forum

Need some help with changing the sliderstyle of my skin :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Swe_Wrestler
Hi there, i currently use the skin" Niko6.3HD" wich has sliders where the colour of the in between space is the same as the actual circle , i.e if the hitcircles are green then the whole slider becomes green. So my question is how do i change the slider so that it would be a green circle at the beginning and the end but black colour in between? Preferably like Thelewa's or jesus1412's skins wich i have downloaded, i'm a complete newbie so i can not figure out what exactly i have to change even though i scanned through the skins a couple of times ._.

ty on forehand!
TouchFluffyTail
t/51694

MLGnom wrote:

Skin.ini

[General]

1. Name - just put the name and version of your skin here .
  2. Author – if it’s your skin your name should be here.
  3. SliderBallFlip – 0/1 this changes the sliderball movement when it meets a reverse arrow. If you switch it off the sliderball will just move backwards after reverse arrow. Explained below.

- Sliderb with turned off flip [0]

- Sliderb with turned on flip [1]

4. CursorRotate – 0/1 controls whether the cursor rotates or not.
  5. CursorTrailRotate: 0/1 – controls whether the cursor trail rotates with cursor or not.
  6. CursorExpand – 0/1 when turned on, the cursor expands when clicking.
  7. CursorCentre – 0/1 while turned off the action point of the cursor will be in the top left corner of the image, rather than the center.
  8. SliderBallFrames – amount of sliderball frames(pictures) used in the skin.
  9. HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer – 0/1 if turned on, makes numbers appear under the “hitcircleoverlay”
  10. ComboBurstRandom : 0/1 – makes combobursts appear in a random sequence.
  11. AnimationFramerate: "Number of frames" – Defaults to playing all available frames per second. Applies to all animated sprites except slider ball, hitbursts. The lower amount of them, the slower animation will be.
  12. CustomComboBurstSounds: 50,100,200,300,400,500 etc. – Originally this option was intended for Taiko, since you can't change combobursts combo. Combo sound will be played at specified combo number. For example, we set CustomComboBurstSounds: 20,60,150,432, 864,1000 - combo sound/sounds will be played at combo : 20,60,150,432,864,1000.
  13. SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0/1 – If this is set to 0, background of spinners will be transparent (you will be able to see map playfield/video). Example how it's work. SpinnerFadePlayfield: 1 and SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0
  14. SpinnerNoBlink: 0/1 – When set to 1, it will stop spinners from "blinking" at top of the metre as they rise/peak.
  15. SliderStyle : 1/2/3 - Changes the slider style.

Slider style :1

Slider style: 2

Slider style: 3

[Colours]

Every colour is defined as a R,G,B palette.
  1. Combo colours – allows you to use skin hitcircle colours if the beatmap used default. You can use up to 8 colours.
  2. SliderBorder – changes colours of the slider border
  3. SliderTrackOverride – Forces osu! to use certain colour for slider. For example :
    SliderTrackOverride: 150,25,25
  4. SpinnerApproachCircle – Changes the colour of SpinnerApproachCircle.
  5. SongSelectActiveText: 0,0,0 – Changes text colour on actually selected difficult.
    SongSelectActiveText: 247,135,27
  6. SongSelectInactiveText: 0,0,0 Changes text colour on actually selected song (but not selected difficult).
    SongSelectInactiveText: 0,0,0
  7. StarBreakAdditive: – Changes the colour of star2.png (dropped by cursor) during breaks and kiai time. Hard to explain this correctly, read more about this in ziin's post.
    Normal star2.png :

Changed colour with skin.ini (StarBreakAdditive: 0,255,0) :

[Fonts]

This allows you to manipulate the number images. About that “overlap”, the higher it is - the closer the numbers are.
Default numbers are used on hitcircles.
Score numbers are used for score and ranking.
Also swapping prefixes can influence the custom skins in beatmaps.

