Unrankble,yeah?
AngelHoney

-kevincela- wrote:

soooooon
okay , call me back when you ready XD

i will fix something for better~ ;p
Topic Starter
-kevincela-
Fixed part of TheDizzeY's mod and fixed various colorhaxs in the Hard and Insane diff!
AngelHoney
Nakette
This is just beautiful...*speechless*
AngelHoney
Favourited 99 times in total !
Jenny
Topic Starter
-kevincela-

AngelHoney wrote:

Favourited 99 times in total !
100 now! :D
Dark Fang
stack stack
sheela
Hey -kevincela-. I really love the song, I decide to mod it~

Easy

1. 00:08:512 - I don't see why the point on 00:08:512 has a lower volume than the first point. As I listen, the part at 00:08:512 is more louder than 00:02:512 . Also, in my opinion, there's "important" beat like 00:09:262 . This is for all of the difficulties.
  2. 01:29:137 (2) - Remove this note? As you did to 01:26:137 , you let a little space, and keeps the consistency. Unless. add a note to 01:26:137 to complete the rhythm. I feel that it's left alone. And add a note at 01:23:137 as well.
  3. 01:45:262 (1) - Move this to x:238 y:250? In my opinion, it follows the the previous slider's curve. If you moved it, be sure to edit the curve of 01:46:012 (1) to fix the blanket.
  4. 01:52:762 (2) - The curve is a bit too outside. It touches a little the bottom.

Normal

1. 00:08:512 - Same thing as Easy.
  2. 00:21:637 (2) - Move this somewhere on the top of the previous object. The previous object indicates that you need to go up for the next object, but the next object is below.
  3. 00:28:012 (1,2) - Try this pattern?
    SPOILER

322,217,28012,6,0,P|369:140|313:50,1,195.00000743866,2|2,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    244,44,29137,1,0,0:0:0:0:
    The current one is okay, it's just that, personally, a slider's head on another slider's head makes a tiny bit not visible for me.
  4. 01:04:012 (1,2,3) - Add a tiny curve to each other?
    It's more pretty.
  5. 01:06:262 (5,6) - Switch place (Ctrl + G) each other? Since 01:05:137 (3,4) is shooting to the up, is best that an object is on the up. It follows the flow well.
  6. 01:49:387 (1) - Not if it's intentional, but it doesn't follow the vocal. The four previous objects follows it, and the next objects ( 01:50:512 - 01:57:637 ) also. Try adding a note first, then a 1/1 slider.
  7. 02:01:012 (1,2,3) - Replace it by a the rhythm as 02:02:512 (4,5) ? The next objects use as well.
  8. 02:10:012 (1,2,3) - Same as 01:04:012 (1,2,3) . Makes it a little pretty.

Insane

1. 00:15:824 (2) - Make it straight? I thought it'll be the same as 00:16:387 (4) .
  2. 00:55:012 (1) - Flip it horizontally, then move it to x:166 y:52 so it follows 00:54:637 (5,6) (it makes a natural flow).
  3. 01:01:012 (1,2) - When the slider is on the blue tick, it sounds weird for me. It does fit with the vocal, but I don't know, it doesn't really fit. Turn it into a 1/2 slider sounds better. It also follows the rhythm.
Shot a star, so I shot another one~ The fact that the mapset and storyboard is really beautiful. A question for AngelHoney: Why is there no kiai mode in your difficulty?
Good Luck on ranking this map. Any question can be ask via PM in forum or in-game.
Timorisu
..Add DJNightmare into tags
Secretpipe

Timorisu wrote:

..Add DJNightmare into tags
This is so true.
kd plz
Autumn
GOGOGO
StarStarStar
Topic Starter
-kevincela-
Fixed part of the mod and added DJNightmare into the tags. Thanks :>
Avena
Add to tags: Symphonic Dubstep Electronic WAV.AV. Rayark
no kd
Card N'FoRcE
Hello.

