forum

Tomita Tomoya - Frosty Wheel

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Moway
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 2:53:26 PM

Artist: Tomita Tomoya
Title: Frosty Wheel
Source: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Tags: Keito nintendo wii winter snow christmas good-feel hal labratory jun ishikawa hirozaku ando 毛糸のカービィ
BPM: 107
Filesize: 3721kb
Play Time: 01:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.25 stars, 148 notes)
  2. Normal (1.43 stars, 78 notes)
Download: Tomita Tomoya - Frosty Wheel
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Self pop to grave for this one. I wouldn't want this to be ranked now since it's past Christmas. Maybe I'll bring it back next year ^^.

Still is a nice little song.
Lanturn
Cool, Kirby music. This one sounds so nice as well.. Maybe I'll have to try this yarn game one day :P

[General]
Background:
1365x768 .. Moway, please :P

Song Info:
Artist: 冨田 朋也

Tags:
毛糸のカービィ (Japanese spelling of the game name.. Since Japanese tags are a thing nowadays)

How about using a blank wav file for your spinnerspin.wav ?

[Normal]
  1. 00:28:598 (2,4) - How about swapping these to just finishes? the piano notes are pretty lightly hit here.
  2. 00:33:084 (3) - Delete?
  3. 00:37:009 (2) - how about using the same pattern from 00:19:065 (2,3) - ? The piano hit at 00:37:850 - seems like something you don't want to miss.
  4. 01:02:242 (5) - Since you are following the piano, you may want to delete this. | this may also make you delete 01:11:214 (5) - though if you want to keep the same pattern.
  5. 01:18:504 (3,4) - combine these two? The (3) piano note is actually held until the (4) which is why I'm suggesting this. I'm not sure how you are with having the tail ends of sliders end on a strong key like this.
[Hard]
  1. 00:00:000 (1,2,1,2) - and the rest of the map with this pattern. How about trying finishes on the slider ends? All these notes have the soft piano notes playing. Not sure if this will make it too noisy though. There are a few other spots with the same pattern you could apply it too as well.
  2. 00:30:280 (5,2) - can you make these two symmetrical to each other, like you did with 00:30:841 (6,1) - ? It would actually look pretty neat if done right.
  3. 00:39:252 (3) - The piano hold ends about 1/2 later from this, not sure if you want to extend the slider to match it or not.
  4. 00:42:616 (3,5) - Nazi~ Try dragging the (3) on the timeline to 00:43:457 (red tick) and then blanket the (5) around it... better. Move the (3) back to its original spot after
  5. 00:47:663 (6) - x332 y332 to create a perfect triangle?
  6. 00:57:196 (7) - Try a finish here?

AIBat v3.1 wrote:

Snapping
01:30:819 (2) - Unsnapped slider (start).
01:30:819 (2) - Unsnapped slider (end).
Not much to say, this map is very well done, and I like your idea when using the hitsounds.

Good luck. and take a (somehow it sent two out =/)
Topic Starter
Moway

Lanturn wrote:

Cool, Kirby music. This one sounds so nice as well.. Maybe I'll have to try this yarn game one day :P It's really nice, I was going to map another song from this game, but for Christmas I decided to do a snow one first.

[General]
Background:
1365x768 .. Moway, please :P eahauehuaheuaheua

Song Info:
Artist: 冨田 朋也 fixed

Tags:
毛糸のカービィ (Japanese spelling of the game name.. Since Japanese tags are a thing nowadays) added

