forum

Improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raddy
Hi!

So 5 months ago I made this account, but I really started playing about 3 and a half months ago.

I'm currently around rank 5000, but it's primarily because I'm good at hidden and my accuracy is pretty good etc. I'm not nearly good enough generally speaking.

So I can play a good amount of insane songs. but I've always been focused on playing songs I could fc, because I thought I would improve more steadily.

Unfortunately, most people my rank can play songs like with a dance number or faster songs like that

So my question is: how can I get there? Should I be playing songs that I can't fc? or certain types of songs? I can stream just fine, it's just improving my jumps and stuff.
Almost
People your rank can maybe pass those maps but very few could FC or even rack up a high combo for it and those people would be ranked a lot higher in terms of skill (like top 1000). Just play whatever you find is fun for you but don't play too many things that are easy for you.
Soulg
first step is to not really pay attention to your rank. the current PP system isn't very accurate at all, and hopefully the new one will fix a lot of the problems.

Also, you seem to play normals/easies a lot (looking at recent activity), you won't improve on these 99% of the time. hards too, unless it's actually difficult for you with HDDT, you won't improve.

You should play songs that you can FC, but not easily. If you can play it once and SS it without even coming close to missing, try it with HR. If you have to play a map a few times to FC it's fine, but don't play songs that you absolutely can't FC (they may be fun but you won't improve)
Topic Starter
Raddy

Soulg wrote:

first step is to not really pay attention to your rank. the current PP system isn't very accurate at all, and hopefully the new one will fix a lot of the problems.

Also, you seem to play normals/easies a lot (looking at recent activity), you won't improve on these 99% of the time. hards too, unless it's actually difficult for you with HDDT, you won't improve.

You should play songs that you can FC, but not easily. If you can play it once and SS it without even coming close to missing, try it with HR. If you have to play a map a few times to FC it's fine, but don't play songs that you absolutely can't FC (they may be fun but you won't improve)

My recents don't really reflect how I normally play. I was just farming top 50's cuz I promised by 5 months of playing I'd have 100.

So like I've fced some insanes like saeed and frightfully insane whatever and pikagirl, but idk if I'm improving :/
Pengua

Soulg wrote:

-snip-
I've only FC'd about 13 times in the 7 months I've played. I can safely say that playing songs I absolutely can't FC has helped me improve.
iSpR1Te

Pengua wrote:

Soulg wrote:

-snip-
I've only FC'd about 13 times in the 7 months I've played. I can safely say that playing songs I absolutely can't FC has helped me improve.
Improve at spamming your keyboard to pass maps? Playing ONLY songs you can't fc very bad routine to get into. You will develop bad habits and not have very good accuracy.
Pengua

iSpR1Te wrote:

-snip-

Improve at spamming your keyboard to pass maps? Playing ONLY songs you can't fc very bad habit to get into. You will develop bad habits and not have very good accuracy.
Don't worry, I don't spam my keyboard. I play mouse-only. :3
And no, not ONLY, I just like a challenge.
Almost

iSpR1Te wrote:

Pengua wrote:

Improve at spamming your keyboard to pass maps? Playing ONLY songs you can't fc very bad routine to get into. You will develop bad habits and not have very good accuracy.
It's only bad if you are playing songs you literally can't play at all. Maps that you have no chance to FC but where you still know what to do are fine.
EcksDee

iSpR1Te wrote:

Why does "Playing very hard maps you can't FC" equal "keyboard spamming"
RaneFire

EcksDee wrote:

iSpR1Te wrote:

Why does "Playing very hard maps you can't FC" equal "keyboard spamming"
It applies to maps which are not "jump heavy," where aim is not a problem.

In that case playing something you can't FC is rather detrimental, but only if you are not fully aware of what needs to be pressed at what time. If the speed is only slightly too fast, but everything is comprehensible, then it's fine.

There's a reason it's called keyboard spamming. "Spam" = senseless. Not spamming is fine, even if it's too fast for you. "FC'able" is closer to the operative term though, not "haven't FC'd" or "can't FC" for whatever reason.