forum

A sudden improvement :o

posted
Total Posts
show more
RaneFire

Oinari-sama wrote:

I couldn't read anything AR>9 so I've been a no mod player all this time. Just a few days ago I was surprised to find myself close to FC'ing those AR7+HR TV Size maps in multi. It could be that I watched too much low quality OWC streams the whole weekend (thanks to crappy isp).
I just got this leap as well, I started FC'ing some AR10 maps like what... 3 days ago? And it feels sooooo comfortable to play now it's amazing, it's like I'm not playing whack-a-mole anymore. I've even stepped up my reading practice to AR10.3 and I'm DT'ing lower BPM's wherever I can.

I just don't understand it either.
Icyteru
Bauxe always so pro wtf you on about
GoldenWolf

Bauxe wrote:

I have days where I feel godly, then it is usually followed by a week of being shit.
^this
Illus
I had quite a lot of these moments. And soon after each one of those, I could do this "amazing stuff" on a regular basis.

It's quite terrifying to think that you're stagnating just to see that you have become some kind of Asian the next day. I think this happens to everyone, so you're not alone. As long as you try to learn stuff, you'll learn it (suddenly one day, and you don't know why :P). I think that's what makes this game so much fun.
Zare
Happens from time to time, it's when I feel I surpassed my own limits again. Kind of cool, and after such instances it usually gets easier for me to improve overall.
chox_old
>Did I go super saiyan in osu!?
xD
also that feel when you fc ar9 map (which is pretty hard for me) and then you see you're ranked like at 5k
iWhorse

Almost wrote:

I had a day where I could suddenly deathstream 220 bpm no problem. But I lost the ability to do so the next day...
I hate this
Mikelicious

Pettanko wrote:

no but I have many days where I suck more than usual and it makes me wanna quit
This .w.
Topic Starter
Kaitou Kid
Well I haven't lost the ability to read and play ar9s, its just the accuracy that's gone down a bit. More practice for me it seems XD.
Bonobo
I had days where my streaming hits 200+, then I can't play osu for a month due to pain.

I think it's safer to be shit for me
Swe_Wrestler
When it comes to aim i surprise myself all the time with good scores followed by failing miserably the next day, but when it comes to speed/reading it's almost always the same shit.
Topic Starter
Kaitou Kid

Bonobo wrote:

I had days where my streaming hits 200+, then I can't play osu for a month due to pain.

I think it's safer to be shit for me
Cant be that bad, ice helps :D, although when i stream i don't go that hardcore. and if you play a lot of streams you'll build up endurance and soon you'll be unable to feel anything while streaming(unless you lost the ability to move your hands D: while playing intense streams ).
Topic Starter
Kaitou Kid

Bauxe wrote:

I have days where I feel godly, then it is usually followed by a week of being shit.
I now know what you mean by that.
iWhorse
this didn't deserve a thread, let alone a necro
aBunny
when im really tired, i feel like god. then the next morning, i look at the horrible scores
[Alex]_old_1
Heh,
I guess everyone has the same kind of problem xD

But yeah with me basically, I am really shitty for months on end
Then suddenly I get a boost, then i get used to it and feel shitty again

and then i get the boost again

It's a endless circle~

But yeah, I think most people that've been playing for a rather long time are able to read(or atleast follow) a AR9 map xD
Weed
wow im dissapoint
Yano
Most time I have one day in a Month (Most time at weekend (Saturday)) but after this day I play the rest of the month like a piece of sh*t ...

But now it feels like I deteriorating me and this since over 3 Weeks

I think I need a Break but atm. I have 2-3 Std/Day and then I have not enough time to play a other game

Last time I had this Boost feeling was when i switched from a Blackwidow to a Corsair K70 (about 2 months ago)
Soulg
play super fast stuff that you can still follow. if you're not tired halfway through the song then you're doing it wrong.

you will improve very quickly. i know i am
Blueprint
@ranefire
Whack a mole I like the way you described it lol.

Hmm I'm good at osu nearing the end of my long session the next day I have to adjust to my tablet again play crap and at night feel godly If ive played osu all day

@soulg If that were the case tired I think I would play 1 song every hour xd the 1 song I can think of off the top of my head which I can follow. the whole map may as well be a stream to me :L I hate spam
Stoneybeans
i did have a similar experience about a month and a half ago when i finally bothered to turn off vysnc, increased fps cap past 60 and lowered my dpi from 500 to 400
other than that no, always a baddie
Illkryn
I randomly managed to FC a bunch of maps and replace half my best performance list today, really came out of nowhere
NotCookie_old

-MikexD- wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

no but I have many days where I suck more than usual and it makes me wanna quit
This .w.
Yea... some days I just want to pull a lewa
daredakke
I have bad days all the time, this whole week has been pretty bad in general too unfortunately.

It's more that I'm hard on myself for making what I consider silly errors. I know it'll pass and I'll get bette,r but progress feels slow these days.
Rewben2

Illkryn wrote:

I randomly managed to FC a bunch of maps and replace half my best performance list today, really came out of nowhere
This. I don't often get my top ranks on different days, I always get a few at the same time. Then the next day I try to redo it with better accuracy and can't even fc >.>