How about using a blank wav file for your spinnerspin.wav ? that's a good idea

[Normal]
  1. 00:28:598 (2,4) - How about swapping these to just finishes? the piano notes are pretty lightly hit here. I agree here, fixed
  2. 00:33:084 (3) - Delete? i'll make this a finish, I think it is alright for this diff, since i map some of the backing piano parts
  3. 00:37:009 (2) - how about using the same pattern from 00:19:065 (2,3) - ? The piano hit at 00:37:850 - seems like something you don't want to miss. yeah, I'll change this
  4. 01:02:242 (5) - Since you are following the piano, you may want to delete this. | this may also make you delete 01:11:214 (5) - though if you want to keep the same pattern. i agree on these ones, deleting both of those
  5. 01:18:504 (3,4) - combine these two? The (3) piano note is actually held until the (4) which is why I'm suggesting this. I'm not sure how you are with having the tail ends of sliders end on a strong key like this. I'll leave this, but mainly for the reason of gameplay. I think there's a lot of sliders going on, so I think if circles will be anywhere I think they fit here alright.
[Hard]
  1. 00:00:000 (1,2,1,2) - and the rest of the map with this pattern. How about trying finishes on the slider ends? All these notes have the soft piano notes playing. Not sure if this will make it too noisy though. There are a few other spots with the same pattern you could apply it too as well. I did it for spots where there's not so much going on (so basically the intro). I think they sound really nice there, but other places are a bit too noisy I think
  2. 00:30:280 (5,2) - can you make these two symmetrical to each other, like you did with 00:30:841 (6,1) - ? It would actually look pretty neat if done right. Yeah I agree, fixed this, should look right.
  3. 00:39:252 (3) - The piano hold ends about 1/2 later from this, not sure if you want to extend the slider to match it or not. for now I'll leave it, mainly because I like that little break before the soft part, but this is a good suggestion still. Might change later once i get more opinions on this
  4. 00:42:616 (3,5) - Nazi~ Try dragging the (3) on the timeline to 00:43:457 (red tick) and then blanket the (5) around it... better. Move the (3) back to its original spot after should be fixed, had to move the end point a smidge
  5. 00:47:663 (6) - x332 y332 to create a perfect triangle? sure
  6. 00:57:196 (7) - Try a finish here? sounds good

AIBat v3.1 wrote:

Snapping
01:30:819 (2) - Unsnapped slider (start).
01:30:819 (2) - Unsnapped slider (end).
fixed

Not much to say, this map is very well done, and I like your idea when using the hitsounds.

Good luck. and take a (somehow it sent two out =/)
Thanks \o/
Suimya
Hey Moway :3

General:
  1. Remove the widescreen support, count down and letter box, since you don't use it in your map
  2. The diff spread is kinda odd...jumping from 1.5 star ratting to 4.20, and the normal diff is kinda looked like easy diff imo..so you might want to rethink about mapping a normal diff...to fix this spread
Normal:
  1. 00:07:850 (5) - i don't honestly like how you placed this note..seems a bit random so how about moving it to x:388 y:148, so it'll make better shape with the (3) don't forget to fix the spacing on the next slider, if you fixed that
  2. 00:23:551 (2) - move this 1 grid to right so it'll blanket better with the first slider
  3. 00:35:887 (1) - why you didn't add hitsounds on this slider's repeat and tail? it'll sound better if you added finish on repeat and whistle on the tail..it's sounds good imo
  4. 01:20:747 (1) - i don't like how this slider is overlapping with 01:18:504 (3) - how about making a bit blanket between them so they won't overlap? like this
  5. 01:22:990 (3) - fix this if you did the above^

Hard:
Good diff...Moway so pro =3=

anyways that's all i could find clean map and so simple, i like it <3 good luck!
Topic Starter
Moway

Sekai-nyan wrote:

