forum

Accuracy, higher or lower sensitivity.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dalollypop
Sorry abut this, i didn't want to make it but.
I've tried and tried for 3 days now, but curse whoever told me that mouse acceleration off was better. I'm worse than i was 4 days ago.

i need some tips how to improve my accuracy with it off. With it on i used to know what i was hitting and my mouse used to go where i wanted it to. but i can't go back now. :(

the only thing accel off has helped me with is moving it faster to notes, now i can beat some maps i couldn't before, but still there's no point if i keep missing notes left and right, it's always just off to the side of the note and it misses, and i get the lowest of lowest ranks. Maps i used to be able to easily beat, and all maps in general just put more strain in my arm and it doesn't feel like I'm controlling it any more. don't even get me started on slider breaks, they've up'd 200% since this.
(damn i was gonna get supporter too, but it doesn't feel like im making progress any more)

I'M NOT COMPLAINING, I JUST NEED HALP (because i suck) D:

So should i keep my speed at 1.4 where its more controllable but can't always hit notes especially when jumps. or should i have it at 1.5 where it moves faster and i only need to use my wrist, but it just spazes out at times, but can easily hit more jumping notes??????????

EDIT: thanks guys, i put it on 6/11 & 1.0 i can finally play again (almost, just spinner suck) :o (if you're reading this i love you)
Marcin
Practice.
Topic Starter
dalollypop
If was to bet someone £1000 while i was writing this thread, someone would put practice....well yeah i'd be £1000 richer

I've never heard of that sensitivity. I was asking if it is better higher or lower <3
Tshemmp
You should set it to 1.0 and get used to this.
Topic Starter
dalollypop

Tshemmp wrote:

You should set it to 1.0 and get used to this.
I love you <3
Cozzzy
1.0 :D (unless your mouse doesn't have adjustable DPI)

Imo, keep it as low as is comfortable. High sensitivity works out for some people, and I used to be alright with 1800 DPI, but changed it progressively down to 550 and by that point I could use it for HR on most insanes etc. Getting used to accel = off is the biggest step, so it'll take a while to get used to but it really pays off.
Topic Starter
dalollypop

Cozzzy wrote:

1.0 :D (unless your mouse doesn't have adjustable DPI)

Imo, keep it as low as is comfortable. High sensitivity works out for some people, and I used to be alright with 1800 DPI, but changed it progressively down to 550 and by that point I could use it for HR on most insanes etc. Getting used to accel = off is the biggest step, so it'll take a while to get used to but it really pays off.
love you x2 <3

i don't know my dpi, probably some £3 mouse, they're usually at 800dpi i think. but yeah I guess i gotta use more than my wrist to move around then.
Glyph
It's only been four days, expecting to get used to acceleration being off in such a short time can be a bit absurd.
Mikelicious
You also can increase the windows speed, mine is 8/11
pielak213
­
MiDNiGhT2903
5600 dpi :D
on a serious note, try not to adjust the sensitivity in osu!
Bauxe
And really, it is just ultimately down to this:

Marcin wrote:

Practice.
Marcin
In case OP didn't get it, I was being sarcastic.

Everything is down to practice, if you can't play with this setup - practice, if you can't pass song - practice, if you want to SS song - practice.

The best possible setup is to use 6/11 and 1,0x in osu!, and having good mouse which allows you setting custom DPI.
Rio-

Marcin wrote:

The best possible setup is to use 6/11 and 1,0x in osu!, and having good mouse which allows you setting custom DPI.
I don't feel good using 1.0x sensitivity, Instead I'm using 0.8x until now (Because of My mouse had un-adjustable 1000 dpi ). Is it okay? *just asking
buny
personal preference

honestly, there is no "better" unless you're using some absurd DPI
alternate version: if you suck with high dpi, you'll suck with low dpi

if you think you need to change your sensitivity to reach jumps then you need to accept that you'll have to practice in order to get better, and not rely on your peripherals and settings.
RaneFire

buny wrote:

if you think you need to change your sensitivity to reach jumps then you need to accept that you'll have to practice in order to get better, and not rely on your peripherals and settings.
qft

Change for comfort, not because you can't reach jumps. Comfort usually goes hand-in-hand with the settings you perform best on. You will be able to reach those jumps one day, just practice.

You're still getting used to no accel. It's better off, getting used to none just takes a while, especially if you've never played without it.
El Koko
Happened to me too. Happens to everyone who changes something important from their playstyle. The only thing that's 100% sure to make you improve, is practice.

Anyway, you're going to be better off turning your mouse speed/dpi/whatever to a lower level, you'll have much more control. Sure it's harder to reach some notes but you'll get used to it, the rest is skill. It's also helpful to have low dpi when streaming, so your cursor doesn't shake too much.

