forum

[11.30.14] Luminance

posted
Total Posts
show more
lovelace
Now thinking about it, I think I understand what you mean. The colour red, along with other lower frequency EMR have a big wavelength. Respectively they also have a low frequency. Frequency can be defined (as you have mentioned) as the number of cycles per second, and it is measured in hertz. However, having a low frequency doesn't mean that the wave is travelling any slower than, for example gamma ray. The cycle is the region from one peak to another. Also , wavelength is measured in meters.

As for the cell related stuff, I honestly don't know much about it. I'll need to do my homework on it ;D
FrzR
Yeah Science bitch!

<3 this skin. xD
Topic Starter
Uruoki

TheBetterRed wrote:

Now thinking about it, I think I understand what you mean. The colour red, along with other lower frequency EMR have a big wavelength. Respectively they also have a low frequency. Frequency can be defined (as you have mentioned) as the number of cycles per second, and it is measured in hertz. However, having a low frequency doesn't mean that the wave is travelling any slower than, for example gamma ray. The cycle is the region from one peak to another. Also , wavelength is measured in meters.

As for the cell related stuff, I honestly don't know much about it. I'll need to do my homework on it ;D
Right. You seem to be understanding it like I am. The lower frequency just run at a lower cycle and uses less energy. The speed of processing may be the same as high frequency though.

Fr33z3R wrote:

Yeah Science bitch!

<3 this skin. xD
Glad you like it. If you have any comments or concerns about the skin, please let me know.

Edit: New version released. Nothing huge.
[AngelLinker ]
All red!~
Setsuen
I seriously <3 this skin. Made HD mod much easier for me at least :)
I have been trying out some skin and this one suit me the best (Before this I was using Kamui's skin lol)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

[AngelLinker ] wrote:

All red!~
I'll work on making the colors more varied. Unless you meant that in a positive fashion.

Setsuen wrote:

I seriously <3 this skin. Made HD mod much easier for me at least :)
I have been trying out some skin and this one suit me the best (Before this I was using Kamui's skin lol)
Glad you like it. It is going to be heavy modded off of Kamui's, so you should be able to transition rather easy.

Edit: I added some reading materials to the main post if anyone was interested about this topic and wanted to look more into it for themselves.
Frazee_old
I love you. The style of this skin is so unique and futuristic, and not to mention easy on the eyes. The sharingan can get my eyes tired quite quickly (profile pic joke lol), but this skin works wonders especially for my late night sessions. Thanks again, and keep up the good work :)
Gero
I Just have to say I love totally the skin

Good Job!
iamdarren
could u make a zip file instead of an osk.file? does not work for me :(
Topic Starter
Uruoki

iamdarren wrote:

could u make a zip file instead of an osk.file? does not work for me :(
Not a problem.

DL: http://puu.sh/5xS2E.zip
lovelace

[AngelLinker ] wrote:

All red!~
I like the way you think.

We should be friends.

For ever, and ever~
NXPHRITE
this is such a niceskin!! though i have to ask, why is there no indication that you have got a 300 or a 300!?
Topic Starter
Uruoki

-Tyltalis wrote:

this is such a niceskin!! though i have to ask, why is there no indication that you have got a 300 or a 300!?
If you hit 50, 100, or miss, then you should know if you got a 300. However I should add that since it is a public released skin. Thanks for the notice.
Frazee_old
For some reason the spinner doesn't show up when I play. I keep seeing the default spinner.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Frazee wrote:

For some reason the spinner doesn't show up when I play. I keep seeing the default spinner.
I believe I messed up the osk file. I am going to release a new version in a bit to change some of the menus to English. So give me just a few minutes, and if the new one doesn't work let me know. We'll figure something out.

Edit: 11.30.13 update is out.
Frazee_old

Uruoki wrote:

Frazee wrote:

I believe I messed up the osk file. I am going to release a new version in a bit to change some of the menus to English. So give me just a few minutes, and if the new one doesn't work let me know. We'll figure something out.