Hey Moway :3

General:
  1. Remove the widescreen support, count down and letter box, since you don't use it in your map fixed
  2. The diff spread is kinda odd...jumping from 1.5 star ratting to 4.20, and the normal diff is kinda looked like easy diff imo..so you might want to rethink about mapping a normal diff...to fix this spread we'll see about this, the spread star-wise looks a bit odd, but I'm not sure that I can really map a between diff that isn't redudnant.
Normal:
  1. 00:07:850 (5) - i don't honestly like how you placed this note..seems a bit random so how about moving it to x:388 y:148, so it'll make better shape with the (3) don't forget to fix the spacing on the next slider, if you fixed that for this one it's the top half of a pentagon, so it' not super random, I think it's alright the way it is
  2. 00:23:551 (2) - move this 1 grid to right so it'll blanket better with the first slider fixed
  3. 00:35:887 (1) - why you didn't add hitsounds on this slider's repeat and tail? it'll sound better if you added finish on repeat and whistle on the tail..it's sounds good imo yeah missed these, fixed
  4. 01:20:747 (1) - i don't like how this slider is overlapping with 01:18:504 (3) - how about making a bit blanket between them so they won't overlap? like this
  5. 01:22:990 (3) - fix this if you did the above^ not sure how you made this without some odd spacing, so I'll leave this for now

Hard:
Good diff...Moway so pro =3=

anyways that's all i could find clean map and so simple, i like it <3 good luck!
Thanks!
Kyshiro
Hi

General
  1. Slider tick rate 0,5 is unrankable, set this to 1.0, you could silence the unwanted ticks though.
Hard
  1. Od6?
  2. 00:19:065 (3) - Would be cool if you could prevent the start and end of the slider from overlapping
  3. 00:31:401 (1,2) - This doesn't flow that well, try putting it like this: http://puu.sh/5uWQb.jpg
  4. 00:37:009 (3) - Same as before
  5. 00:48:224 (7) - Why don't you stack this with 00:46:542 (4) - , this would flow a lot better, you would have to rotate it a bit though.
  6. 01:27:476 (1) - Place this slider at x:272 y:144, this would look a lot better organized

There's a lot of little imperfections, which you would really notice while playing such a slow map, I would appreciate it if you could fix these things in the spoilerbox
    Some nazi stuff
    00:01:121 (3,1) - Not stacked perfectly, this is not your fault though, osu fails to stack objects perfectly for some reason when placing it on another object. Just turn off grid snap and move it 1 or 2 pixels
    00:03:364 (3,1) - ^
    00:07:850 (5,1) - ^
    00:10:093 (5,1) - ^
    01:18:504 (1,2) - ^
    01:22:990 (1,1) - ^

Normal
  1. 00:13:457 (1,2) - Would be nice if these were a blanket to eachother or perfectly symmetric to eachother, looks a bit random right now http://puu.sh/5uY4l.jpg http://puu.sh/5uY5g.jpg
  2. 00:58:317 (1) - A bit more curve would look nice, just like the slider before this
  3. 01:16:261 (1,2) - Same as I mentioned earlier
Not much to do about this map, just some small things to make it even more clean. Nice job
Topic Starter
Moway

Kyshiro wrote:

Hi

General
  1. Slider tick rate 0,5 is unrankable, set this to 1.0, you could silence the unwanted ticks though. oh, I don't think it actually changes anything so setting it to 1 is no problem.
Hard
  1. Od6? sure
  2. 00:19:065 (3) - Would be cool if you could prevent the start and end of the slider from overlapping sure
  3. 00:31:401 (1,2) - This doesn't flow that well, try putting it like this: http://puu.sh/5uWQb.jpg alright i'll try it that way
  4. 00:37:009 (3) - Same as before fixed
  5. 00:48:224 (7) - Why don't you stack this with 00:46:542 (4) - , this would flow a lot better, you would have to rotate it a bit though. I agree, fixed
  6. 01:27:476 (1) - Place this slider at x:272 y:144, this would look a lot better organized moved it some, but I want to preserve spacing here

There's a lot of little imperfections, which you would really notice while playing such a slow map, I would appreciate it if you could fix these things in the spoilerbox
    Some nazi stuff
    00:01:121 (3,1) - Not stacked perfectly, this is not your fault though, osu fails to stack objects perfectly for some reason when placing it on another object. Just turn off grid snap and move it 1 or 2 pixels
    00:03:364 (3,1) - ^
    00:07:850 (5,1) - ^
    00:10:093 (5,1) - ^
    01:18:504 (1,2) - ^
    01:22:990 (1,1) - ^ all done