- General: (Considerations and things you need to check/fix for the whole map)
  • I noticed you used the red color to color-code faster sliders. This in itself is an awesome thing, but that means the red color isn't needed in Easy and Normal, because they don't make any good use of it. I'd suggest to remove it from them.
- Storyboard:
  • sb\elements\backup.png isn't used anywhere, please remove it.
    At around 10 seconds: the right section of the storyboarded bar in the bottom is dilated upwards in a way that doesn't seem intentional while the rest of the bar is "idling". Can you look into that?
    There are numerous scripts that go up to the end of the mp3, while the maps end several seconds earlier. This makes osu wait until the storyboard ends, instead of ending after the last hitobject. I don't know exactly how SGL works, but i'm guessing the " var beatmapEnd = 151040;" is at fault and replacing it with something around 144000 should fix this.
- Easy:
  1. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    01:12:637 (3) - 01:15:637 (4) - 01:18:637 (4) - Removing these circles adds a bit more variety while also having this slower section feel "softer" than the others. In case you agree to this, slightly reposition 01:11:512 (2,1) - and 01:19:012 (1) - as well.
  2. .Errors/Mistakes: (Bad gameplay issues or badly applied changes)
    01:44:137 (2,1) - I'm guessing this stack is done manually, but it's so awkward because it's not used anywhere else that i'm pretty sure you should just go with a standard one or slightly adjust it this way:
- Normal:
  1. .Opinions: (Just some thoughts, I'd personally like if you follow them)
    This may look like being nitpicky, but having circle size at 3.8 or 3.9 is a lot better. The slender sliders make the circles look smaller than they actually are and doing this mitigates the effect.
    01:12:637 (5) - 01:15:637 (5) - 01:18:637 (4) - Same thing as Easy. While less "important" here, i still believe you could consider it.
  2. .Suggestions: (Fixing this should make gameplay/aesthetics a bit better)
    01:39:262 (5) - add whistle (normal soundset addition) to the end? It would be ore consistent to 01:36:637 (6). In the same matter, why no whistles in 01:42:262 (4,5) - as well?
- Hard:
    01:18:918 - i expected something to be here and that led me to a mistake. Nothing is wrong as it is now, but a full stream is easily more expected and intuitive than breaking it. A Please remember that adding the beat would require to fix the pattern accordingly.
    02:11:137 (3) - this is quite a sudden change of jumping patterns here. have no issue with the jump itself, but the way it's done is incredibly out of place when compared to the others that are more subtle. Considering you're working on a new section of the song, you could actually work on 02:13:574 (2) - to make a similiar jump: that would both fix consistency and add variety.
- Insane:
  1. .Errors/Mistakes: (Bad gameplay issues or badly applied changes)
    00:13:012 (1,2) - inconsistency in new combo: like the other difficulties, the new combo should be at 00:13:762 (2)
    01:01:012 (1,2) - inconsistency in this pattern: it's wasy to misread (2) as /2 instead of /4 because of all the other previous patterns.
- AngelHoney's ExtrA:
    I don't understand why the capitalized "A" in "ExtrA", but heh.
    Even if noticeable enough, it would be nice to have the slower sliders starting at 01:22:012 color-coded like the other difficulties.
    This difficulty is not using any kiai sections. I'm guessing it is intentional but considering i haven't checked all the other modposts i want to point it out anyway.
    00:23:699 (1) - this should end at 00:26:418.
    01:08:137 (5) - this slider ends to nothing. Having a simple beat and starting the spinner earlier seems fine.
Very nice and polished set overall and the SB is a very nice touch.
OnosakiHito
Wow, nice to see CNF again.

Anyway, Kevin. Would you like to have Taiko in your set? My maps are already finished and even modded in another(graveyard) set.
Finding a BAT wouldn't be a problem anymore.
Topic Starter
-kevincela-

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Hello.

