forum

hitsound Volume

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley
Hi, will changing the hitsound volume affect your gameplay? Will changing it lower affect the way you play when it is usually higher? If so, does the effect result in a positive playstyle or bring complications? I've always played with my hitsounds louder than my music so I would like to know your opinions on this, Thanks!
fsxd_old
just change your volume and find what works for you
Soulg
it really helps to have them audible over the music, to give you an idea of how the beat of the song is. if the song is mapped "well", you can use it mentally to do difficult patterns better
shortpotato

fsxd wrote:

just change your volume and find what works for you
lyut
I personally play with max effects volume and lower music volume but it's up to your preference.
;)
Gigo
Some players don't like having hitsounds because they just want to listen to the music and the hitsounds are annoying for them. Personally, I have the hitsounds at max volume, because it helps me keep rhythm (and I just like the clicky sound :D ). Honestly, I can't think of any advantage you would gain by turning hitsounds off. If you just want to listen to the music, play an mp3 file... but if you want to be good at this game, hitsounds give you a distinct advantage.
EcksDee
Playing without hitsounds is IMO a horrible idea. Osu! is a rhythm game. Listening to the beats and sounds is just as important as listening to the music.
RaneFire
Depends on you. If you can discern the exact rhythm timing from just the music... fine, rare... but fine. Most people use hitsounds as a rhythm aid, as intended. I personally like matching the hitsounds to the music (pretty sure that applies to almost everyone though) and for that I need them to be at least the same volume.