forum

Osu 360 controller support

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gjeratore
This has probably been done before, but I'd seen at some point, people saying that it was impossible to get a 360controller to work for osu.

Today I successfully managed to get osu working with a 360 control.
Although I failed miserably., I at least managed to show it was possible.
My sensitivity was waaay off.
Tonight I'm going to maximise the fun and hook up my hand drums to my PC via 'Makey-makey' and try get you guys a demonstration video using little hand drums for taiko.
Any other suggestions are appreciated.
I've used tinfoil on a hardwood floor as an entire keyboard.
Was plenty fun!

So yeah.
Throw any suggestions forward and I'll try get then out :)

EDIT: here's the video I forgot to add - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSgBJnYpwD ... =c4-feed-u
MiDNiGhT2903
this is too hard.....
but maybe it can be used to play taiko :D
Topic Starter
Gjeratore
Taiko and catch the beat are heaps easier with the control in my opinion :)
MarioBound
Osu! standard with a 360 controller is out of the question.
- Marco -
the question is: why?

(better have support for beatmania controller)
GenoClysm
I tried this the other day using my 360 gamepad and xpadder. Left and right triggers for K1 and K2, and one of the sticks to move around.
It was completley unplayable, it worked perfectly fine but there was no possible way to play efficiently like this.

so why
OMGasm
I just did it with s PS3 controller and MotionJoy.... Just as bad xD
JonnyThatJonny
I had a dream of playing osu with a G-con 2 lightgun, but it's out of the question with these modern lcd screens ):
giant panda
http://www.deinmeister.de/joymse_e.htm

Well this program allows the joystick to have absolute positioning like a tablet. So you can play osu! standard.
Chokladboll
I think it would be awesome for full support without any third party software, but for now, you've just gotta use something like Xpadder
RemmyX25

marcostudios wrote:

the question is: why?

(better have support for beatmania controller)
Better question is, why not?

many great ideas come out of performing silly ideas, even just as a simple tech demo.
- Marco -

RemmyX25 wrote:

many great ideas come out of performing silly ideas, even just as a simple tech demo.
yup youìre right ^^
Davven
I think it will be nice for mania and Taiko. Just standard Osu gamemode is going to be so hard to control with a normal 360 controller.
Nakage
I've seen someone hook a mouse to a steering wheel. The gas pedal was up+down and the wheel was left+right. Might be fun to mess around with it.
agsking
I actually tried this like 2 days ago (Used an autohotkey script to map the controller). Horrible idea. (Only tried it with standard though)
NoScreename

OMGasm wrote:

I just did it with s PS3 controller and MotionJoy.... Just as bad xD
At least you got MotionInJoy working. MotionInJoy can't even detect my controller because i'm using Windows 8. Gave up after a day's work of reinstalling drivers and I only got one hour of game time until it stops detecting it again. And also, R.I.P MotionInJoy. It's not available anymore.
Bedrock
There's always GlovePIE...
Narcli
With 5 mins of try I got Xpadder to work perfectly, You'll have to play around with the sensitivity of the sticks but it works fine. On a side note, the piano mode will work with Xpadder and a guitar hero guitar. You're welcome :D

You can Google search for Xpadder or if you're anything like me torrents.
AGRX
As long there is no other game mode present i think its pretty much useless, maybe for CTB but using pointer input is unrankable such a relax mode where you control catcher with mouse instead of keys.

But i heard people talking about new feature request, its basically Shoot'em Up touhou game mode which generates enemies using beats or beatmap.
That will be reasonable to use controller instead of keys, but still i think it will be good to play such a mode with mouse or tablet.
Houtarou Oreki
Good job on that, but standard isn't meant to be played with a controller :D
IamBaum
Btw u won't need another Program for mania, Taiko and ctb, just activate the Joystick support and u can set joypad commands to your keybindings.

It works perfectly fine with my XboX 360 Controller
The Ribbon Red
True, although triggers and arrow keys are still disabled.
nava
The Ribbon Red
It does? I'm using DS3 with BetterDS3 and SCPServer, so maybe my input were not detected correctly (although it was simulated normally in every other game). Osu probably not detecting the input sent, though. I'm assuming others have the same problem as well.

On a side note, I'm on Windows 8.1.
-[ Sakamoto ]-
If someone would write a guide on how to make controllers work on WinX, I would totally use my PS3 controller to play taiko and ctb :3
Asrathous
but my controler does not work!
Sakkae

youngboy121 wrote:

but my controler does not work!
mine to kinda
Omar Gonzalez
how do you map the controller setting and how do you move the mouse using the joysticks ive tried alot of things searched up yt vids but they just show them using them not like mapping the control settings if you could please help me

P.S. i use xbox 1 controller
shard hazard

Gjeratore wrote:

This has probably been done before, but I'd seen at some point, people saying that it was impossible to get a 360controller to work for osu.

Today I successfully managed to get osu working with a 360 control.
Although I failed miserably., I at least managed to show it was possible.
My sensitivity was waaay off.
Tonight I'm going to maximise the fun and hook up my hand drums to my PC via 'Makey-makey' and try get you guys a demonstration video using little hand drums for taiko.
Any other suggestions are appreciated.
I've used tinfoil on a hardwood floor as an entire keyboard.
Was plenty fun!

So yeah.
Throw any suggestions forward and I'll try get then out :)

EDIT: here's the video I forgot to add - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSgBJnYpwDA&feature=c4-feed-u

you can change the buttons of osu mania so you can play osu mania with your controller xD i suck at osu mania with controller though even when i play osu mania only however this can be great for osu mania coop mode because you can change those 2