forum

[resolved] How do I reset my Songs folder?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dorukayhan
Quite a while back, I downloaded humongous yearly beatmap packs for the heck of it. It turned out to be a colossal mistake and I pretty much stopped playing osu! as a result due to having ruined my Songs folder.

I'd like to fix that, and the best way I can think of is to just throw the whole folder away and start over with a bunch of randomly picked FA mapsets as if I had freshly installed osu!. How do I accordingly get the game to download a bunch of random FA mapsets (after getting rid of my current Songs folder)?
If I have to reinstall osu! to do this, how do I keep everything other than maps and collections?
Blushing
You can simply delete the content inside the "Songs" folder (while osu! is closed) then when you come in you can just install (from the website) FA listing beatmaps by downloading them and dragging them into the client. I dont think there is an automatic way for the game to install it without it being a script or outside program; however, FA maps can be searched and filtered on the website so it is not too tedious.

Edit: You don't need to reinstall the game if you dont want to; however, if you do go on this path then you can drag the folders/files that you want to keep for the next rendition of osu! (that you do download) on your desktop or someplace else and when the new version is installed you can replace the old files with them by dragging them in and deleting the pre-installed ones.
Topic Starter
dorukayhan
You can simply delete the content inside the "Songs" folder (while osu! is closed) then when you come in you can just install (from the website) FA listing beatmaps by downloading them and dragging them into the client.
I ended up doing this after stumbling upon a great collection manager that let me easily back up a few mapsets and delete everything else. Thanks for the pointers!