• I noticed you used the red color to color-code faster sliders. This in itself is an awesome thing, but that means the red color isn't needed in Easy and Normal, because they don't make any good use of it. I'd suggest to remove it from them. Done!
- Storyboard:
    At around 10 seconds: the right section of the storyboarded bar in the bottom is dilated upwards in a way that doesn't seem intentional while the rest of the bar is "idling". Can you look into that?
    There are numerous scripts that go up to the end of the mp3, while the maps end several seconds earlier. This makes osu wait until the storyboard ends, instead of ending after the last hitobject. I don't know exactly how SGL works, but i'm guessing the " var beatmapEnd = 151040;" is at fault and replacing it with something around 144000 should fix this.I'll call DJNightmare soon to have a look at your points soon!
- Easy:
    01:12:637 (3) - 01:15:637 (4) - 01:18:637 (4) - Removing these circles adds a bit more variety while also having this slower section feel "softer" than the others. In case you agree to this, slightly reposition 01:11:512 (2,1) - and 01:19:012 (1) - as well. I've removed the first 2 circles but not the last one, as I think it goes really well with the sustained kicks in that part
    01:44:137 (2,1) - I'm guessing this stack is done manually, but it's so awkward because it's not used anywhere else that i'm pretty sure you should just go with a standard one or slightly adjust it this way: Done!
- Normal:
    This may look like being nitpicky, but having circle size at 3.8 or 3.9 is a lot better. The slender sliders make the circles look smaller than they actually are and doing this mitigates the effect. Nice catch!
    01:12:637 (5) - 01:15:637 (5) - 01:18:637 (4) - Same thing as Easy. While less "important" here, i still believe you could consider it. This time I don't think it works that well here considering the idea I had in mind for these patterns
    01:39:262 (5) - add whistle (normal soundset addition) to the end? It would be ore consistent to 01:36:637 (6). In the same matter, why no whistles in 01:42:262 (4,5) - as well?I still didn't add the whistles because I added them when there were high-pitched synth chords, whereas there are almost none here
- Hard:
    01:18:918 - i expected something to be here and that led me to a mistake. Nothing is wrong as it is now, but a full stream is easily more expected and intuitive than breaking it. A Please remember that adding the beat would require to fix the pattern accordingly. I see what you mean here, though I'll have to consider a bit how to structure the pattern after this changement. Will probably fix soon after the next mod
    02:11:137 (3) - this is quite a sudden change of jumping patterns here. have no issue with the jump itself, but the way it's done is incredibly out of place when compared to the others that are more subtle. Considering you're working on a new section of the song, you could actually work on 02:13:574 (2) - to make a similiar jump: that would both fix consistency and add variety. Reworked both of them!
- Insane:
    00:13:012 (1,2) - inconsistency in new combo: like the other difficulties, the new combo should be at 00:13:762 (2) Done
    01:01:012 (1,2) - inconsistency in this pattern: it's wasy to misread (2) as /2 instead of /4 because of all the other previous patterns. I also agree, though I have to see how to structure the pattern now
Thanks!
@Ono: I could consider that, but I'm still not sure about having other diffs in the mapset. I will contact you later saying if I'll accept your offer or not
AngelHoney

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Hello.

- AngelHoney's ExtrA:
    I don't understand why the capitalized "A" in "ExtrA", but heh. ww
    Even if noticeable enough, it would be nice to have the slower sliders starting at 01:22:012 color-coded like the other difficulties. okay, maybe its better now ?!
    This difficulty is not using any kiai sections. I'm guessing it is intentional but considering i haven't checked all the other modposts i want to point it out anyway. i dont like kiai to hurt my eyes ...and SB is enough cool w
    00:23:699 (1) - this should end at 00:26:418. okay done
    01:08:137 (5) - this slider ends to nothing. Having a simple beat and starting the spinner earlier seems fine. okay
Very nice and polished set overall and the SB is a very nice touch.
thank you so much cnf ;p http://puu.sh/bkxN9/2d88df788a.osu
DJNightmare

-kevincela- wrote:

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Hello.

• I noticed you used the red color to color-code faster sliders. This in itself is an awesome thing, but that means the red color isn't needed in Easy and Normal, because they don't make any good use of it. I'd suggest to remove it from them. Done!
- Storyboard:
    There are numerous scripts that go up to the end of the mp3, while the maps end several seconds earlier. This makes osu wait until the storyboard ends, instead of ending after the last hitobject. I don't know exactly how SGL works, but i'm guessing the " var beatmapEnd = 151040;" is at fault and replacing it with something around 144000 should fix this.I'll call DJNightmare soon to have a look at your points soon!
- Easy:
    01:12:637 (3) - 01:15:637 (4) - 01:18:637 (4) - Removing these circles adds a bit more variety while also having this slower section feel "softer" than the others. In case you agree to this, slightly reposition 01:11:512 (2,1) - and 01:19:012 (1) - as well. I've removed the first 2 circles but not the last one, as I think it goes really well with the sustained kicks in that part
    01:44:137 (2,1) - I'm guessing this stack is done manually, but it's so awkward because it's not used anywhere else that i'm pretty sure you should just go with a standard one or slightly adjust it this way: Done!
- Normal:
    This may look like being nitpicky, but having circle size at 3.8 or 3.9 is a lot better. The slender sliders make the circles look smaller than they actually are and doing this mitigates the effect. Nice catch!
    01:12:637 (5) - 01:15:637 (5) - 01:18:637 (4) - Same thing as Easy. While less "important" here, i still believe you could consider it. This time I don't think it works that well here considering the idea I had in mind for these patterns
    01:39:262 (5) - add whistle (normal soundset addition) to the end? It would be ore consistent to 01:36:637 (6). In the same matter, why no whistles in 01:42:262 (4,5) - as well?I still didn't add the whistles because I added them when there were high-pitched synth chords, whereas there are almost none here
- Hard:
    01:18:918 - i expected something to be here and that led me to a mistake. Nothing is wrong as it is now, but a full stream is easily more expected and intuitive than breaking it. A Please remember that adding the beat would require to fix the pattern accordingly. I see what you mean here, though I'll have to consider a bit how to structure the pattern after this changement. Will probably fix soon after the next mod
    02:11:137 (3) - this is quite a sudden change of jumping patterns here. have no issue with the jump itself, but the way it's done is incredibly out of place when compared to the others that are more subtle. Considering you're working on a new section of the song, you could actually work on 02:13:574 (2) - to make a similiar jump: that would both fix consistency and add variety. Reworked both of them!
- Insane:
    00:13:012 (1,2) - inconsistency in new combo: like the other difficulties, the new combo should be at 00:13:762 (2) Done
    01:01:012 (1,2) - inconsistency in this pattern: it's wasy to misread (2) as /2 instead of /4 because of all the other previous patterns. I also agree, though I have to see how to structure the pattern now
Thanks!
@Ono: I could consider that, but I'm still not sure about having other diffs in the mapset. I will contact you later saying if I'll accept your offer or not
Sorry for the long hiatus, i'll fix it over the weekend. I also have to finish up some other storyboard too ;u;
I'll consult CNF if I have questions :o
Secretpipe
Hello there.

