forum

[Archived] I don't get it :I

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
As you all know, I am the noobiest noob at osu! Yet with another problem >_> Anyway, here it is.

I install loads of Skins (all .zip ones) and I drag it into my osu!, and it don't work. I always used that method, and it stopped working .-. Help
Marcin
What maps? (links)
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Oops...I'm stupid, I meant skins >.<
God...>_>
If the skin is .osk file, then you certainly can open it with osu!, I mean, by double clicking. Dragging it in... I'm not sure if it works.
Since you said the skin is .rar or .zip file, you need to unpack the .rar or .zip file by software like winrar or something similar, and put the folder into a folder named "skins" under osu!, create one yourself if there isn't one.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
I don't know how to use winwar or whatever it's called.
I now got it, and I'm on the setup, it's confusing o.o'
This thread is gonna literally save your life haha :arrow: t/51694
Number 9 in the first post is what you'll wanna find, just do it in the reversed steps :D

Btw .rar and .zip packages are some most commonly used ways to pack up a huge folder into smaller files, so you may find some usages of it in other places.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Um...I just completed the setup, I don't know how to get to the Archive, instead, it comes up with a bar saying stuff Like Add, Extract to, Test, Wizard etc. Plus, I don't have a skin file, I can't find any files for osu!, just the game itself.
Neroh
Download the skin file you wanted (the one with .zip/.rar at the end) then place it on your desktop. Make a new folder and place it inside here. With winrar now installed you should be able to right click the zip/rar and click extract here. If it extracts a .osk file then drag it into the game like you would before. If it extracts a bunch of files in a folder, copy the folder to the osu skins folder. This is found by going to My Computer, Disk C (C:), Program Files, osu!, skins. Then just paste it in here :)
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Thank you! All I had to do is make a new skin folder, and extract the .zip and it works! :D
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
WAIT, I'M WRONG -Facepalm-
It says fail to import. ;-;
Neroh
Link me the skin file and I'll screenshot some instructions for you on how to install it :D
Nathanael
Workaround: Rename '.zip' to '.osk' and drag it to your osu! window so osu! can recognize that its a skin.
By the way, why is thread got stickied with the other confirmed threads?
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

Nathanael wrote:

Workaround: Rename '.zip' to '.osk' and drag it to your osu! window so osu! can recognize that its a skin.
By the way, why is thread got stickied with the other confirmed threads?
1. I tried your method, in fact, it's the method I used before it didn't start working again.
2. Because I said, thank you, because I thought it was working, not anymore though.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

Neroh wrote:

Link me the skin file and I'll screenshot some instructions for you on how to install it :D
How do I do that? ._.
Neroh

OMGPingu wrote:

Neroh wrote:

How do I do that? ._.
Link me the page you downloaded it from :P
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Well, there are quite a few, I can't remember them all, but here's one.
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/38951
- Marco -
make sure that the zip/osk don't have a skin folder
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

marcostudios wrote:

make sure that the zip/osk don't have a skin folder
They did have a folder, but I extracted them to .osk file to make a beatmap file logo thing instead of just having it .rar or .zip, it still don't work.
- Marco -
I mean that don't be like the zip or osk have skin/whateveriscalled but have only the skin's name as the main folder
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
The skin name is the folder...I'm just getting confused xD
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Anyone know? :S
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
H...Help ;-;
darkmiz
just make him an osk file
Neroh
Sorry I didn't reply, I had a mute. I'm out at the moment, but will edit this post when I get home with instructions through image, could you reply and let me know your operating system for me please? You can find this out by right clicking 'My Computer' which may be just 'Computer' and choosing properties. Your windows model will be shown at the top.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

Neroh wrote:

Sorry I didn't reply, I had a mute. I'm out at the moment, but will edit this post when I get home with instructions through image, could you reply and let me know your operating system for me please? You can find this out by right clicking 'My Computer' which may be just 'Computer' and choosing properties. Your windows model will be shown at the top.
My windows model is an Acer.
Neroh
That is the PC make, it should say something such as 'Windows 7 Home Premium' or 'Windows XP Professional' etc.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

Neroh wrote:

That is the PC make, it should say something such as 'Windows 7 Home Premium' or 'Windows XP Professional' etc.
Ahh, It's a Windows 7 Home Premium. :)
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Now what? x3
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Help mwe ;n;
TheVileOne
This is something that should not be breaking. There is something wrong with your system. ._.
Lward53

That should help.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

Lward53 wrote:

That should help.
Um...not really. When I do it and make it a folder, it don't come up with stuff like Osk file or Skin, or any folder that was in the folder of the skin. (Confusing I know) but, it's just not working.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

TheVileOne wrote:

This is something that should not be breaking. There is something wrong with your system. ._.
What do you mean 'System'. The laptop itself?
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
I'm scared now, knowing that my 'System' is not working or something wrong with it.
show more