problem is when i do spins, the point system is wrong or something. i have a consistent 340-360 spin and i tested it. on one song with the skin i only got 1k points and when i switched to default skin, i would get around 3-4k. could you maybe look into this?
Kexan
Awesome skin! c:
Topic Starter
Uruoki

omop wrote:

i have a problem with ur skin idk if its just me or what but first of all the fps drop in spins which people already mentioned but the main problem is when i do spins, the point system is wrong or something. i have a consistent 340-360 spin and i tested it. on one song with the skin i only got 1k points and when i switched to default skin, i would get around 3-4k. could you maybe look into this?
As for the fps drop issue. I still have not figure it out. I worked with someone and we did a lot of stuff, but still workingn it. It is hard for me to test since I get 800+ fps no matter what.

For the 300 spinner points, I think I noticed that, but I will look into it more when I get home.
Lolzy
really nice skin
about the fps drop i get rock solid 2k fps always maybe something is wrong with your pc
Topic Starter
Uruoki
I tested the spin, and both problems are non exist to me. I really wish it wasn't the case so I can help.

As for the spinner not going over 350, and you getting 3k-4k, I doubt that. OSU doesn't go above 477.
As for the FPS drop...still working on it.

Lolzyy wrote:

really nice skin
about the fps drop i get rock solid 2k fps always maybe something is wrong with your pc
Thanks.
omop
ik osu doesnt go above 477 but i am legitimately losing points. i can even record and show you about the point change. it is very obvious. but when i put on auto spin, it spins at 280 something and still gets more points than me. i doubt that i spin slower than 280. the counter like i said is 320-380
shavit
Definetly the best skin I ever used.
By the way, I have no idea what spinner problem those people are talking about, I get even better spins than I did with the old skin.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

omop wrote:

ik osu doesnt go above 477 but i am legitimately losing points. i can even record and show you about the point change. it is very obvious. but when i put on auto spin, it spins at 280 something and still gets more points than me. i doubt that i spin slower than 280. the counter like i said is 320-380
Not sure. If you don't mind, make a video showing the default skin and my skin.
Sentient_DELETED
awesome skin :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki
I just noticed. I think I left "CLICK CLICK BANG BANG" soundset in the main folder. If you want the default sounds, they are in the extra folder. Sorry about that. It will be changed back in the next update.
Jesse
I have been playing for four months. You made a skin that caught my eye, this and another skin a friend made me are the only ones I like. Thank you for this skin.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Could anyone tell me what some popular holidays are? I can do the American holidays. Making holiday icons for menu-snow. So far I have two dutch holidays. Dodenherdenking and Doningsdag. Also, please don't mention holidays that may share the same symbol. Like Valentine's day in America and White Day in Japan. They can both use a heart.

Thank you in advance.

Clockar wrote:

I have been playing for four months. You made a skin that caught my eye, this and another skin a friend made me are the only ones I like. Thank you for this skin.
Not a problem.
PyaKura
Great job ! I'm using a skin (mainly for osu!mania as I don't play any other modes) which is the exact opposite of this one, and mine hurts like a truck when lights are switched off.

Might try this one out someday if I'm not too lazy to play some osu!standard.

By the way, that science part in the OP was interesting. :)
Keep up the good work !
Topic Starter
Uruoki

PyaKura wrote:

Great job ! I'm using a skin (mainly for osu!mania as I don't play any other modes) which is the exact opposite of this one, and mine hurts like a truck when lights are switched off.

Might try this one out someday if I'm not too lazy to play some osu!standard.

By the way, that science part in the OP was interesting. :)
Keep up the good work !
Yea it's not ready yet for Mania. That is the only thing left to skin. Hopefully the next update or two will get Mania done.
Neroh
I'm glad I decided to look at some more skins, the colours in this are perfect. Looking forward to more updates on this! ^^

EDIT: The only thing I'm not liking is the spinner, but I understand this is a wip so I hope this helps!
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Neroh wrote:

I'm glad I decided to look at some more skins, the colours in this are perfect. Looking forward to more updates on this! ^^

EDIT: The only thing I'm not liking is the spinner, but I understand this is a wip so I hope this helps!
It is almost done actually. Just need to finish Taiko and Mania. I suppose I can make an alternative and more noticeable spinner. What did you not like about it?
-Ryosuke
You're a genius
Topic Starter
Uruoki

-Kamui- wrote:

