forum

Multiple colours for hitscores depending on hiterror

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,308
show more
ruikoH
I want something like this, but rather than having the same color intensity, we should make it so that there's more color intensity for hit error.

Like this, and the 3 colors would be able to be changed.
not_superhot

drum drum wrote:

but the default skin would consist of - + and like i said it can confuse new players
dont put it in the default skin. Have it an option for skinners. It is perfect for people trying to learn stream, know when they are over/under streaming without having to glance down at the score meter.
Adder
bump to know why i misstimed when playing with high OD

Oinari-sama wrote:

Maybe make it skinnable? Some people may want custom indication colour to match their skin design.

Leaving 300s aside, maybe have these for hitting early:
-hit100e.png
-hit50e.png
-hit0e.png

Hitting late:
-hit100L.png
-hit50L.png
-hit0L.png

hit100/hit50/hit0 will be used instead if these new objects don't exist in the skin.
t/103304, add this and put those in the override folder
Pituophis
pls
Adder
Capuccino
This is actually a great idea judging the difficulty of using the hit-error score bar plus skinners will have more options in 50-100 score hits IMO

Eugh, I forgot I ran out of votes
momo1478
Really would like to see this happen. It's as easy as appending a sprite to the left or right side of a judgement sprite for non-perfect hits, simple yet imo monumental change to gameplay (streams actually give feedback rather than just a bunch of 100s). Putting extra support on this.
Topic Starter
Yauxo
Still think that this may be a good addition to the game. I didnt hear much about lazer the past few weeks/months, so maybe this can also be taken as an idea for the update if it isnt already.

The thread has zero replies for months and/or it is moved to the second page.
If your request happens to be like this, then you may bump it.

To put together

hit100e (early)
hit100l (late)
If you're ahead of time (bar to the left) you'll see hit100e.
If you're behind on time (bar to the right) you'll see hit100l.

Skinning examples

+
o x
Wow that's a great idea! Hopefully it will be implemented.
Caput Mortuum
agree
qaze
This should have been implemeted a long time ago
Ryoid
Only lazer? they don't do it to normal client?
pingal1ty
Why only lazer? I hate that version of the game, can't even skin it and the default is just awfull, unreadable at all for me.
Ryoid

pingal1ty wrote:

Why only lazer? I hate that version of the game, can't even skin it and the default is just awfull, unreadable at all for me.
you already know that lazer is on development build maybe when it release.....
Allsiss
Bump as it's still desired.

I really hope this is being considered for lazer. It's so frustrating to get a streak of hundreds on a stream and not knowing whether you need to slightly increase or decrease the tempo. The hit error bar is generally not good for that and it's overall too distracting to look down there anyway.
Respirte
bump as it turns out this is still a continually requested feature.
nc4228
Bump. Especially when you're learning higher OD songs where it's very difficult to detect such small differences in timing.
Zemonx
this would be really usefull if it actually work.
Aryami
I'll just hope it will be added to lazer when it is released.
abraker
Ruiko_old_1
Yes, would be really useful to have this added, especially to practice streaming. The hit error bar is not really reliable. I never know when I'm too fast or too slow on streams when 100s pops up in the middle of the streams because early and late 100s are the same green color.
Paxas_old
It has been 6 years, say something peppy.
CowGamesT7
This would be really helpful when learning to stream more consistently because I can't focus on the display for this while playing.
prurite
Bump. Why still not implemented after 7 years
Boku No Rainbow
you can bump this all you want, ill still somehow end up 1 quarter behind literally EVERY SINGLE TIME beatmapsets/409837#osu/889529
joshisca
*Bump*

I was looking up if this was a feature already and was pretty disappointed that this is still not even assigned with so many votes after 9 years. Features like this are practically standard in so many other rhythm games now