forum

Are there any tips on how to do quick sliders?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FoxSilver
i find quick sliders in the midst of streams and series of quick sliders in songs at 170-180 bpm+ hard. These short sliders usually come very quickly. Any tips on how to do them?
Icyteru
Listen to the music.

Focus on the hitcircle.

Pick 2.
shortpotato
spam
Bauxe
If they are short you generally don't need to follow them at all.
PlasticSmoothie
Treat them like a hitcircle if they're very small.
El Koko
click on them
Hanyuu
Ignore slider end
darkmiz

Hanyuu wrote:

Ignore slider end
only works for short sliders
Zare
click

hold

let go.

srs tho, if they're 1/4 sliders without reverse arrows, treat them like 1/2 circles, don't bother alternating them or someshit.
If they have reverse arrows, hold it until the next object has to be clicked or until it just ends
Liiraye
The rhythm is always key. Focus on aiming as if they are mere circles and listen to the rhythm rather than the approach circle. If you can't do that then try an easier map for now o/
RaneFire

Zarerion wrote:

srs tho, if they're 1/4 sliders without reverse arrows, treat them like 1/2 circles, don't bother alternating them or someshit.
If they have reverse arrows, hold it until the next object has to be clicked or until it just ends
I have a really weird habit... and it took me a few months just to realise exactly what it was.

If these 1/4 sliders (1/2 spaced) are in a pattern which can be played with a flow style of aiming, or an easily readable pattern of jumps, I alternate them (Just like a slider stream).
If they are in a pattern which requires note-snapping because they are at variable distance spacing from each other, I single-tap them like 1/2 jumps. If the sliders (2 or 3) are part of a pattern with a rather random amount of notes in between (not a stream), I single-tap them and do the intermediate patterns the same. (edit 4 times to try explain this right but I still can't, think "awkward" patterns.)