forum

[resolved] osu! freezes on launch and occasionally mid-map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeathHydra
Problem details: osu! always freezes for a couple of seconds on launch. This only starts happening last Thursday. You can see it in the first video, I keep flailing my cursor around while osu! is launching, and it suddenly just freezes while the BGM just keeps playing.

It also occasionally freezes in-game, causing errors on score submission. You can see it in the second video (around 0:45), where it suddenly freezes for a couple of seconds while the map keeps going, and then it says that score submission is disabled. You can also see in the result screen that there's an error in score calculation. The part of the map that plays when the game froze doesn't count as miss whatsoever, it just doesn't exist.

I don't actually know if this is an osu! problem or my PC problem, but these kind of freezes never happen anywhere else, so I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
freezes on launch
freezes mid-map
(Ignore the background voice and the keyboard clicks, turns out my mic wasn't muted during recording)
big black replay

osu! version: Stable
a1l2d3r4e5d6
What are your system's specs?

Have you tried using the repair osu! function? (hold shift while launching osu!)

Did you have any specific updates to your drivers recently?
Topic Starter
DeathHydra
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
RAM: 16.0 GB
Windows: Windows 10 64-bit

I tried the repair osu! function, and unfortunately it doesn't fix the issue. Re-installing osu! also didn't help.

I did update my NVIDIA Game Ready Driver to 526.98 a couple days ago. But I tried to rollback to the previous version, and the issue still persists.
Domco
Are you using some form of graphics utility to manage your GPU (gpu tweak or msi afterburner)?
Topic Starter
DeathHydra
I do not have GPU Tweak or MSI Afterburner installed. I believe the only program installed that is related to my GPU is NVIDIA GeForce Experience.

Just want to add, these in-game freezes happen like every 30 mins or so. Also, yesterday, it follows with a crash (this is the first time that a crash follows after a freeze). Here is the crash logs from Event Viewer. (not sure if I'm doing it right, please let me know if I made a mistake somehow)
Crash logs
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2022-11-20T13:52:30.2584801Z

EventRecordID 12470

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer DESKTOP-74F9RLP

Security

- EventData

osu!.exe
6364b99f
avformat-52.dll
49ef5415
c0000005
000732d4
01d8fce507a76261
C:\Users\DeathHydra\AppData\Local\osu!\osu!.exe
C:\Users\DeathHydra\AppData\Local\osu!\avformat-52.dll
c26a863d-d1cf-4920-8b70-4c5577c4a63c
Topic Starter
DeathHydra
Update : Issue has been resolved after a private chat with Domco. Many thanks to Domco for resolving the issue!!!
mysho
Why don't you share your fix with us. Other people like me might have the same problem
Topic Starter
DeathHydra

mysho wrote:

Why don't you share your fix with us. Other people like me might have the same problem
Because I didn't fix it. Domco did. Domco pushed some kind of update to osu! client and the problem stops happening ever since.