forum

FF:Dissidia :3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SkyE-
OH YEAH!! FFD just came to NZ, and I've already begun rocking it up!!!

Anyone want to exchange Friend cards or anything? I wonder how we can do it...
I really want to fight more people! So far, I've been pwning my friends at it, but they're not hardcore gamers like some people can be! I need to find someone to totally screw over! Come on!!
James
boring game unless you play with 100 different people
Mogsy

James wrote:

boring game unless you play with 100 different people
this

I only played for a bit so I could kick Cloud's ass with Zidane; mission accomplished, returned it.
Pokebis
I recently got a PSP and was actually a bit excited to try it. I made the old mistake of having high expectations for a game for the first time in like two years. This game was a huge let down. It's a terrible, terrible game.
SPOILER
GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! MALEVOLENT WIND! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! SORROWFUL WATERS! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! SORROWFUL WATERS! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! GET AWAY! SORROWFUL WATERS! U-BOAAAAAAA!
Senbon
I watched the videos and it looked so annoying... I don't wanna hear "GO TO SLEEP!" a billion times...

But the interface whatever was cool, I guess. Nostalgic or something.

inb4 play before complain
Topic Starter
SkyE-
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pokebis

SkyE- wrote:

Lol@Pokebis ^-^ The only reason people won't like this game is because they suck at it xD

Did you even play until you had a Lvl 100 character? Did you even use every character yet? Have you finished someone's story 100%? Did you even understand the mechanics behind the Battlegen system?

Until you actually PLAY a game, there's no point in saying that it's bad. xD
GG@U.
I don't want to dedicate time to have to unlock fucking movesets. I've played it and found it was nothing more than SPAM SPAM SPAM ONE LUCKY HIT win. It's boring and not worth my time. This game is terrible and is nothing more than fanservice. Square should stick to RPGs.
Ivalset
[quote="Ivalset, August 26th, 2009, 6:43 am CST":1016b]

SkyE- wrote:

By the way, FF:Dissidia... OMG!! It's so good xD Get it =) I'll challenge you to it :3
It really isn't. You haven't played it long enough to figure out that it is actually pretty bad. I'll come back in two weeks and ask you again.I guess this is a better thread to keep track of this. Less than 10 days left. Though you seem to be a serious fanboy, so maybe it'd be better to keep track of how long you remain deluded.

Dissidia is a bad RPG and can't be called a fighting game. Pure fanservice. It's a great timewaster, though.

Also, it takes absolutely zero effort to get a character to level 100 or to finish anyone's story 100% or to understand the fairly simple battlegen system. Set calendar to bonus day, buy all the calendar bonuses, buy cpu level +100, head to quick battle, fight level 100 Exdeath, land HP attacks, get experience. Once you've done that, faceroll through story mode.
Topic Starter
SkyE-
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mogsy

SkyE- wrote:

Lol@Pokebis ^-^ The only reason people won't like this game is because they suck at it xD
Or maybe they just don't like the game's mechanics in general? What you said is probably one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard. People have the right to not like a game. You're saying we don't like a certain aspect of the game because 'we suck at it'? Maybe it's just not our cup of tea. We actually played the game and have a right to not like it.
Ivalset
You gain experience on dealing health damage. You don't need to win.
Zekira
Actually, I find it fun except for the fact that ITEMS ARE SHIT TO FARM. IT'S TAKING ME MORE THAN 3 DAYS TO GET FIRION'S WILD ROSE EQUIP AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE HERO'S SHIELD YET EITHER. DOING BATTLEGEN FOR ORBS IS SHIT THING AND THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE I CAN FIND IS 9% GENERATION >_>

Not to mention that I intend to max out Squall's equips too (which then would take me another myriad of days of playing >_>). Also, I won't stop until I can beat Level 120 Chaos for shizz...

Having fun using Firion though, Fire + Shield Bash = <3 . But seriously, I think the CPU has some hidden boosts of their own since even when I copied their equips and accs., they still had a larger damage output than me (and that's at even level + Maximum Behavior). I guess what I do lack is the abuse of critical-boosting abilities since those things annoy me to death (only using Riposte atm)

@first post: is there actually a possible way to exchange FCs on this thing? :\
Topic Starter
SkyE-
Sadly, unless you go on AdHoc Party, you can't. Not with people you can't LAN with (10 metres <.<)

I've been getting people into the game, which is pretty cool. Got a little team of FFD players amongst my friends, but we're nothing special. Hopefully the game will spread, and we'll have a huge community of players around the world. I'd love to beat people down~

By the way, you can't possibly copy them perfectly. The abilities are the only things you can't see, and those are the things that can change the battle. Be aware that they probably have some Weapon Specific Support Abilites to boost their damage on you.

The best tip I can give any player: "Learn to time blocks." If you block at the right time, you can unleash fury upon your opponent. Even Lvl 120 Chaos can't take you xD I've been trying to get the Adamant set from Fusoya's Friend Card which you need a Password for. I haven't even gotten one piece. But I've only been trying for a few hours xD I want that gear so bad... But Zidane probably can't wear it xD

Good luck~
Zekira
Uh, let me add to that.

-Only one of Chaos' attacks are perfectly blockable (the others make you stagger :\, even with Jecht's special block). There's actually an undodgable one (shit)
-Oh come on, it's a bit obvious that the major differnece in terms of damage is the crit rate boosting (which I'm already putting in already), and I finally got max equips on my Firion and am owning stuff right now so I really think it was just my equips (I never knew how large 11 Def and Atk could be)
-Is there actually a password for Fusoya on the NA version? :| In any cases I can farm stuff from Colosseum anyway (as I said earlier, I maxed out my Firion and thus meaning I got my Wild Rose) and I'm just using the lobby for the colored gems.
-I know how to block, thanks (hai Shield Bash)

Another question -- can someone list the locations of ALL the summons >_> I don't want to scurry around story mode having to find all of them when all I really want is Carbuncle.
Topic Starter
SkyE-
Passwords can be found on GameFAQs under Dissidia's Codes.
I'm pretty sure, if you look in the FAQs that's (JIP) you'll find out where Carbuncle is.

So far, I've improved my personal skill level quite a bit since fighting all the Friend Cards. They are all ranked SSS and Lvl 100. Very tough stuff, in my opinion. I got my Ultima Weapon, though, and I've gotta get Zidane's Lvl 100 Personal. I'm not too sure as to how, though. Oh well xD
Zekira
I've been checking the codes for the NA version and it's like only 10% of what was offered in the JP version is available on NA. I think there are only 6 (7?) friend cards that are code-able (which really don't differ much from Quick Battling a high-leveled high-behavior high-equip anyway, they're just there for the gems I guess)
Ivalset
You can probably get Xlink Kai to work with Dissidia, I recall there being arenas set up for the jp version while I was playing Phantasy Star Portable.
Zekira
Don't have the necessary hardware though :\
Topic Starter
SkyE-
Xlink Kai does work for FFD, but there's something fishy when it comes to the NA version. I think the only way to do online is through AdHoc Party, which requires a PS3.

By the way, I think Fusoya's FC with Lvl 100 Golbez, is the only full Adamant Chains equip that I've seen so far. That set is godly... <.< Dodge = +30% BRV <.< THIRTY! xD There are some good gears up for grabs when facing these Ghosts, but that's pretty much it.

I believe there are people who are still finding out codes. I really want to thank those guys, aye... I could never be bothered entering code after code after code. 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.... 10123142, 10123143... <.<

Yeah.
Zekira