You're a genius
Thanks, you too.
Neroh

Uruoki wrote:

It is almost done actually. Just need to finish Taiko and Mania. I suppose I can make an alternative and more noticeable spinner. What did you not like about it?
I found it difficult to tell the sense of speed when using it, maybe cause I'm used to a bar filling, but I don't think that many people use a bar. It's not important or anything but I just found it off putting idk ^^
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Neroh wrote:

Uruoki wrote:

I found it difficult to tell the sense of speed when using it, maybe cause I'm used to a bar filling, but I don't think that many people use a bar. It's not important or anything but I just found it off putting idk ^^
The bars/meter on the side? Pretty sure that is disable with the new skin behavior. I could unforce that and add a meter. I rather not though since the new skin seems to handle scoreboard better and has more skin elements to work/customize. Hope you get use to it though, you can always check your speed with the box at the bottom.
EineKrone
Interesting, think i will use it. At least the circles(I play osu with a frankstein skin) '-'
Also, nice article, gives some ideas for messing with things around here, less stress on the eyes is a good thing.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
New skin download is out. Everything should be fully skinned. (Unless I miss a few things).

Just 3 major updates before I release a final version. Menu/ui redesign (if it works how I want it to), design some new sounds, and optimize the skin. There is a few elements not in HD. This will also be part of the menu/ui redesign.

These updates will come when they are done. Mainly depend on when I feel like doing them.

Unless something breaks, or I miss an important element, then no other updates will come out anytime soon. I feel like I missed some mania elements. Since I am not a mania player, I don't know what I may have missed.

May do the supporter elements if I can get my hands on it or have someone test them for me. Not sure.
PyaKura
Great news !
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Forgot to skin Taiko-hits. Will get those done tomorrow hopefully.
BlanksonnG
This is a great skin and a good read as well! Keep up the hard work!
deadbeat

Uruoki wrote:

Forgot to skin Taiko-hits. Will get those done tomorrow hopefully.
gimmie a poke when you're ready and I'll check this fully
Topic Starter
Uruoki
New update for Taiko hits.

Edit: Not sure how I missed it, but "cursor_circle1" in the extra folder is using the wrong cursor. Not important enough for another update. So it will be included in one of the big ones.

Edit 2: Taiko hits are kind of hard to play with. I have added newer version on the OP. It is just the hits themselves, so extract them into the Luminance folder.
thelewa
this is definitely the most complete and best skin for playing the game that's actually on these forums

also what does this mean in the extras folder "If you are going to use the followpoint, don't forget to delete followpoint.png in the main folder." I'm confus since removing the followpoint.png and @2x files does nothing at all
Topic Starter
Uruoki

thelewa wrote:

this is definitely the most complete and best skin for playing the game that's actually on these forums

also what does this mean in the extras folder "If you are going to use the followpoint, don't forget to delete followpoint.png in the main folder." I'm confus since removing the followpoint.png and @2x files does nothing at all
Copy the these files into the main folder.

Delete these files from the main folder.

Since the follow point in the extra folder is animated and the one in the main folder is not, it will not ask you to replace the followpoint files.
thelewa
oh yeah I must've done that already when I first downloaded the skin
Natsu
I start using this today and is awesome GJ ♥
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Added another optional download for spinners. Only needed if you play hidden mod. This should make spinners a bit easier with hidden mod. Will be included in the future.
Time-
Wow this is a really nice skin :). I love the circle in Taiko hha xD

And the size of fade in and random mod in mania is different from the other mods
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1274958
Topic Starter
Uruoki

-Ada wrote:

And the size of fade in and random mod in mania is different from the other mods
I am unable to produce this. Make sure you are using the newest version. Not sure why it is doing that.
Haskorion

Uruoki wrote:

-Ada wrote:

I am unable to produce this. Make sure you are using the newest version. Not sure why it is doing that.
he doesn't use a higher resolution i think, that's why.
the normal ones are smaller than the HD ones.
Random, Nightcore, Perfect and Fade-In mod icons are 50x47 instead of 69x65.
Clearlov
thx~
Topic Starter
Uruoki

ReddScorn wrote:

he doesn't use a higher resolution i think, that's why.
the normal ones are smaller than the HD ones.
Random, Nightcore, Perfect and Fade-In mod icons are 50x47 instead of 69x65.
I see now. Fixed those with the newest update.
SD CARD
Awesome skin~
show more