forum

[Archived] osu choppy when on trying to stream on capable hardware

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
defused bomb
Problem Details: I can get around 300fps in game while in full screen. Once I go to windowed mode I'm getting 60 or less and the game lags like crazy.

I have an intel 4700MQ and a nvidia gtx 765M in my laptop and I can run games like Battlefield 4 and Planetside 2 which are very cpu intensive on high graphic settings but for some reason but whenever I go to windowed mode with osu my fps plummets and I can't stream because of it. I don't think it's a hardware limitation. Is there a way I can improve my framerates in windowed mode?

osu! version: 20131113.2 (latest)
Topic Starter
defused bomb
I also get a lot more cursor lag in windowed mode. It feels like acceleration is on when in it.
iSpR1Te
I believe disabling something called windows aero will increase your fps when you are in windowed mode. It basically takes away all the pretty features on your desktop. When you are in full screen windows automatically disables aero so that's why you have good fps in full screen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

Edit: Ok I think I found it https://osu.zendesk.com/entries/2561096 ... -Solutions

Edit: Tried to research it on osu! cite but it seems that the search button is bugged. Type in any word and it won't find anything no matter what.
Topic Starter
defused bomb
I turned off those settings. I'm not getting about 90 fps in windowed mode but it still feels very choppy. That and the mouse lag is still apparent although slight