spinners with mouse

posted
Total Posts
show more
RaneFire

Ikki wrote:

1. Buy a tablet.
2. Buy a drill and drill press.
3. Attach tablet pen to the drill... and set the pressed height to 2mm above tablet. Pull it when long spinner comes
5. Profit??
ftfy to a better solution.
Topic Starter
Roricon

NixXSkate wrote:

There is no way in hell that's 1000dpi. You must have the windows sens under 6/11 or mouse precision on or something.
http://puu.sh/5CNBw.png i dont see what should be wrong with my setting :o (never touched the settings from the logitech thingy)
RaneFire
Food for thought:

M510 - not a gaming mouse... will have max speed limits and I know logitech sticks angle-snapping on all of these models which is not your friend when spinning.
Laser - erm, not recommended.
Wireless - not recommended.
Is your mouse pad... rubber? I can't tell from the video but I see some lines... it's weird.

It is mostly down to practice, yes, but having the proper equipment will make it easier to learn. Grab a player who already knows how to spin and he'd probably do it on your mouse, but he sure didn't have to endure all these random variables when learning the muscle memory.
Topic Starter
Roricon

RaneFire wrote:

Food for thought:

M510 - not a gaming mouse... will have max speed limits and I know logitech sticks angle-snapping on all of these models which is not your friend when spinning.
Laser - erm, not recommended.
Wireless - not recommended.
Is your mouse pad... rubber? I can't tell from the video but I see some lines... it's weird.

It is mostly down to practice, yes, but having the proper equipment will make it easier to learn. Grab a player who already knows how to spin and he'd probably do it on your mouse, but he sure didn't have to endure all these random variables when learning the muscle memory.
Yes my mouse pad is rubber is that a problem? And will buying a mouse like a razer deathadder help me improve my spinning? Cause im fine with my current mouse for playing osu except for the spinners and buying a new mouse isnt really cheap, so I dont want to buy a new mouse unless it would actually help me.

-Rinku- wrote:

Also the song you mentions i think would need to spin atleast 260-280 to pass.
You sure about that? Cause i just played the map in mp with a friend and he said he was spinning the whole time above 290 rpm and also failed when he had full hp at the start of the spinner.
RaneFire
Even if you do decide to get a new mouse, you will still have to practice. There's no shortcut so I reckon you should just analyse your spinning and find out what the actual problem is. It may not be any of those things.

I'm gonna go with technique though. Your technique does not look optimal to me. It could be your arm angle/position, the pressure applied to your wrist, or how much you have tensed your upper arm, too much conscious decision... Who knows... I just know that when I spin, I'm just shaking my arm, but barely moving. Try finding an optimal position for your arm as a whole, angle, height, everything and just shake your arm until you get the motion right. We can't tell you what's best, because that's personal preference.

I for one, wish I could spin as fast as I can stir a cup of coffee/tea. One day I realised I was doing it really fast, and I just stopped and couldn't stir the cup anymore. It's like that story of a millipede... another insect asked the millipede how it walked with 1000 legs, for the first time in its life the millipede started to think about it and couldn't walk at all anymore.

So yeah, but in this case, you do need to apply both sides of your brain.
Topic Starter
Roricon
So basically I just have to keep playing and stop focussing so hard on spinners. Cause know when a spinner appears im like k i have to do this good and i really try to pay attention on how i move my mouse etc. I'll just ignore the maps i cant pass due to long spinner for now.
NixXSkate
I actually disagree somewhat... I wouldn't stop focusing on practice until you realize what you're doing wrong or a proper technique, because it doesn't always come naturally. I told you, you could PM me in-game >:(
Topic Starter
Roricon

NixXSkate wrote:

I actually disagree somewhat... I wouldn't stop focusing on practice until you realize what you're doing wrong or a proper technique, because it doesn't always come naturally. I told you, you could PM me in-game >:(
K I'll pm you when i see you on. Really thanks for all the help.
iSpR1Te

RaneFire wrote:

Even if you do decide to get a new mouse, you will still have to practice. There's no shortcut so I reckon you should just analyse your spinning and find out what the actual problem is. It may not be any of those things.

I'm gonna go with technique though. Your technique does not look optimal to me. It could be your arm angle/position, the pressure applied to your wrist, or how much you have tensed your upper arm, too much conscious decision... Who knows... I just know that when I spin, I'm just shaking my arm, but barely moving. Try finding an optimal position for your arm as a whole, angle, height, everything and just shake your arm until you get the motion right. We can't tell you what's best, because that's personal preference.

I for one, wish I could spin as fast as I can stir a cup of coffee/tea. One day I realised I was doing it really fast, and I just stopped and couldn't stir the cup anymore. It's like that story of a millipede... another insect asked the millipede how it walked with 1000 legs, for the first time in its life the millipede started to think about it and couldn't walk at all anymore.

