forum

[11.30.14] Luminance

posted
Total Posts
show more
WingZero
Looks great! Its the only skin that I was able adapt quickly enough to use keep. Keep on updating. :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Deni_Louise wrote:

I love this skin so bad!!!!! <3

THANKS A LOT FOR MAKING THIS

WingZero wrote:

Looks great! Its the only skin that I was able adapt quickly enough to use keep. Keep on updating. :)
Thanks to the both of you. I am getting to the point where I am pretty happy with the main Osu! skin. There is a few more things to change and it should be pretty set. Once those are released, I will start working on other game modes.
WingZero
Anyone having the same problem as me. The "Mode" and "Mods" buttons are not matching the theme. Ive tried downloading more than once still same problem. Heres a screenshot

Topic Starter
Uruoki

WingZero wrote:

Anyone having the same problem as me. The "Mode" and "Mods" buttons are not matching the theme. Ive tried downloading more than once still same problem. Heres a screenshot

They have not been skinned yet, so that is how they are suppose to look for now. In the next update it should be skinned.
Muf mi Taemin
Best skin I've ever seen! Good luck in updating! :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Thanks.

If anyone hasn't noticed yet, I added "pending update" to the original post. This is so people know what to expect in the next coming updates. It is also a way for me to keep track of what I done over the week.

Edit: Update tomorrow. Expect it around 6pm (18:00) eastern standard time. Going to install a new operating system on my computer. I want this update out so people can enjoy the snow effect as soon as possible.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
New update out. Future updates are on halt till after the holidays.

Tips for snow: If you move your mouse, the snow spins in that direction. The further you move it, the faster it spins. Pretty neat.
Avail_old_1
You forgot "Changed score bar" in the newest changelog.
Also, nice snow.
ReesesPuffs
Awesome skin thank you! I think the menu snow is a bit obnoxiously big though.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Avail wrote:

You forgot "Changed score bar" in the newest changelog.
Also, nice snow.
Added.

Reesespuffs wrote:

Awesome skin thank you! I think the menu snow is a bit obnoxiously big though.
I didn't take the other resolutions that people may play at into consideration. It looks fine on my end. If you want, you can replace it with "blank.png" in the extra folder. That will remove it completely.
Miik4chu
Nice skin, I don't mind if there's more Shinobu though :)
I don't know where you got the countdown voice, but I do love it and the "kaka" laugh.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Miik4chu wrote:

Nice skin, I don't mind if there's more Shinobu though :)
I don't know where you got the countdown voice, but I do love it and the "kaka" laugh.

Countdown is from -Kamui-. The "kaka" laugh is from Nisemonogatari episode 4. I just recorded it with Audacity, and then did some vocal edits on it to clean out the cut a bit.
Soinou
Exactly what i was looking for, thank you so much :3
Keysama
EPIC! thank you very much <:
DepthNemexis
I really like this skin, everything is good.
I can't really see the hitpoints doe, too dark :(
Topic Starter
Uruoki

DepthNemexis wrote:

I actually had someone send in a complaint about this yesterday. My monitor may be a bit brighter than others, so I am going to include a brighter hitcircle in the next update.
Avail_old_1
When can we expect another update?
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Out now.
Frazee_old
I get a huge fps drop during spinners, because the center dot moves when I spin. Is there a way to disable that so I can get better fps when I'm spinning?
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Tha doesn't make sense since the old one also spins. Once I get home I will upload the old one and see if that works. Unless you want to try that. Just take a skin pack before the HD release. I thin it will have to be renamed though.

Another thing you can test, is to use another skin that uses the new skin behavior and see if that also causes fps drop.
DepthNemexis

Uruoki wrote:

DepthNemexis wrote:

I actually had someone send in a complaint about this yesterday. My monitor may be a bit brighter than others, so I am going to include a brighter hitcircle in the next update.
I meant 300, 100, 50 etc :)
Shikeu
I think everything is fine. except

Not sure if my eyes are bad or not, but I can't see the approach circles at all xD
Frazee_old
I still can't seem to figure out why I'm getting low framerate on spinners. It goes from ~225 FPS to ~60 whenever there's a spinner. I think it has to do with the way the center of the spinner follows the cursor, but I don't know how to disable that. I tried old versions of your skin, and spinners were never a problem until after the 12.7.13 update (12.7.13 update worked fine with spinners).
Topic Starter
Uruoki

DepthNemexis wrote:

Oh. I'll add brighter ones in the next update. Are you using with a black background?