Normal
  1. 00:13:457 (1,2) - Would be nice if these were a blanket to eachother or perfectly symmetric to eachother, looks a bit random right now fixed to be symmetrichttp://puu.sh/5uY4l.jpg http://puu.sh/5uY5g.jpg
  2. 00:58:317 (1) - A bit more curve would look nice, just like the slider before this fixed up
  3. 01:16:261 (1,2) - Same as I mentioned earlier and fixed
Not much to do about this map, just some small things to make it even more clean. Nice job
thanks kshro
Lizbeth
[Hard]
first of all.... this map is adorable and i wann squeeze it~~
00:06:448 (4) - I think this circle should be part of the next combo set. but I noticed you added new combo on the big white tick so I guess i ll deal wit it.
00:49:345 (1,2) - I think this looks a bit randomly placed, what about this: http://puu.sh/5x95V.jpg
That s all~, really nice diff

[Normal]
00:51:588 (2) - maybe end it here: 00:52:149 - and add a repeat?
Other than that, perfect for me

Good luck~~
Topic Starter
Moway

Lizbeth wrote:

[Hard]
first of all.... this map is adorable and i wann squeeze it~~ OwO
00:06:448 (4) - I think this circle should be part of the next combo set. but I noticed you added new combo on the big white tick so I guess i ll deal wit it. I will actually change these, these kind of stacks happen a few times in the map and I like having them the same color so I'll fix these up
00:49:345 (1,2) - I think this looks a bit randomly placed, what about this: http://puu.sh/5x95V.jpg for now I'll say no, but I'm open to more opinions here. I personally like this pattern because it's the same slider that leads upward, but just lowering it a bit. If it doesn't look good to other people I can change it though.
That s all~, really nice diff

[Normal]
00:51:588 (2) - maybe end it here: 00:52:149 - and add a repeat? leaving this for consistency, and I like the reflected sliders as a sort of theme between the two difficulties
Other than that, perfect for me

Good luck~~
Thanks!
Alarido
From Christmas☆Queue 2013

How amazing is this Winter song! And the overall flow of your map ♥

:!: Unrankable ─ :?: Doubtful Item ─ :idea: Tips & Tricks ─ ♥ Greetings ─ * Comments ─

Other lines are normal mods, just suggestion unless for Unrankable or strongly recommended changes.

[General]
:?: :!: :shock: Well, it seems you're using a silent hitnormal.wav, which really is fine and make sense with the song imho, but I'm unsure and a bit afraid if such silencing would be considered unrankable, since the rule stated there (Ranking Criteria) seems to be contradictory. Well, let's see:

1. Hitsounds from notes and sliders must be audible. These provide feedback for the player, and having them silent in a rhythm game doesn't make much sense. If you don't like the default sounds, then find replacements rather than silencing notes. You can use hitsounds from the Custom Hitsound Library or easily find others online. Lowering the volume of a few notes to provide a dampened effect is usually fine, but complete silence is always unacceptable. The end of a spinner (or even the entire spinner) the sliding sound of a slider, and the end of a slider can be silent, but only do it if it makes sense. Finally, you cannot silence both slider ticks and slider slides together.
Well, I ask myself which part wins if the Red or Blue ones above. The Red part clearly denies any silencing, while the Blue part clearly makes a concession wherever such silencing would be acepted. The Italic part seems to be there in order to restrict the Blue clause, what would make Red win, but in front of this song (your Christmas song), it just enforces the Blue clause, making both unbeatable by each other, thence my doubt comes in. Such doubts could even make BATs debate during long times.

Conclusion: it seems to me as Unrankable, besides it's mighyt not. The doubt remains, so let's see further opinions on it.

As an alternative, you could use a low-volume hitnormal.wav (something about 20% of the default loudness).

