forum

I have a really bad Single-tapping habit..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fuh
EDIT: I believe I got Alternating and Double-tapping mixed up (I think). I meant Alternating.

I guess you can say I'm decent player who started playing a lot of harder songs in order to push my limits, but I find myself single-tapping things that just seem impossible to single tap unless you're really good.

But I've also heard that double-tapping takes a lot of practice to get any good at (I find a lot of inconsistencies when I do in accuracy) and put you in even more bad habits if you just mash the keys without actually reading the music (which i'm currently trying to learn also)

Is there a solution to this? Should I be playing using the Half mod or what?
Also is there a way to get better at doubletapping? As most songs that I truly enjoy end up making you.

Oh, an example song of me trying to single-tap and struggle at double-tapping is one like this;

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/49621
Full Tablet
You either singletap or alternate.
Doubletapping isn't a very useful technique since it leads to terrible accuracy.

If you feel you are mashing keys alternating at that speed try with slower bpm songs first.
shortpotato
play more fast maps
you will get faster
osuftw420
I would recommend playing an intensive double tapping map, somewhat slow too.

My recommendation is https://osu.ppy.sh/s/5624

The normal one is perfect for practice
G0r
Practically everything short of fast streams can be single tapped despite what it may look and feel like. Most of those top pros out there are single tapping. In fact, you'll find that it is actually a big deal when someone actually does get good at the game using an alternating style. It is an extremely powerful style, but it takes a special kind of skill to master. If you are single tapping like the rest of us and feel like you can't keep up, then I'd say join the club. : )

Nota bene: This does NOT mean that you should not use two keys to stream! Streams are typically done with two keys. Alternating is strictly switching keys on all hits.