We basically rechecked the map by an IRC log.
We also fixed some things :

1. Some NCs
  2. Fixed straight and weird pattern
  3. Fixed some curves
  4. And minor things
IRC log :
13:05 Secretpipe: Please ><
13:05 Secretpipe: You never answer
13:05 -kevincela-: oki
13:05 *Secretpipe is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/344756 M2U feat. Guriri - Magnolia [Easy]]
13:09 Secretpipe: 01:47:512 (3) - I don't know if it's really hard for a beginner to click here cause the note is stacked
13:09 -kevincela-: i don't think it's a really big problem
13:10 Secretpipe: Same
13:10 Secretpipe: 01:50:887 (3,4,5) - eeeh what happened with the spacing here
13:10 -kevincela-: there's enough reaction time to recognize and hit the note
13:10 -kevincela-: done on purpose to emphatise the "la cri mo sa" section
13:10 Secretpipe: why not o/
13:10 -kevincela-: I think it works really good there :<
13:11 Secretpipe: Yeah
13:11 Secretpipe: I just follow the rules mate xD
13:11 Secretpipe: If you think as a BAT that it's fine then it's fine
13:11 -kevincela-: np haha
13:11 Secretpipe: wow , this is really good , I need to pay you for makin' my Easy/Normal mapset /me runs
13:12 Secretpipe: let's continue
13:12 -kevincela-: haha i've just made so many easy guest diffs
13:12 Secretpipe: yeah lol
13:12 Secretpipe: 02:20:324 (1) - Are you sure it finish on a blue tick ,
13:12 Secretpipe: ?
13:13 Secretpipe: After that , let's move on Normal o/
13:14 -kevincela-: well that's where i hear the breath
13:14 Secretpipe: yeah
13:14 -kevincela-: or at least it's around there
13:15 *Secretpipe is editing [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/392866 M2U feat. Guriri - Magnolia [Normal]]
13:16 Secretpipe: 00:59:512 (2) - Maybe you can add a New Combo for t
13:16 Secretpipe: emphasize the scream
13:16 Secretpipe: *
13:17 -kevincela-: ok
13:18 -kevincela-: done also on the other kiai
13:18 Secretpipe: sure
13:18 Secretpipe: 01:04:012 (1,2,3) - this pattern is bothering me because it's "too straight"
13:19 -kevincela-: i get what you mean
13:19 -kevincela-: though I really like how they play with the progression
13:20 Secretpipe: Don't worry , the flow is still here but I guess you could add some curves like that http://puu.sh/c07I7.jpg
13:20 Secretpipe: Also , I think I already mentionned it in a old mod :P
13:20 -kevincela-: yep
13:21 -kevincela-: ok then, added some curves
13:22 Secretpipe: You're not forced to do it mate \o
13:23 -kevincela-: don't worry about that, i found some curves that continued the pattern quite well
13:23 Secretpipe: 01:39:262 (5) - Maybe you could curve it a biiiiiiit for blanketing 01:38:887 (4) - . I got inspired by 01:30:637 (5,1) -
13:23 Secretpipe: Sure!
13:24 -kevincela-: about that it's made to be parallel to 01:37:762 (2) - :p
13:25 Secretpipe: :P
13:25 Secretpipe: 01:40:762 (2,3,4) - That triangle could be much better :P
13:26 -kevincela-: fixed
13:26 Secretpipe: 02:02:512 (4,5) - I guess the transition could be better
13:27 Secretpipe: 02:10:012 (1,2,3) - Same thing as 01:04:012 (1,2,3) - , you can copy/paste *hides*
13:28 -kevincela-: both should be fixed
13:29 Secretpipe: nice
13:29 Secretpipe: Tell me when we can move on Hard
13:31 -kevincela-: ok i'm ready
13:32 Secretpipe: testing first
13:35 Secretpipe: 00:23:512 (2) - NC