3400 play count. Please. You haven't even begun yet, lol.
Topic Starter
dalollypop

Marcin wrote:

In case OP didn't get it, I was being sarcastic.
jahjah i know :3 don't worry it's just the answer to everything thats why.....and yeah i am practising (i hope) :lol:

and ok everyone thanks i guess lower is better, i just need to get used to it then. :oops:

(p.s. if you're reading this, I love you)
Fagg0t
Everyone is saying 6/11 for windows, but no one is explaining why, so maybe someone can explain it to me.
chox_old
if you put it above 6/11 it skips pixels = bad
if you put it below it isn't exact 1:1 = bad but not as bad as putting it above 6
Fagg0t
So in another words if i feel like my mouse is accuratei don't have to change it to 6/11?
Zare
no it means you can't feel how precisely your mouse is actually working.
6/11 is best, really, you should adjust sensitivity ONLY by changing dpi.
nya10
For your information, I use 3/11 and 1.0x sensitivity, and with mouse acc off (I play fullscreen).

So in my opinion, you should just adjust the sensitivity of your mouse, which you are the most comfortable, and never change it.
:)

EDIT: I get to used in this configuration after about one week.
rzkadi
practice is always the answer, and also just as this guy said

chox wrote:

if you put it above 6/11 it skips pixels = bad
if you put it below it isn't exact 1:1 = bad but not as bad as putting it above 6
just change your dpi if you want to adjust your sensitivity. if you can't, you have to get used to it

buny wrote:

this is just plain wrong. each people have their own preferences and handwork.
Fagg0t
just change your dpi if you want to adjust your sensitivity. if you can't, you have to get used to it
But 6/11 is so slow.
Zare
get a proper mouse with adjustable dpi
buny

rzkadi wrote:

this is just plain wrong. each people have their own preferences and handwork.
you obviously didn't get the point of my post, so i'll explain it to you

changing your sensitivity won't magically make you better as long as you're choosing a suitable dpi in your comfort zone
Arcanine

buny wrote:

personal preference

honestly, there is no "better" unless you're using some absurd DPI

that ain't true.

i switched from very fast dpi to low when i was using mouse and i improved a lot.
Rio-

buny wrote:

changing your sensitivity won't magically make you better as long as you're choosing a suitable dpi in your comfort zone
Basically, It's from Personal Preferences of every Player... I find that using 0.8x with My 1000dpi Mouse feels more comfortable than using 1.0x (my preferences).

Some people tend to use high-sensitivity and some tend to use low-sensitivity as well, as long as They get used to It.
Fagg0t

Zarerion wrote:

get a proper mouse with adjustable dpi
My mouse has adjustable dpi from 200-4000.
Zare
Then just follow our advice and use 6/11 in widnows and 1.0 in osu!settings, and adjust your sensitivity by changing dpi only, simply because it's the most precise way to do so.
Fagg0t
After testing 6/11 for whole day I still have to say I prefer 11/11. Mostly because i have to move my whole hand as opposed to just my wrist. Anyway thanks for your advice, but I'm still not convinced that 6/11 is better.
Almost

LeFaggot wrote:

After testing 6/11 for whole day I still have to say I prefer 11/11. Mostly because i have to move my whole hand as opposed to just my wrist. Anyway thanks for your advice, but I'm still not convinced that 6/11 is better.
It takes time to get used to lower sensitivity.
Mathsma

LeFaggot wrote:

What is your DPI atm? Multiply that by 3.5 and play on that and set your windows setting to 6/11. 6/11 is the most accurate because it does not use interpolation which means it will either skip pixels on higher than 6/11 (really bad) or it will waste movement on less than 6/11 (not so bad).

If when you multiply your DPI by 3.5 and it's greater than 4000 just play on 4000, osu! shouldn't be played on that high of a DPI anyways unless you play full screen on a 4K monitor. Also try getting used to lower sensitivities. I recommend anywhere between 400~1800 for osu! because anything outside of those ranges will cause unnecessary struggle.
Fagg0t

Mathsma wrote:

What is your DPI atm? Multiply that by 3.5 and play on that and set your windows setting to 6/11. 6/11 is the most accurate because it does not use interpolation which means it will either skip pixels on higher than 6/11 (really bad) or it will waste movement on less than 6/11 (not so bad).
4000 And i'm pretty comfortable with it because i don't have to use my whole hand.

Almost wrote:

It's not about getting used to lower sensitivity. The problem i had with it is that it's not comfortable since i had to use my whole hand.
Mathsma

LeFaggot wrote:

Mathsma wrote:

4000 And i'm pretty comfortable with it because i don't have to use my whole hand.

Almost wrote:

It's not about getting used to lower sensitivity. The problem i had with it is that it's not comfortable since i had to use my whole hand.
Normally comfort is the most important thing, but that ends at a certain point. Yes you might be comfortable with your 4000x3.5 DPI, but you are going to suck at this game. You need to get out of your comfort zone and lower your sensitivity. It doesn't have to be in the range I said earlier (even though most high level mouse users are within that range) but it needs to be much lower than what you are using at the moment.
Fagg0t
Okay i'll try 6/11with 4000dpi for a week and see how it will feel. Also I've been playing with 800dpi for around 8 months and when I bought this mouse(logitech g400s) and changed it to 4000dpi I improved a fucking lot and I never want to go back to the times I had to use 800dpi.
Marcin
4000 dpi and 11/11 what.
Fagg0t

Marcin wrote:

4000 dpi and 11/11 what.
It's like drug, the feeling of going fast, it's addicting. At first i started with 800dpi 6/11 then I moved to 2000dpi 6/11 then to 3600dpi 6/11 now I'm at 4000dpi 11/11 and it's too slow.
show more