I tried using 60i but with no success .. Look worse :(

Anyone have any experience on this? :)

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByE_lKy4OxjZMG1GZlZMR3JHZG8&export=download
Original 60fps video (761MB)

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByE_lKy4OxjZSGxhNlNwYmVpMFU&export=download
Downscaled version (161MB)

Edit : posted Youtube link + Raw
Jsdfbn
Did you upload raw or edit/render with something else?
lyut
I think youtube limits FPS on videos.

http://bit.ly/1dRuSIz
Shozonu
Well Youtube has a framerate limit of 30fps. The video doesn't look choppy really, it's just at 30fps and not 60fps. If you want, you can put it into a video editor and render it to 30fps with frame-blending. If you want to record for the sole purpose of uploading to Youtube, and you don't want to do much post-processing, you should consider just recording at 30fps.
Topic Starter
chengsiong

nihilist wrote:

Did you upload raw or edit/render with something else?
Nope, just uploaded raw :)

3lliot wrote:

I think youtube limits FPS on videos.

http://bit.ly/1dRuSIz
Ya I know that :)

Shozonu wrote:

Well Youtube has a framerate limit of 30fps. The video doesn't look choppy really, it's just at 30fps and not 60fps. If you want, you can put it into a video editor and render it to 30fps with frame-blending. If you want to record for the sole purpose of uploading to Youtube, and you don't want to do much post-processing, you should consider just recording at 30fps.
Hmmm.. So what will frame-blending do? I was begineer in this field ..Thanks :D
Shozonu

chengsiong wrote:

Since when you are rendering from 60fps down to 30fps, it will practically just take out every other frame in order to get down to 30fps. Frame blending uses the frames that are supposed to be taken out and blends them (to a point) to the previous frame that is supposed to stay. If you pause a frame blended video, you will be able to faintly see the frame that was taken out. Personally, I don't like using frame blending because that faintly visible frame bothers me, but it does help make videos seem more fluid.

What you should do instead of uploading raw is use some sort of video transcoder or converter to process the raw video into preferably the h.264 codec and into a .mp4 container. It should cut down on the size and make uploading faster.

Also, one thing to note is that when you upload videos to Youtube, it also processes your video. It usually makes the quality worse than what you upload.
Topic Starter
chengsiong

Shozonu wrote:

chengsiong wrote:

Since when you are rendering from 60fps down to 30fps, it will practically just take out every other frame in order to get down to 30fps. Frame blending uses the frames that are supposed to be taken out and blends them (to a point) to the previous frame that is supposed to stay. If you pause a frame blended video, you will be able to faintly see the frame that was taken out. Personally, I don't like using frame blending because that faintly visible frame bothers me, but it does help make videos seem more fluid.

What you should do instead of uploading raw is use some sort of video transcoder or converter to process the raw video into preferably the h.264 codec and into a .mp4 container. It should cut down on the size and make uploading faster.

Also, one thing to note is that when you upload videos to Youtube, it also processes your video. It usually makes the quality worse than what you upload.
Hmmm.. Based on my searching I found that motion blur is also a choice?
Will it do good? :)
Shozonu

chengsiong wrote:

Will it do good? :)
Yes, I actually prefer using motion blur, however, motion blur significantly increases the render time. I remember a 4 minute 1080p 30fps clip taking around 40 minutes on my computer to render and transcode to h.264.
Kitsunemimi
Mind you, motion blur is the term used to refer to frame blending in Vegas. Except if you use that, it will typically result in tipsy trails and it looks really ugly (in other words, frame blending more than one frame). Another term for frame blending is "frame interpolation", by the way. I also personally dislike this (it makes videos harder to watch imo, and it looks like you're using a crappy ass LCD screen that has a 100ms response time), but some people tend to use it anyways. Frankly, there isn't much you can do about 30 FPS, so you can try frame blending if you want, otherwise, plain 30 FPS is pretty common.
Topic Starter
chengsiong
seems like not much choice available ... Thanks for all your reply^^
IppE
Oh but you do have a solution.

Function SmoothFPS (clip c, float "str"){
str = default( str, 0.5 )
vid1=SelectEven(c)
vid2=SelectOdd(c)
overlay(vid2,vid1,mode="blend",opacity=str)
return last
}

:3c