forum

Where should I be at after three months of playing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
caldozza
Hi, I have been playing for about 3 months and have played about 4.5k times. I can play hard easily and scored in the top 50 for some (obviously lost my spot). I can play most insane songs not all. So my question is, is this good for how long I have been playing? be honest don't try to pat me on the back just tell me good or bad. thanks for reading.

one extra bit is it better to have lower sensitivity or higher because I have been hearing it's better to have lower is this true?
boat
not cookiezi? not good enough
Topic Starter
caldozza
I'm sorry I can't play the game with my eyes closed and still get 100%
AmaiHachimitsu
Yeah, it's pretty much okay for your playcount. Remember that it's easier to go from a beginner to advanced player than advanced onwards. This is the time when you might soon feel that you must push your limits.

Good luck and just don't become self-satisfied.
Topic Starter
caldozza
ok thanks for the tips. and don't worry I won't I have seen how good other people are
Coffee Hero
I've been playing for 4 months and I sometimes ask my self the same question. In my experience as long as you're consistently playing you should see yourself improve at a relatively fast rate especially in the first few months and in my eyes you're doing just fine. As for sensitivity, as long as it's not too low or too high and you're comfortable playing with it then theres no need to change it.
Pengua
Q: Where should I be?
A: Where you set your goals.
Zare
in your hometown, preferably
Icyteru
Top 32000 pp
Jsdfbn

Pengua wrote:

Q: Where should I be?
A: Where you set your goals.
^
El Koko

TSC wrote:

I've been playing for 4 months and I sometimes ask my self the same question. In my experience as long as you're consistently playing you should see yourself improve at a relatively fast rate especially in the first few months and in my eyes you're doing just fine. As for sensitivity, as long as it's not too low or too high and you're comfortable playing with it then theres no need to change it.

why are you so high with only 4 months

8 months here and im more or less at the same place

i hate people like you who get better faster

:(
Mamoru Senpai

Kokozord wrote:

TSC wrote:

Rank tells everything, doesn't it
El Koko

Mamoru Senpai wrote:

.......?
ityka

Kokozord wrote:

Mamoru Senpai wrote:

.......?
He's saying that rank doesnt matter.
usa
- Marco -

Kokozord wrote:

TSC wrote:

1 year and i can't f**** play insane fuckmylife :(
Xcrypt
I think a lot depends on experience with other rhythm games, how much you play, how you train and how hard you try.
I'm now 5 months in although I took a 2 months break - sort of. I can sometimes S easy insanes and clear half the mediocre insanes.
Although I played nearly every day and tried hard, I didn't really improve much on the maps I could clear until like a month ago, because I was training the wrong way. Was playing NF 60-75% score maps because I found that those were the most adrenaline pumping shiet out there, however because of that my accuracy got really bad and I kinda had to start all over with accuracy.
But honestly, the most important thing is that you feel you're doing good. I mean there will always be people who learn faster and better than you, so we all have to learn to deal with that. All you can do is give it your best shot to keep improving. And don't forget to have fun ^^
iSpR1Te

Xcrypt wrote:

I think a lot depends on experience with other rhythm games, how much you play, how you train and how hard you try.
I'm now 5 months in although I took a 2 months break - sort of. I can sometimes S easy insanes and clear half the mediocre insanes.
Although I played nearly every day and tried hard, I didn't really improve much on the maps I could clear until like a month ago, because I was training the wrong way. Was playing NF 60-75% score maps because I found that those were the most adrenaline pumping shiet out there, however because of that my accuracy got really bad and I kinda had to start all over with accuracy.
But honestly, the most important thing is that you feel you're doing good. I mean there will always be people who learn faster and better than you, so we all have to learn to deal with that. All you can do is give it your best shot to keep improving. And don't forget to have fun ^^
^This EXACTLY. I was going to post something like this but was to lazy to so thank you.

People that have prior experience in music or rhyme games will have much easier time getting into osu! thus will improve more quickly than someone that doesn't know anything about music. Everyone is going to be at a different skill level over a certain period a time.
Sir Goldenhawk
The way I get better at osu is by playing beatmaps that are out of my skill level. I play songs that are too difficult for me so I can adapt to the difficulty and then other songs of similar difficulties will come naturally easier to me. Therefore, overall I become better as a player. Also, I find that harder songs can be more fun because they are challenging and most often are faster than what I'm used to. So I also feel like I'm a pro lol Even if Im just trying to beat Just Awake by Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas on half time and can only last for about 30 seconds..... XD
Mamoru Senpai

ItachiUchihaha wrote:

The way I get better at osu is by playing beatmaps that are out of my skill level. I play songs that are too difficult for me so I can adapt to the difficulty and then other songs of similar difficulties will come naturally easier to me. Therefore, overall I become better as a player. Also, I find that harder songs can be more fun because they are challenging and most often are faster than what I'm used to. So I also feel like I'm a pro lol Even if Im just trying to beat Just Awake by Fear and Lothing in Las Vegas on half time and can only last for about 30 seconds..... XD
I figured out, that going the slowly way and learning the basics is quite better, than overlimiting yourself. You will have a lot of bad habits when you play later on and try to FC stuff. Happened to me. T_T
Topic Starter
caldozza
first off guy's thanks for all your tips, but I now have a new problem. Is it normal to get to a point where you dont control your arm anymore? I know that sounds stupid but I swear I don't control my arm anymore. So to recap is it normal to well feel as if you don't control your arm anymore?
Icyteru
I too, dont control my arm. The arm controls me.
Yano
After 1 Year i'm so bad like 3 Months ago -__-

Every Person plays in a other style and improve faster or slower than others

Just play and have fun
nyrox

usa wrote:

lol
Reminds me of my first 3 days playing osu, I got 1.5k playcount.
Kumiho
I've been playing for 3 months, and it's pretty much what TSC said. Make sure to challenge yourself, and play a bit everyday :)
orbital gun
do whatever i don't do
i suck
Soulg

[AirCoN] wrote:

I too, dont control my arm. The arm controls me.
Sometimes while playing a jumpy map on HD I'll do some jump pattern where the note was hidden under a slider and I didn't register it being there.

And then I go "what the fuck" because my arms are playing the game for me.
Topic Starter
caldozza
the reason I brought this up is because I had been playing for a long time I don't remember how long but a long time and I was doing better then I had ever done and I just can't do it again no matter how hard I try. So I tried not thinking when playing. sadly it didn't work
GoldenWolf
If you're talking about one map, you could have done a fluke run on it for example, so not being able to reproduce isn't abnormal
Ryuuzuki
8 months playing osu!, step by step... i can play hard beatmaps now XD but, when i get better and better... my mouse getting older and sometimes it frozen T_T
Novixion

GoldenWolf wrote:

If you're talking about one map, you could have done a fluke run on it for example, so not being able to reproduce isn't abnormal
I threw my stylus when i couldn't reproduce one of my scores after 30 tries.

Caldozza wrote:

the reason I brought this up is because I had been playing for a long time I don't remember how long but a long time and I was doing better then I had ever done and I just can't do it again no matter how hard I try. So I tried not thinking when playing. sadly it didn't work
Everyone has their ups and downs. If you start to feel frustrated when you think you are not improving, download some new maps, S those, then go back. btw you are doing pretty good for 4 months of gameplay.