forum

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I've seen a lot more people here talk about this than I thought would...
anyway I want to play some multiplayer, so if you have it post your friend code, and we can set up a time to play, or you can play with another person who replies. My code is: 313656-631737
Can't wait to play online!
Also, discuss Campaign strategies here, I'm currently on Chapter 21, so I can provide help for 1-20.
GSR_old
I'm on Chapter 22 at the moment, damn fine game.

I have to say though, is it just me or does Waylon almost totally outclass Tasha? Yeah, she gets more attack, but he's got a bigger CO Zone and his power makes his air units all but invincible. Which is a shame, because I like using Tasha a lot more.

I would post my FC, but my DS lite got a bit wet and it's drying at the moment.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I just got to Chapter 22, it looks extremely easy because the CPU is so retarded and goes right into the blasting zone.
I just haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet.
Nocky_old
Same, on 22 myself.
Thing that sucks, however, is if you totally avoid the blast zone, you leave yourself at a constant disadvantage in both funds and troops, though half of theirs is just sitting there for defense.

Also, tip: The missile unit that is in range of that neutral airport that you can get early on?
They never refuel/repair it. Same goes with a rocket unit that they leave outside the blast range.

Also, Penny's theme is awesome.
GSR_old
I'm on the final mission now.

All I can say is, holy piss that's just not fair. ;_;
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I just beat the final mission, I didn't use the youtube walkthrough, it's pretty easy, you just gotta get lucky and be extremely aggressive...
going to watch the ending now.
Puffles
For anyone who hasn't tried this: hook your DS up to a speaker system with a subwoofer. The game has some seriously awesome techno tracks with a heavy bass kick that's totally inaudible over the tiny DS speakers.
peppy

Puffles wrote:

For anyone who hasn't tried this: hook your DS up to a speaker system with a subwoofer. The game has some seriously awesome techno tracks with a heavy bass kick that's totally inaudible over the tiny DS speakers.
Good to see you are still around here puffles! You should make some more beatmaps sometime *).

The first Advance Wars for DS had some really epic music too - I remember leaving it playing without actually playing the game just to listen to it :)
AoTenshi_old

GSR wrote:

I'm on the final mission now.

All I can say is, holy piss that's just not fair. ;_;
Same here GSR, and I must say "It's just sooooo unfair!!".
End Quote

Advance Wars: Dark Conflict/Days of Ruin (In Europe, The game is titled "Advance Wars: Dark Conlict") is truly an epic and the best Advance Wars game I have ever played so far. Its had a decent story-driven plot along with interesting character development, which I felt Duel Strike sort of lacked -.- (In my opinion, Jake is the most undeveloped character in the series).

I dueled a couple of folks and won them all so far, but I'm still looking for a worth opponents!
My Friend code is ---> 034484-406343
So if your up for a challenge, you found your man (A vetern of the pervious AW games)!
Leon Magnus
Who actually is playing for Wifi?
My Friend Code: 296613 866102
Orkel
I have this game for my DS. Can't connect to the WiFi for some reason though, it's really annoying. I remember spending days trying to figure it out but it never worked. Well it did once for about 30 minutes, and then it screwed up again.
Leon Magnus
i have too the same problem, my modem is model 2wire, i search in internet a guide for configure the modem.
Not necesary buy the usb wifi Nintendo.
Pasonia
Game was nice until hackers showed up on Wifi. lol.

The soap between Will and that mysterious girl was almost expected, and the departure in theme to the series it was derived from was cool... in a way, but it's a really huge disconnect.

Wonder if that's the reason there's no news (or little, if any) of any Advance Wars titles after this one.
Arusha Shuna
damn you hackers, you made me stop playing this game in multi :(
and damn you IS from removing advance campaign

...although the later chapters are really hard
Bestelle
Used to play this, until I realized I'd much rather see Dual Strike online. Not because of the whole two people thing, mainly because there's a lot of COs to choose from.
Otherwise I think I used that one chick you find in the very beginning of the game.
Azure_Kite
I'm currently stuck at the campaign mission where you have 40 or so days to win the battle. It's a largely sea-based map, drives me nuts.
Arusha Shuna

Azure_Kyte wrote:

I'm currently stuck at the campaign mission where you have 40 or so days to win the battle. It's a largely sea-based map, drives me nuts.
central island must be controlled first, guard the right bridge with some artillery covered with tanks, don't advance until you've build up your main force.

the left part of the map can be controlled later since there's a ton of battleships more than enough to blast capturing infantries off

for the sea part, stay away from cruisers, blast those battleships, and most importantly, carriers. with your sub and battleship
try to keep your naval unit alive, after you save some money, build carrier from central port, make seaplanes. boom.

a little bit of cheating but... use the save & load function. if you done this right, 40 days is just way, way too much

oops too much tips aagh no one will care anyways :/
Azure_Kite
I care. This will probably help me a lot; I do capture the central island first, but then I start to focus on controlling the bridges across to the enemy side, which isn't probably a good thing.
Arusha Shuna

Azure_Kyte wrote:

I care. This will probably help me a lot; I do capture the central island first, but then I start to focus on controlling the bridges across to the enemy side, which isn't probably a good thing.
well, across the right bridge lots of enemy tanks and artilleries are ready to blast your unit off, while in left bridge there are battleships.
enemy cruisers and seaplanes are your biggest threats. destroy them, or stay away from them if you're not fully prepared

since this is DoR. megatanks (war tanks) are trash, don't bother creating them. they'll cut your funds but provide low support
Md tanks are the best for CO unit (decent cost, high firepower, good armor, decent mobility)
rockets and artillery is nice to wreck enemy units
Rigs are needed for temp ports

also when you've controlled the bridge, tanks/artillery and seaplanes/battleships combo will work wonders

this is the end of tier 3. so don't give up now ;)

EDIT : blaaarggh i played this game too much :o
Aoui_Sempai
Ah AW:DR I played that all the time it was one of my fav games beat the story line and had map space full. Oh how I loved that game... Then my brother lost it in the RV.