Edit: 11.30.13 update is out.
I tried using the new version and I'm still seeing the old default spinner.

Fixed it. All I had to do was disable "prefer new default skin behaviour."
Chase96
Lovin this skin!
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Updated to save size and reduce elements that were too intense.

Frazee_old

Uruoki wrote:

The new DL link isn't working.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Frazee wrote:

Uruoki wrote:

The new DL link isn't working.
Weird, it was. Give me a few minutes to reupload it.

Should be working now. Thanks for the notice.
Fadhilkwan
Uhhh.... I'm sorry. But it looks like the link for the new version still doesn't work (for both osk and zip file)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Fadhilkwan wrote:

Uhhh.... I'm sorry. But it looks like the link for the new version still doesn't work (for both osk and zip file)
Not sure what is going on. I won't be home till another 4 hours. Once I get home I will reupload to another site. Sorry for the trouble.
Lolzy
Cool concept! I'm going to try it asap
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Links should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Time-
wow, creating skin using sciense *_*

I just realize usiing all-white skin take more energy D: Thanks for the info :)
mekadon_old
Uploaded few videos, also change your previews since that's the old version of it. Overall, I really enjoyed the colour scheme and everything of it.
The spinners are nice, but however it's not that "hidden mode" friendly, at least for me (I'm not sure how to put this in words though)

Videos, going to record few more after I finish my work, since this one is pretty choppy

Overall good job 9/10 if it weren't for the mode select not being skinned and other game modes like Taiko. Some Shinobu is fine too
Topic Starter
Uruoki
To be honest, I didn't even think about making then mod friendly. I'll look into that when I get home tonight. Will also update screenshots. Thanks for taking the time to do the video.
valar
that is a very nice skin Uruoki
Topic Starter
Uruoki

mekadon wrote:

The spinners are nice, but however it's not that "hidden mode" friendly, at least for me (I'm not sure how to put this in words though)

Could you try to explain this part? I am not seeing the issue. Is the problem not being able to see the meter to show are close you are to clearing the spinner? If it is, then try the other meter in the extra folder. That should be a temporary fix until I can think of a design for the meter.

-valar- wrote:

that is a very nice skin Uruoki
Thanks.
Simon
awesome skin, but my eyes hurts after 2-3hours playing with it :c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6WpXq3_fvk
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Simon wrote:

awesome skin, but my eyes hurts after 2-3hours playing with it :c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6WpXq3_fvk
Any suggestions on how to reduce that? You really shouldn't be playing for that long without a break, but I know people still do.

Edit: New update added.
Avail_old_1
Bumping this amazing skin.
Playing with it is amazing, good work.
Frazee_old
Thanks for the new update. It seems to be getting better with each release!
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Today's update is out. All further updates on are halt until I change all current skinned elements to HD. This shouldn't take more than a week depending on how busy I will be. No more than two weeks at tops.

Edit: Preview of HD. Since I am redesigning most of these instead of using Kamui's elements, they are much sharper and more crisp. About 50% done. Just need to do the fonts now and a few misc. elements.

This works with the new skin style also.

Villani
Nice skin. :P
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Deni_Louise
I love this skin so bad!!!!! <3

THANKS A LOT FOR MAKING THIS
WingZero
Looks great! Its the only skin that I was able adapt quickly enough to use keep. Keep on updating. :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Deni_Louise wrote:

I love this skin so bad!!!!! <3

THANKS A LOT FOR MAKING THIS

WingZero wrote:

Looks great! Its the only skin that I was able adapt quickly enough to use keep. Keep on updating. :)
Thanks to the both of you. I am getting to the point where I am pretty happy with the main Osu! skin. There is a few more things to change and it should be pretty set. Once those are released, I will start working on other game modes.
WingZero
Anyone having the same problem as me. The "Mode" and "Mods" buttons are not matching the theme. Ive tried downloading more than once still same problem. Heres a screenshot

show more