[Hard]
00:48:224 (7) - would be nice if you set the last node to x:432 y:116, so the player's cursor could find a way to next note (:

[Normal]
00:35:887 (1,2) - would be nice if you position these two objects like → http://puu.sh/5y3Vb.jpg ← with the 00:35:887 (1) - at x:332 y:316 and the 00:37:850 (2) - at x:368 y:140.

That's all... your map is almost Rankable, except for the doubtful issues found above >< Doubtful that can be turned either Unrankable or not, depending on BAT discretion, considering the song calmness (true calmness *.*)

GOOD LUCK

♪ I want to be the shooting star ♫

Att.
Topic Starter
Moway

Alarido wrote:

From Christmas☆Queue 2013

How amazing is this Winter song! And the overall flow of your map ♥

:!: Unrankable ─ :?: Doubtful Item ─ :idea: Tips & Tricks ─ ♥ Greetings ─ * Comments ─

Other lines are normal mods, just suggestion unless for Unrankable or strongly recommended changes.

[General]
:?: :!: :shock: Well, it seems you're using a silent hitnormal.wav, which really is fine and make sense with the song imho, but I'm unsure and a bit afraid if such silencing would be considered unrankable, since the rule stated there (Ranking Criteria) seems to be contradictory. Well, let's see:

1. Hitsounds from notes and sliders must be audible. These provide feedback for the player, and having them silent in a rhythm game doesn't make much sense. If you don't like the default sounds, then find replacements rather than silencing notes. You can use hitsounds from the Custom Hitsound Library or easily find others online. Lowering the volume of a few notes to provide a dampened effect is usually fine, but complete silence is always unacceptable. The end of a spinner (or even the entire spinner) the sliding sound of a slider, and the end of a slider can be silent, but only do it if it makes sense. Finally, you cannot silence both slider ticks and slider slides together.
Well, I ask myself which part wins if the Red or Blue ones above. The Red part clearly denies any silencing, while the Blue part clearly makes a concession wherever such silencing would be acepted. The Italic part seems to be there in order to restrict the Blue clause, what would make Red win, but in front of this song (your Christmas song), it just enforces the Blue clause, making both unbeatable by each other, thence my doubt comes in. Such doubts could even make BATs debate during long times.

Conclusion: it seems to me as Unrankable, besides it's mighyt not. The doubt remains, so let's see further opinions on it.

As an alternative, you could use a low-volume hitnormal.wav (something about 20% of the default loudness). This should be rankable because even though I use a silent soft-hitnormal, I make sure that every slider head and circle has a hitsound. The silence is for the slider ends, which is rankable because those do not need to be clicked in order to be hit correctly. As a result, this should be okay. Of course, if I missed any circles or sliderheads in hitsounding I definitely would need to fix those, but I think the way I mapped it I have it so pretty much all of the notes are on the slider heads or circles, so it should be pretty well hitsounded out.

[Hard]
00:48:224 (7) - would be nice if you set the last node to x:432 y:116, so the player's cursor could find a way to next note (: sure

[Normal]
00:35:887 (1,2) - would be nice if you position these two objects like → http://puu.sh/5y3Vb.jpg ← with the 00:35:887 (1) - at x:332 y:316 and the 00:37:850 (2) - at x:368 y:140. and fixed

That's all... your map is almost Rankable, except for the doubtful issues found above >< Doubtful that can be turned either Unrankable or not, depending on BAT discretion, considering the song calmness (true calmness *.*)

GOOD LUCK

♪ I want to be the shooting star ♫

Att.
Thanks!
captin1
hue rank now
popner

[General]
Add lead-in?

