forum

which is better if there is a better?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Angelism
So I kinda want to buy a red switch keyboard for osu. Im stuck between the CM storm rapid and the corsair k65. Which one is better if there is a better for play osu?
Shozonu
If you are looking for Cherry MX Reds, the Coolermaster one doesn't have it. In that case, the Corsair is your only bet.
However, I think the Cherry MX Brown option on the Coolermaster would be the best for osu! because it has a tactile "bump" when it actuates, unlike the Reds or Blacks. The Corsair one only has reds.

Other than that, you can settle for a Black with the Coolermaster one, which is basically the same as Red but requires slightly more force to push down.

If I had money, I would get a Cherry MX Brown switch keyboard because linear switches (Blacks, Reds, Browns) don't activate when you bottom out a key, it activates halfway. And with the Browns, the bump that you feel when it gets halfway is pretty useful, imo.
AmaiHachimitsu
If you are looking for Cherry MX Reds, the Coolermaster one doesn't have it
wut

CM Storm's Rapid's switches are MX Red whenever I checked on market.

However, I think the Cherry MX Brown option on the Coolermaster would be the best for osu! because it has a tactile "bump" when it actuates, unlike the Reds or Blacks. The Corsair one only has reds.
It's not that tactile bump is better in any way. I'd say it's easier to learn how to play with Browns, but Reds in theory are better.

Other than that, you can settle for a Black with the Coolermaster one, which is basically the same as Red but requires slightly more force to push down.
Though I agree that Black MIGHT be good for osu! (mainly stamina and consistent streaming <though not so fast>), I have to point out that when you don't look at numbers and use percents, Reds are 25% lighter than Blacks and THIS IS NOT SLIGHT difference.

If I had money, I would get a Cherry MX Brown switch keyboard because linear switches (Blacks, Reds, Browns) don't activate when you bottom out a key, it activates halfway. And with the Browns, the bump that you feel when it gets halfway is pretty useful, imo.
I think you should have noticed what nonsense you had written here, but ok. As to the tactility, it doesn't help much in long run, most players nearly bottom out anyway.
MiDNiGhT2903
It doesn't really matter what switch it is.
As long as you like it, like how I like Reds and I can do pretty okay with it.
Go with the CMStorm one, imo it has a better quality.

Alternative suggestion, Ducky keyboards 8D
I have both the Ducky 9087 and CMStorm QF Rapid, can't really decide which is better.
Please
Mathsma
Why not CM Storm Quickfire XT? Fully mech annd full size kb and cheap.
iSpR1Te

Shozonu wrote:

If you are looking for Cherry MX Reds, the Coolermaster one doesn't have it. In that case, the Corsair is your only bet.

Please just IGNORE this whole post. ^

You can buy reds with CM. I bought the CM storm stealth with red switches because it looked cool and I didn't need the number pad. CM has really god quality for the price. Basically there isn't much different between the two brands except for looks and maybe key positioning. The switches them selves will not differ between brands though.
winber1
reds are master race
chox_old
blacks are just fine, but if i could id probably get reds
wont be anytime soon coz 6gv2 is tank solid xD
Shozonu

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I checked on CM's website (link further down). If their own website is incorrect, well...that's a shame.

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Though I agree that Black MIGHT be good for osu! (mainly stamina and consistent streaming <though not so fast>), I have to point out that when you don't look at numbers and use percents, Reds are 25% lighter than Blacks and THIS IS NOT SLIGHT difference.
My bad, I know that Blacks use that much more force, but I somehow thought it was a good idea to use "slightly" as an adjective to describe the difference.

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I think you should have noticed what nonsense you had written here, but ok. As to the tactility, it doesn't help much in long run, most players nearly bottom out anyway.

The two pieces of metal that connect to complete a circuit contact when the switch is not yet bottomed out.

As far as my rambling about what switch is better and such, that's all conjecture. I would imagine that having some sort of feedback telling you that your keystroke has been registered would be rather beneficial. I haven't the opportunity to use switches other than Blues yet.

iSpR1Te wrote:

Please just IGNORE this whole post. ^

You can buy reds with CM. I bought the CM storm stealth with red switches because it looked cool and I didn't need the number pad. CM has really god quality for the price. Basically there isn't much different between the two brands except for looks and maybe key positioning. The switches them selves will not differ between brands though.
I was basing my post off the companys' web page for the boards and the fact that OP stated specifically the two boards:
CM Storm Rapid (http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyb ... firerapid/)
and Corsair K65 (http://www.corsair.com/us/gaming-periph ... board.html)

You can see that, at least as stated on the official page, the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid does not have Cherry Red switches as an option for that keyboard.

Obviously, CM (and Corsair + practically all other gaming keyboard manufacturers) offer the other variety of switches through their other products, but OP was asking specifically about these two keyboards.
Almost

Shozonu wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I checked on CM's website (link further down). If their own website is incorrect, well...that's a shame.
http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/quickfirerapidred/

Shozonu wrote:

The two pieces of metal that connect to complete a circuit contact when the switch is not yet bottomed out.

As far as my rambling about what switch is better and such, that's all conjecture. I would imagine that having some sort of feedback telling you that your keystroke has been registered would be rather beneficial. I haven't the opportunity to use switches other than Blues yet.
The tactile bump is a bit delayed and can actually make your accuracy worse.