- “HitCirclePrefix : default” – changing this to “score” allows you to use one kind of number.
- “HitCircleOverlap: 3”
- “ScorePrefix: score” - changing this to “default” allows you to use one kind of number.
- “ScoreOverlap: 3”
Topic Starter
Swe_Wrestler

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/51694

MLGnom wrote:

Skin.ini

[General]

1. Name - just put the name and version of your skin here .
  2. Author – if it’s your skin your name should be here.
  3. SliderBallFlip – 0/1 this changes the sliderball movement when it meets a reverse arrow. If you switch it off the sliderball will just move backwards after reverse arrow. Explained below.

- Sliderb with turned off flip [0]

- Sliderb with turned on flip [1]

4. CursorRotate – 0/1 controls whether the cursor rotates or not.
  5. CursorTrailRotate: 0/1 – controls whether the cursor trail rotates with cursor or not.
  6. CursorExpand – 0/1 when turned on, the cursor expands when clicking.
  7. CursorCentre – 0/1 while turned off the action point of the cursor will be in the top left corner of the image, rather than the center.
  8. SliderBallFrames – amount of sliderball frames(pictures) used in the skin.
  9. HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer – 0/1 if turned on, makes numbers appear under the “hitcircleoverlay”
  10. ComboBurstRandom : 0/1 – makes combobursts appear in a random sequence.
  11. AnimationFramerate: "Number of frames" – Defaults to playing all available frames per second. Applies to all animated sprites except slider ball, hitbursts. The lower amount of them, the slower animation will be.
  12. CustomComboBurstSounds: 50,100,200,300,400,500 etc. – Originally this option was intended for Taiko, since you can't change combobursts combo. Combo sound will be played at specified combo number. For example, we set CustomComboBurstSounds: 20,60,150,432, 864,1000 - combo sound/sounds will be played at combo : 20,60,150,432,864,1000.
  13. SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0/1 – If this is set to 0, background of spinners will be transparent (you will be able to see map playfield/video). Example how it's work. SpinnerFadePlayfield: 1 and SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0
  14. SpinnerNoBlink: 0/1 – When set to 1, it will stop spinners from "blinking" at top of the metre as they rise/peak.
  15. SliderStyle : 1/2/3 - Changes the slider style.

Slider style :1

Slider style: 2

Slider style: 3

[Colours]

Every colour is defined as a R,G,B palette.
  1. Combo colours – allows you to use skin hitcircle colours if the beatmap used default. You can use up to 8 colours.
  2. SliderBorder – changes colours of the slider border
  3. SliderTrackOverride – Forces osu! to use certain colour for slider. For example :
    SliderTrackOverride: 150,25,25
  4. SpinnerApproachCircle – Changes the colour of SpinnerApproachCircle.
  5. SongSelectActiveText: 0,0,0 – Changes text colour on actually selected difficult.
    SongSelectActiveText: 247,135,27
  6. SongSelectInactiveText: 0,0,0 Changes text colour on actually selected song (but not selected difficult).
    SongSelectInactiveText: 0,0,0
  7. StarBreakAdditive: – Changes the colour of star2.png (dropped by cursor) during breaks and kiai time. Hard to explain this correctly, read more about this in ziin's post.
    Normal star2.png :

Changed colour with skin.ini (StarBreakAdditive: 0,255,0) :

[Fonts]

This allows you to manipulate the number images. About that “overlap”, the higher it is - the closer the numbers are.
Default numbers are used on hitcircles.
Score numbers are used for score and ranking.
Also swapping prefixes can influence the custom skins in beatmaps.

- “HitCirclePrefix : default” – changing this to “score” allows you to use one kind of number.
- “HitCircleOverlap: 3”
- “ScorePrefix: score” - changing this to “default” allows you to use one kind of number.
- “ScoreOverlap: 3”
But i did not find anything about sliderborders in their skin :S do you know if there's any links to already existing ones anywhere?

Edit: I'm not even sure what i'm talking about -_- how exactly do i change it? Add files?
Rio-
Add or Change SliderTrackOverride line in the skin.ini with this
SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

And remember to remove the "//"
//SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

And Next time.... Ask in Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support) for Skinning help....
Topic Starter
Swe_Wrestler

satriobp wrote:

Add or Change SliderTrackOverride line in the skin.ini with this

And remember to remove the "//"

And Next time.... Ask in Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support) for Skinning help....
Ok, will do. I changed the one wich Niko was author to but his skin didn't change, should i delete the other skin.ini files or should i be ok to have several?
Rio-
I have Niko V5... Probably looks like this...

