forum

Romance anime appreciation thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dementedduck
I am spreading the contagion of appreciation threads from ot to otaku because there have been no posts in a while. What are some of your favourite romance anime.

Mine are kanon and toradora
Stomiks
You can't forget Clannad: After Story
Ymir
Into the Fireflies light
Topic Starter
Dementedduck

Stomiks wrote:

Can't forget about clannad but tbh you can only really watch it once so ik this is a really hot take but i dont rate it too high as i like to rewatch my stuff a lot. The vn is better though because of the multiple routes and the tomoyo expansion
Cwupcwake
words bubble up like soda pop is a good movie
Stomiks

Dementedduck wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Can't forget about clannad but tbh you can only really watch it once so ik this is a really hot take but i dont rate it too high as i like to rewatch my stuff a lot. The vn is better though because of the multiple routes and the tomoyo expansion
I'd argue that you could watch it a second time, after seeing the ending you will really start to see things and theorize about everything that's going on.
starfear
suka, cyberpunk, plastic memo, steins;gate, ditf, HSL (lol?), gosick,
yama_gucci
horimiya and kimi ni todoke are really good
Jangsoodlor
pls read kaguya-sama.
Stomiks
My current favorite romance anime is Bloom into you. Sure, Kaguya-sama is really good but Bloom into you's character's genuineness with each other and the overall tone makes it leagues better than Kaguya-sama.
his everything
I really liked Tomo-chan, you guys should watch it too!
k4N4
Stomiks

K4N44 wrote:

𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 (𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬)
True there's more tens or hundreds of romance masterpieces compared to anime's single digit ones. It's unfortunate that most of them aren't adapted.
k4N4
Patatitta
bloom into you
his everything

K4N44 wrote:

𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 (𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬)
I'm sadly not into manga because I read novels instead but I can give it a try! Romance is so good :D
k4N4
Stomiks

K4N44 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

K4N44 wrote:

True there's more tens or hundreds of romance masterpieces compared to anime's single digit ones. It's unfortunate that most of them aren't adapted.
Yep... i have read probably 500 romance mangas already, p2r has probably +1,2k more so not gonna run out of those. And ofcourse more is coming and fast ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა
Have you read this one yet? For being such a short manga it's such an amazing experience. I wish I could've taken it more slowly and spaced out reading it each chapter.
Jangsoodlor

Stomiks wrote:

K4N44 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

K4N44 wrote:

Yep... i have read probably 500 romance mangas already, p2r has probably +1,2k more so not gonna run out of those. And ofcourse more is coming and fast ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა
Have you read this one yet? For being such a short manga it's such an amazing experience. I wish I could've taken it more slowly and spaced out reading it each chapter.
oh that's a good one
Stomiks

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

K4N44 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

K4N44 wrote:

oh that's a good one
Pretty much my favorite romance story in general just like many others
show more