forum

So.. i bought the tablet.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Heal
and it's taking quite a bit to get used to it.

it feels.. awkward.

but it sure does make you a god at spinner..lol
Almost

TriggerTheory wrote:

Speak for yourself...
Soarezi

TriggerTheory wrote:

how
[ Katsu ]
It will feel very awkward for a few hours, especially if you are hovering, it will start to feel more natural very soon. And yes! Spinners are awesome :D
Topic Starter
Heal
idk it just feels easier to get 400+ spinner on tablet.

and my hand is about to die from this pen gripping.. lol
[ Katsu ]

TriggerTheory wrote:

It took me ages to get used to the pen, there's a post on the forums about how people grip their pens, i'd take a look at that and try a few out, it may help you to find the best position for you.
Lach
you clearly don't grip your own pen hard enough when you're alone
Almost

TriggerTheory wrote:

I was spinning 400+ on mouse when I was going as fast as possible and couldn't even hit 300 when I went to tablet.
Mamoru Senpai

Soarezi wrote:

TriggerTheory wrote:

how
Someone awnser to this question please. I spinned better with mouse. :y
Lach

Mamoru Senpai wrote:

he probably used some absurd dpi before and his spins were actually flails resulting in 200 rpm border-grinding
[ Katsu ]

Mamoru Senpai wrote:

Personally my spin RPM was completely unchanged switching from mouse to tablet other than the tablet being more comfortable, very small fast circles and i get 400+ RPM most of the time.
Topic Starter
Heal
it was just harder to spin around center for me on mouse, it usually was around 290~330.

maybe i just suck with mouse spinning lol.
GoldenWolf
Mouse is the best spinning tool
Aqo
how to be pro at spinners with tablet in 3 easy steps:

step 1: press Esc right before the spinner to pause the game
step 2: put the pen aside and grab a hold of your mouse instead
step 3: continue the play and spin with the mouse

look mom! I can pass augoeides now!
Lach

Aqo wrote:

i tried this and still couldn't do it
Almost

Lach wrote:

Aqo wrote:

i tried this and still couldn't do it
It's how I did some of my plays before lol.
Ziggo

Aqo wrote:

Could you please not spoil my secrets? Thanks.
Avishay

Aqo wrote:

wat do if I can't spin with mouse?
boat
uninstall
Aqo

iTZAvishay wrote:

wat do if I can't spin with mouse?
pick your favorite song
open it in osu editor
make a new difficulty for it

delete all objects and put just one longass spinner on the entire length of the song instead
play that for 6 hours

one short time investment
spin fast your entire rest of your life
RaneFire

Aqo wrote:

one short time investment
spin fast your entire rest of your life
I agree with this. I never did this "investment" with mouse because I started easy's with it... but 2 years ago, after buying my tablet, I invested an entire weekend into just spinners because ~150spm was depressing (and breaking my combo).

I wasn't satisfied with the results since spinning at 440spm was really exhausting. But without my "iron-grip-fap" technique, I was marginally slower than mouse. Tablet was also unnatural for me to play with, so I just continued playing mouse. I started swapping between my tablet on occasion and always found myself spinning faster with it. Exhaustion was also no longer a problem. I think my tablet spinning today would be a retarded ~250spm, had I not done that.

No pain, no gain.
Pain up-front = gain.
Dexus
I lol'd at technique name 10/10 would use.

Just to say not all pain = gain because it could be a sign you're hurting yourself. I increased my spin speed by playing maps with short fast spinners, edit maps so that they have them inbetween hard jumps or replace certain notes with them. It's good practice to keep you on your toes.
RaneFire

Dexus wrote:

Just to say not all pain = gain because it could be a sign you're hurting yourself. I increased my spin speed by playing maps with short fast spinners, edit maps so that they have them inbetween hard jumps or replace certain notes with them. It's good practice to keep you on your toes.
Yes. It's not like I was mindlessly spinning and somehow magically got better. Spending an entire weekend doing something so simple can yield a lot of insight into things you never would have thought about, more than just transitioning into and out of spinning, if you apply your mind to figuring it out. But it's all trial and error and can sometimes take a long time to realise important things that may require starting over. That's why you need time... for analysis. It's quite easy to get bored if it's just a mindless activity, and those don't yield any results. I probably wouldn't last 5 minutes otherwise before falling asleep and that's why it's impossible to tell someone to practice something, if they aren't interested.

Pain was a thought on my mind at the time, because I was in pain. I had no stamina for it after all. But I knew that it was just muscular fatigue, and it's up to your best judgement do determine what's bad and what isn't. However I did find learning through the pain pretty productive, because it helped me determine which techniques were self-destructive (a.k.a. wrong) and so I had no ill side-effects. I can't guarantee anyone else the same though.
PlasticSmoothie
Use your entire arm to spin. Find a way that's comfortable to you, experiment with it.
I used to spin at 300 something rpm. Started really focusing on spinning fast in maps, now I can spin 450+ if I have the motivation for it (I'm sure I look like a retard doing that though :D)
Story
If your arms in pain gripping the pen I would suggest holding it with less force and it takes a while to get used to tablet
show more