//PLEASE read readme.txt
//ver 1.1 oct.07 version 1.1 for 16:9 ratio. check the forum for changelog

[General]
//Your skin's name. Include a version number for newer changes!
Name: Pro - Niko
//Your name. Using your forum username is preferred.
Author: Niko

//When a slider has a reverse, should the ball sprite flip horizontally? (0 = no, 1 = yes)
SliderBallFlip: 0

//Should the cursor sprite rotate constantly?
CursorRotate: 0

//Should the cursor expand when clicked?
CursorExpand: 1

//Should the cursor have an origin at the centre of the image (if not, the top-left corner is used)
CursorCentre: 1

//The number of frames in the slider ball animation
SliderBallFrames: 12

//Should the hitcircleoverlay sprite be drawn above the hircircle combo number?
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: 0

SliderStyle: 2

[Colours]
//Colours are defined as RGB triplets.

//The combo colours. Can be anywhere between 2 and 5 - just leave out the ones you don't want
Combo1: 222,0,131
Combo2: 0,191,244
Combo3: 240,229,0
Combo4: 239,96,0
Combo5: 123,205,0

//The border colour on slider tracks.
SliderBorder: 255,255,255

//Force a slider track to a certain colour.

//Colour of the approach circle used for spinners.
//SpinnerApproachCircle: 77,139,217

[Fonts]
//The prefix will be used for the png files corresponding to the font. With a prefix of default, you would create pngs for default-0.png default-1.png etc.
HitCirclePrefix: default
//Overlap is number of pixels each character is allowed to overlap the last.
HitCircleOverlap: 3

//Score fonts can be drawn differently to hitcircles. If you only want to use one font, you can set this to the same prefix as your hitcircle font.
ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: 3
The only thing You need is only delete the // in //SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0 line... You don't need to delete the whole skin.ini

EDIT : The Name & Author is different from the real Niko V5, I change It for easily sorting the Folder's Name in My Skin's List
Topic Starter
Swe_Wrestler

satriobp wrote:

I have Niko V5... Probably looks like this...

//PLEASE read readme.txt
//ver 1.1 oct.07 version 1.1 for 16:9 ratio. check the forum for changelog

[General]
Name: Pro - Niko

//When a slider has a reverse, should the ball sprite flip horizontally? (0 = no, 1 = yes)

//Should the cursor have an origin at the centre of the image (if not, the top-left corner is used)

SliderBallFrames: 12

[Colours]

//The combo colours. Can be anywhere between 2 and 5 - just leave out the ones you don't want
Combo1: 222,0,131
Combo2: 0,191,244
Combo3: 240,229,0
Combo4: 239,96,0
Combo5: 123,205,0

//SpinnerApproachCircle: 77,139,217

[Fonts]
//The prefix will be used for the png files corresponding to the font. With a prefix of default, you would create pngs for default-0.png default-1.png etc.

//Score fonts can be drawn differently to hitcircles. If you only want to use one font, you can set this to the same prefix as your hitcircle font.
The only thing You need is only delete the // in //SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0 line... You don't need to delete the whole skin.ini

EDIT : The Name & Author is different from the real Niko V5, I change It for easily sorting the Folder's Name in My Skin's List
[General]
Name: Niko v6.3 HD

SliderBallFrames: 1

[Colours]

Combo1: 127,255,0
Combo2: 234,255,0

SpinnerApproachCircle: 255,255,255

[Fonts]

This is what mine looks like.
Rio-
It should work by that settings....
Topic Starter
Swe_Wrestler

satriobp wrote:

It should work by that settings....
I found the problem and everything is working exactly as i wanted know, thank you for the help :)
XPJ38
Problem solved? Problem solved.

Btw please use the skinning support thread next time you need help, it has specifically been created for this purpose :)