13:36 -kevincela-: ok
13:38 Secretpipe: let's move on insane
13:38 Secretpipe: Great Hard
13:38 Secretpipe: :D
13:39 -kevincela-: <3
13:39 -kevincela-: wait a sec i am checking if colorhax is ok
13:39 Secretpipe: Sure
13:39 Secretpipe: btw , can you fix things for Angelhoney ? owo
13:39 -kevincela-: ok, done
13:40 -kevincela-: i don't know if i can
13:40 Secretpipe: (*cough* I really want to bubble this mapset today *cough*
13:40 Secretpipe: Angelhoney didn't log since 27 days ;~;
13:41 -kevincela-: well then i'll see what you have to say about the diff
13:41 -kevincela-: if they are little fixes i'll try to fix
13:41 Secretpipe: yeah
13:46 Secretpipe: Spotted no issues too here OWO
13:46 Secretpipe: 02:19:949 (3) - Just this
13:47 Secretpipe: I don't think it matches perfectly with the song
13:47 Secretpipe: but it's up to you
13:48 -kevincela-: hmm not sure about that
13:49 Secretpipe: Call me when we can check Honey's Extra
13:50 -kevincela-: i'm ready
13:50 -kevincela-: didn't fix the slider in the insane since i still think it follows the piano chord well
13:53 Secretpipe: sure
13:53 Secretpipe: Also , the extra is bothering me cause it uses many different rhythms
13:54 Secretpipe: Also , there's NO kiai in Honey's diff
13:54 -kevincela-: yeah, that's his choice
13:54 Secretpipe: is this even unrankable ?,
13:55 -kevincela-: the kiai thing isn't unrankable
13:56 Secretpipe: 01:57:262 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - I guess the stream could be curved
13:56 Secretpipe: for increasing flow blablah
13:57 -kevincela-: actually i think it's okay as it is, since it follows the slider's curve quite well there xD
13:57 Secretpipe: I was sure you'll point it
13:57 Secretpipe: aright
13:57 Secretpipe: alright*
13:57 Secretpipe: Also , the end isn't mapped :x
13:58 -kevincela-: that's also his choice haha
14:00 Secretpipe: Just read the ranking criteria
14:00 Secretpipe: it's not unrankable
14:00 Secretpipe: But I guess he could continue mapping :/
14:01 -kevincela-: heh it's his choice there, not much i can do
14:02 Secretpipe: Yeah
14:02 Secretpipe: Update please
14:02 Secretpipe: I'll be able to recheck minor things I mentionned
14:04 -kevincela-: done
14:07 Secretpipe: Well , I think I'm just going to bubble this >3<
14:07 Secretpipe: Rechecked the minor issues , it should be fine now
14:08 -kevincela-: \:D/
14:08 Secretpipe: Just gimme a sec

We can't wait anymore for that amazing map!

Map bubbled
Topic Starter
-kevincela-
Thanks! :D
Aurele
Ranked
MrPotato
DID IT HAPPEN?
GRATS!
Aka
FBHNDSJKFNDSJKFNJFKEWNFJEWF CONGRATULATIONS
sheela
Finally! Congrats -kevincela-!
Mao
Magnolia is such an awesome song. Gratz! :3
Kyouren
Pls change genre.... This genre is Video Games English like JUDYDANNY map..... This song is soundtrack , you know. ..
Lust
Holy crap... finally!

Well deserved qualification, congratulations!
Gamu
finally!!

Congrats~ :)
se-no
rank congratz!

rly nice map
Rakuen
Congrats :)
Xinely
finally it's happening <3
Satellite
yay! congrats :3
Dark Fang
yay
Topic Starter
-kevincela-
Finally \:D/

Thanks to all the people who supported the map and also thanks for he congratulations! :D
Winshley
I actually get to know this song because of Brave Frontier. :lol:
Flask
yeseyesyeyseysyey
Secretpipe

Flask wrote:

yeseyesyeyseysyey
show more