So yeah, but in this case, you do need to apply both sides of your brain.
I completely agree with this because this is the same thing that happens to me but with streaming. If I think about it to much my hand just tensing up really hard and I can't stream at all. I literally have to have my mind completely blank otherwise i just screw it up. I get a lot better at streaming when I just play streams without thinking about my technique or how fast i'm going. Plus, if i try to alternate my fingers really fast on a desk while watching my fingers I can only go the speed of like 120 bpm streams or maybe slower. I'm guessing this would apply to spinning too; if you have you trouble with spinning, try not to think about it and just do it.
RaneFire
Well... I agree with myself and with NixXSkate... lol.

You may have to focus solely on technique at first. Once you've got that sorted out, you can stop thinking about it and your skill will improve even more, this applies very strongly to your general accuracy as well. That's why a big emphasis is placed on getting the basics right first and only then should you mess around with the hard stuff.

But technique is also obtained through feeling. That's why I said you need to apply both sides of your brain. Shake your arm and try to spin, but analyse what you are inclined to do naturally, identify the problem and fix it while leaving the rest of your natural inclination untouched. Do this piece by piece until you have a technique. Fast spinning motion is too fast for thought.

NixXSkate wrote:

because it doesn't always come naturally.
Xcrypt
Once I've been able to get a spin with a max of 500 spins per minute. It was when I was playing Relax mode on Necrofantasia insane +DT and I had like an insane level of adrenaline rush going on. But I'm never able to go over 430 when I play normally. :(

Btw, I wonder if we can use spasms for an advantage in spin speed, just like we use arm spasm trills in o2jam/stepmania for certain spam sections.
Topic Starter
Roricon

Xcrypt wrote:

Once I've been able to get a spin with a max of 500 spins per minute. It was when I was playing Relax mode on Necrofantasia insane +DT and I had like an insane level of adrenaline rush going on. But I'm never able to go over 430 when I play normally. :(
you werent spinning at 500 spm relax doesnt show a correct spm. cause when i use relax i spin at 400 spm according to the meter.
Xcrypt
That doesn't mean the meter is wrong... It could be, but it's also possible that we're able to get higher spins because we only have to focus on mouse/pen hand.
RaneFire

Xcrypt wrote:

That doesn't mean the meter is wrong
It is. Don't use relax to measure any ability to play the game.
Xcrypt
based on what are you trying to convince me that the meters gives inaccurate results? If it's a bug, it's weird that the meter in non-relax mode doesn't bug too since it's probably the same object.
Topic Starter
Roricon
You can test it really easy try to spin like really slow at the same tempo in relax mode it will give you over 100 spm and in normal mode like 40spm.
Lolzy
spinner max rpm is 477 isn't it ?
Xcrypt
Well, it was something end 470 ish. I just rounded to 500 cuz it sounds impressive. 8-) I don't know if it has a limit though.
Topic Starter
Roricon
the auto spins at 477 but i dont know if that's the limit.
GoldenWolf
The spinner is "limited" at 477spm, it's possible to go faster than that but it'll still show 477 at max

Somehow you get way more spm with relax, it's really easy to go 470+, so yeah don't look at it with relax it's useless
Xcrypt

GoldenWolf wrote:

Somehow you get way more spm with relax, it's really easy to go 470+, so yeah don't look at it with relax it's useless
Damn, just when I thought I was finally good at something for once! haha
Topic Starter
Roricon
problem solved.
solution: razer deathadder
I'm really surprised how much off a difference it makes. I've borrowed a razer deathadder from a friend to try it (and I will buy one soon :p) and i couldn't believe my eyes. First time i ever used the deathadder to spin and I was spinning at 320-350 spm (same manner i used to spin with my old mouse :o).
RaneFire
I guess things are not recommended for a reason :P
Xcrypt
Nice. I'm getting a zowie FK. It should be even lighter and smaller than my razer taipan, and apparently the taipan had internal acceleration in the sensor. I bought it when I just started osu! and didn't care about aim all that much yet. I just assumed that razer mice were all good. Terrible mistake.
Ofcourse it's pointless to blame the mouse for performance, but I do hope my aim will improve faster without the accel. Now that I'm playing with 200 dpi and I have to make quick swipes across my mat it feels like I can really feel the accel.
Topic Starter
Roricon

Xcrypt wrote:

Nice. I'm getting a zowie FK. It should be even lighter and smaller than my razer taipan, and apparently the taipan had internal acceleration in the sensor. I bought it when I just started osu! and didn't care about aim all that much yet. I just assumed that razer mice were all good. Terrible mistake.
Ofcourse it's pointless to blame the mouse for performance, but I do hope my aim will improve faster without the accel. Now that I'm playing with 200 dpi and I have to make quick swipes across my mat it feels like I can really feel the accel.
It's amazing how much off a difference a mouse can make, I used to have really bad accuracy and now that i have my new razer deathadder my acc got a lot better (I played some maps that I completed yesterday to compare and I have average 3-5% more acc). And for some reason im better at hitting jumps now, I always tought that me missing the jumps was cause i tapped wrong. Ii would pass all circles but not actually tap them but with my new mouse i hit more but I have no idea why :p. Now I just need to find a new mousepad, my current one got to small now that i'm playing at 800 dpi.
OmnImouto
If you could use another mouse that might help, or just change your sensitivity setting, it's not too hard to get used to a new sensitivity.
KupcaH
Check out date before posting.