Shikeu wrote:

Not sure if my eyes are bad or not, but I can't see the approach circles at all xD
Same as above. Will include brighter one, are you using a black background?

Frazee wrote:

I still can't seem to figure out why I'm getting low framerate on spinners. It goes from ~225 FPS to ~60 whenever there's a spinner. I think it has to do with the way the center of the spinner follows the cursor, but I don't know how to disable that. I tried old versions of your skin, and spinners were never a problem until after the 12.7.13 update (12.7.13 update worked fine with spinners).
Can you test another skin that uses the new skin behaviour?

EDIT: Open up skin.ini and remove the line that says "Version: 2". See if that helps.
Shikeu

Uruoki wrote:

I tried 80% dim and black background, but didn't have much of a difference.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Shikeu wrote:

Uruoki wrote:

I tried 80% dim and black background, but didn't have much of a difference.

Try these.

approachcircle@2x
approachcircle
Shikeu
A lot better now xD
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Shikeu wrote:

A lot better now xD
Let me know if it is too bright or not.
DepthNemexis

Uruoki wrote:

DepthNemexis wrote:

Oh. I'll add brighter ones in the next update. Are you using with a black background?

Shikeu wrote:

Frazee wrote:

Can you test another skin that uses the new skin behaviour?

EDIT: Open up skin.ini and remove the line that says "Version: 2". See if that helps.
I'm using a 100% black bg
Btw I can't modify the spinner circle. I change it but it doesn't swap :cry:
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Going to guess you are using the wrong file. There is two spinner circles. One is for the old skin behavior. It will be removed in the next update (next week, busy right now). The files you want to edit should be, "spinner-middle" and "spinner-middle2".
omop
i have a problem with ur skin idk if its just me or what but first of all the fps drop in spins which people already mentioned but the main problem is when i do spins, the point system is wrong or something. i have a consistent 340-360 spin and i tested it. on one song with the skin i only got 1k points and when i switched to default skin, i would get around 3-4k. could you maybe look into this?
Kexan
Awesome skin! c:
Topic Starter
Uruoki

omop wrote:

i have a problem with ur skin idk if its just me or what but first of all the fps drop in spins which people already mentioned but the main problem is when i do spins, the point system is wrong or something. i have a consistent 340-360 spin and i tested it. on one song with the skin i only got 1k points and when i switched to default skin, i would get around 3-4k. could you maybe look into this?
As for the fps drop issue. I still have not figure it out. I worked with someone and we did a lot of stuff, but still workingn it. It is hard for me to test since I get 800+ fps no matter what.

For the 300 spinner points, I think I noticed that, but I will look into it more when I get home.
Lolzy
really nice skin
about the fps drop i get rock solid 2k fps always maybe something is wrong with your pc
Topic Starter
Uruoki
I tested the spin, and both problems are non exist to me. I really wish it wasn't the case so I can help.

As for the spinner not going over 350, and you getting 3k-4k, I doubt that. OSU doesn't go above 477.
As for the FPS drop...still working on it.

Lolzyy wrote:

really nice skin
about the fps drop i get rock solid 2k fps always maybe something is wrong with your pc
Thanks.
omop
ik osu doesnt go above 477 but i am legitimately losing points. i can even record and show you about the point change. it is very obvious. but when i put on auto spin, it spins at 280 something and still gets more points than me. i doubt that i spin slower than 280. the counter like i said is 320-380
shavit
Definetly the best skin I ever used.
By the way, I have no idea what spinner problem those people are talking about, I get even better spins than I did with the old skin.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

omop wrote:

ik osu doesnt go above 477 but i am legitimately losing points. i can even record and show you about the point change. it is very obvious. but when i put on auto spin, it spins at 280 something and still gets more points than me. i doubt that i spin slower than 280. the counter like i said is 320-380
Not sure. If you don't mind, make a video showing the default skin and my skin.
Sentient_DELETED
awesome skin :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki
I just noticed. I think I left "CLICK CLICK BANG BANG" soundset in the main folder. If you want the default sounds, they are in the extra folder. Sorry about that. It will be changed back in the next update.
show more