[Hard]
00:30:841 (6,1) - maybe you need to bend the 2 sliders more, like 00:30:280 (5) - and 00:31:962 (2).
00:53:831 (1,2,3,4,5) - nazi - not a standard star: (1) and (3) are too close.
Topic Starter
Moway

popner wrote:

[General]
Add lead-in? don't think I can anymore

[Hard]
00:30:841 (6,1) - maybe you need to bend the 2 sliders more, like 00:30:280 (5) - and 00:31:962 (2). fixed
00:53:831 (1,2,3,4,5) - nazi - not a standard star: (1) and (3) are too close. fixed i think

thanks popner~
popner
Bubbled!
Kyouren
Wow, Faster bubble!!^^
Topic Starter
Moway
Self pop here with some changes after Irre IRC.
Lanturn
Because japanese unicode seems to be used more frequently for the source now. Maybe you should change the source to Japanese as well?

Source: 毛糸のカービィ

Add: Kirby's Epic Yarn to the tags.

Not sure what the final order was for this, but it seems like its being pushed more towards using the Japanese names in their original language for the source.

p/2553625

<3 go go Moway
Topic Starter
Moway

Lanturn wrote:

Because japanese unicode seems to be used more frequently for the source now. Maybe you should change the source to Japanese as well?

Source: 毛糸のカービィ

Add: Kirby's Epic Yarn to the tags.

Not sure what the final order was for this, but it seems like its being pushed more towards using the Japanese names in their original language for the source.

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2553625

<3 go go Moway
I'll add it to tags. I am still in the camp that English/romaji is the better way to title things, so I will add the Japanese to the tags instead.
Silver Crow
Hi :3 Come for the M4M que~

Hard
00:01:682 - Stack?
00:20:186 - http://puu.sh/5O1Hl.jpg this way maybe :3?
00:24:392 (1,2) - do somthing on these two notes?The music is keep going so I thought it should not stack
00:33:364 (1,2) - ^

I think the Normal diff is ok ;3

Nice song and Merry Christmas~
Topic Starter
Moway

Silver Crow wrote:

Hi :3 Come for the M4M que~

Hard
00:01:682 - Stack? fixed
00:20:186 - http://puu.sh/5O1Hl.jpg this way maybe :3? i prefer it this way in order to match the music a bit better
00:24:392 (1,2) - do somthing on these two notes?The music is keep going so I thought it should not stack
00:33:364 (1,2) - ^ these ones I have for consistency, I like the way these play and fit with the music also

I think the Normal diff is ok ;3

Nice song and Merry Christmas~
Thank you!
Irreversible
Alright, rebubbled after some issues changed, also added Audio lead-in (since it wasn't added automatically)~

Sorry for the delay! D;
happy30
The hitsounds here need some extra work.
Basically every hitsound has a whistle, or is silent which isn't really allowed. Custome hitsounds is probably required.
If you need help for that, I might have some custom hitsounds for this song.
Xiaolin
Moway ! >w<
Here's my mod. :333
[Normal]
• 01:33:218 I honestly don't like how you placed the circle at the end, I guess you have to move it, here a picture were to move it:

[Hard]
• Nothing much.
-------------------------------------------------
My mod might be short, but hope you accept it and give me kudosu for it. :)
Good luck ~ :D
Topic Starter
Moway

happy30 wrote:

The hitsounds here need some extra work.
Basically every hitsound has a whistle, or is silent which isn't really allowed. Custome hitsounds is probably required.
If you need help for that, I might have some custom hitsounds for this song.
Hmm, I think this fits fine, but I'm open to suggestion if you have something better.
Garven
You should use your finish sound as the hitnormal, only a little louder. It's waaaay too subtle, and the completely silent parts aren't too kosher.
Andrea
How did it end with this map? It's sad to see it didn't got ranked for Christmas like the rest.
Irreversible
Why don't you just mod it then :B
Konei

Irreversible wrote:

Why don't you just mod it then :B
So if he now mods it, time will turn back to the point where christmas hasn't been yet and it will be ranked in time?
Alarido
@Moway

You deleted the mapset.

Can I take the MP3 and Background to map it and try rank it on November 2015?

Att.