forum

What is considered 'good'?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Raging Bull

Bauxe wrote:

Remember, most people in the OWC have 30-50k+ playcount, whist you only have 9k. As you play, you will improve. Simple as that.
Play count doesn't really help. There are quite a few people with 60+ play count and not that good.
kleps

iSpR1Te wrote:

are in a completely different skill level from each other
Oh so you are telling me that people who can FC certain map are better than people which can pass that map? Wow, never knew.

iSpR1Te wrote:

people that can FC it with DT
Except there are no such people, doubt that anyone else besides H4ppySt1ck has ever passed it.
iSpR1Te

sKyrOw wrote:

iSpR1Te wrote:

are in a completely different skill level from each other
Oh so you are telling me that people who can FC certain map are better than people which can pass that map? Wow, never knew.
Exactly. It takes a lot more skill to full combo a song than just clear a map with misses, for various reasons that you probably don't understand. This is especially true on very hard maps. If this wasn't true, then the ranking system would not reward people for Full Combos but give a larger reward for clearing extremely difficult feats.

sKyrOw wrote:

iSpR1Te wrote:

people that can FC it with DT
Except there are no such people, doubt that anyone else besides H4ppySt1ck has ever passed it.
Yup, was just an example. Used the same map as you used so you could relate/understand better.

Edit: for some reason I really feel the need to justify my opinion.. :o
AmaiHachimitsu
Play count doesn't really help.
The stupidest post in this thread.

Topic:
Good for me is above average + consistency. If you want to be considered "good" by me you should match my level, that's enough.

I consider myself good since I don't have what it takes to become serious killer or "pro" but there aren't many maps that I can't pass, making me "good". I try not to be prudish like most of players. I know what I am capable of and I don't think there's anything wrong with stating that (though people tend to call me "cocky" or "conceited", fair enough). Calling yourself shit is not okay IMO.

Ok, back to the topic again, I'll put it simply.

OWC Group Stage maps are quite easy so you should FC them in less than 10 tries (Roze is exception) in order to be "pretty good".

btw. why do people even ask about relative things? T.T
Oinari-sama
I think that question is hard to answer because the standard is constantly changing. There will be no breakthroughs if the bar has always stayed at the same height.

PlasticSmoothie
Good is what you call players better than you, generally. I've never known any osu! player who thought they were good players, everyone is always "But I can't do this and that, this other person is so much better"
In my opinion good players are consistent players. They don't randomly miss all the time and make less errors. Some will agree and some will disagree because it's all very subjective.
Bauxe

Raging Bull wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Remember, most people in the OWC have 30-50k+ playcount, whist you only have 9k. As you play, you will improve. Simple as that.
Play count doesn't really help. There are quite a few people with 60+ play count and not that good.
Because they spam restart every 10seconds. All I am saying is playing more will result in an increase in skill.
GoldenWolf

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

I've never known any osu! player who thought they were good players
but look at AmaiHachimitsu 2 posts above you

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

In my opinion good players are consistent players. They don't randomly miss all the time and make less errors.
i'm worst player evur ;_;
PlasticSmoothie

GoldenWolf wrote:

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

I've never known any osu! player who thought they were good players
but look at AmaiHachimitsu 2 posts above you

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

In my opinion good players are consistent players. They don't randomly miss all the time and make less errors.
i'm worst player evur ;_;
Should perhaps have clarified that I have never known/spoken to anyone who considers themselves good. By that I mean that sure loads of really good players will know that they are good but I have the impression it's pretty rare, since we all see those players that are better than us. :p
Icyteru
You're not good, and you never will be.
Luna
The better you become, the more you realize how utterly terrible you actually are.
-Soba-

Vmx wrote:

It's ok I can't pass owc maps too.
that feel

Raging Bull wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

):
MiDNiGhT2903
OWC maps mean nothing.
I can pass a good number of them, but I still suck QAQ
Just ignore it and play on.
buny
good is subjective but to me being good is being able to pass moderate insane difficulty with at least an A
silmarilen
what would you call a moderate insane?
kaminari69
OWC 2013 didn't know we can dl it somewhere :D
Almost

silmarilen wrote:

inb4 scarlet rose...
winber1

Almost wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

inb4 scarlet rose...
that's a moderate normal difficulty
jesse1412
I'm going to make osu! history and call myself good.

I am good.
AmaiHachimitsu
I consider myself good since I don't have what it takes to become serious killer or "pro" but there aren't many maps that I can't pass, making me "good"
Sry I was first.
strikeR
where do you find owc map packs?
GoldenWolf
buny

silmarilen wrote:

maps around this difficulty
Topic Starter
johandrossi

buny wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

maps around this difficulty
I can pass Taketori with an A! Does that mean you think I'm good Buny? :) :)
XK2238
"Good" (adj.):
1. being able to SS without musical aid
2. being able to FC without visual aid
3. being able to FC in the first try (bonus points if HDT / DTHR)
etc.

/me disappears
GoldenWolf

XK2238 wrote:

"Good" (adj.):
1. being able to SS without musical aid
2. being able to FC without visual aid
3. being able to FC in the first try (bonus points if HDT / DTHR)
etc.

/me disappears
without visual aid? wat.
Oinari-sama
I think me meant to say "Hax"
GoldenWolf
So, we're good when we can hax?

No wonder why Cookiezi was the best.
kisata

GoldenWolf wrote:

So, we're good when we can hax?

No wonder why Cookiezi was the best.
#shotsfired
Mikelicious

Aqo wrote:

you're good if you make goals for yourself and succeed to meet them

you're bad if you fail to meet your goals or play without any goals
XK2238

Oinari-sama wrote:

I think me meant to say "Hax"
no, you just don't know how it is

inb4 Taiko
Garr
I'm very good thanks.
And how are you today :)?
CXu

Aqo wrote:

you're good if you make goals for yourself and succeed to meet them

you're bad if you fail to meet your goals or play without any goals
Shit I must be shitplayer.

@ampzz: Good point.
ampzz

CXu wrote:

Shit I must be shitplayer.
You are, still can't stream to save your life.