forum

Kantai Collection

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Omg Jinxy I haven't seen you in so long~
I still lurk in Video Games every other day but I'm only playing KC and Panzer Waltz now so I have nothing to post about
California
that e-6 boss node tho
Juuryoushin
not playing anymore hf
hyouri
KCV anyone?
Kitsunemimi
"Suppose it's about time I started the event..."

>E-1

not the same sortie

Yeah man, piece of cake.
piruchan
Decided to do everything on easy because resources and Iowa.

E-1 is bullshit enough with combined fleet and every single node except sub nodes has enemy BB (I go south, not enough fast CVL to go north). Cleared in 6 tries but my resources are already taking a hit. Hopefully E-2 won't be as hard but I've heard bad things about the imp.
Jinxy
Was away for a week, came back today, gathered info, and blasted through as much as I could.

E1 Hard perfect clear, no failed runs, thanks to FCF MVP of course

E2 Hard chip was not good, but last kill was a fucking mess because I made a mistake switching torp bombers for boss shelling support instead of sticking to dive.
Explanation
In aerial phase, dive bombers can hit installations while torps cannot. In shelling phase, it's the opposite.
You want your shelling support, which follows shelling phase rules, to clear the imps, so you should use dives to force them to avoid the installations. Then, your main anti-install team will have less enemies to distract them. Using torps means your CV(L)s will attack the installations and fail to even dent them.
After I realised my mistake and corrected it, got an S rank clear.

Now on E3 Hard, 2 S runs with -151TP each (11 daihatsu, 2 drums, 1 daihatsutank). Will need 2 more it seems
piruchan
Jinxy
E3H prefinal was simple with zero supports
E3H final is some crazy shit

18hp PT Imps appear in preboss node, and are much tougher to reliably sink before they torp
2 elite Ne-class make even getting A a challenge

But it's done now, had to resort to double support though
Jinxy
E4H done. Second easiest map after E1.

Take a CV fleet and aim for AS+ because CV Hime is in echelon or abreast and is a complete non issue vs BB Hime in ahead or double. I used 2BB4CV. Also used one CLT (idk if you can use more); they won't be helpful for the next few installation bosses anyway.

The land base mechanic isn't particularly amazing, on par with node support or less IMO. At first I used 2land1reppu1DB and targeted D and F, but changed to 2land2DB and double-targeted boss node instead since the land base was losing a lot of planes still.

Hard will kill your proficiency though because all 4 nodes have Elite Tsu, it killed my TBs on 18 and 27 slots.
KatouMegumi

Alveryn wrote:

KCV anyone?
Used to be using it.
Now...
Jinxy
S ranked E5 node I, skipped E5, jumped to E6. Also S ranked E6 A G L on easy before switching up to hard, and the debuff stayed.

On last kill now, Maya/2BB/2CV/Akitsumaru + 1CL/2DD/2CA/CLT OR DD works well in getting to boss; I routed straight there 100% of the time. As for actually clearing the boss, you have to rely on carrier support of 2DD/4CV to nuke her down in her debuffed state, your NB can clean up like only 100 HP on average. Stack every carrier with red dive bombers (and a bit of fighters to prevent air denial), no blues at all.

3CV and 4CV routing is absolute shit 0/10 would not recommend
Jinxy

well this was a doozy, final kill took me half a day. Didn't use node support at all btw

10k baux, 20k steel, 17k ammo, 30k fuel for E6H alone.

Now back to E5
Jinxy

First run had KC3 crash on me just as I reached Lycoris, 10 runs required to clear after that, 3.5 hours, 5 clean kills, 2 unclean kills that added up to exactly one clean kill's worth.

Probably got the luckier end of the stick for this map.

Fleet setup, though Yuudachi was originally using WG42 until last kill, where I switched to Bofors because WG42 wasn't doing much, plus she was usually disabled by NB.

Main fleet 6/6 sparkled, node support 6/6 sparkled, boss support 4/6 sparkled. Irako MVP.

LBAS 1: 3 fighters + 1 land bomber, focus on boss
LBAS 2: 3 land bombers + 1 fighter, focus on boss

Just realised KC3 was recording the number of runs I've done. All on Hard:
E1: 5
E2: 15
E3: 8
E4: 7
E5: 11
E6: 20

Gonna do my monthlies to restock my Irako, then start on E7 tomorrow probably. As for the difficulty, still considering.
Juuryoushin
E7 seems to have a much easier route with Not-so-useless Kamo around.
You're basically avoiding a horrible threesome with 2 CV Himes punctuating holes everywhere ....
You have 9 days left though, I don't know how your bauxite is doing cause it's damn expensive compared to the usual.
Jinxy
Yeah, I read about it, also seems to need a fast fleet. Probably going

Taitei/Maya/1-2fBB/2-3CV + 1-2 fBB/2DD/1-2CA(V)/Ooyodo

As for resources, I think I'm doing pretty well.

I also only have 4.5/9 days since I don't have access during the weekdays \:D/

I'll gauge if I want to Hard by testing how it goes this weekend, if I can get to less than half or even last kill. Will go Easy otherwise.
Juuryoushin
Damn, still really high after 6 maps, looks like you have a pretty good chance to make it through.
Jinxy
I forgot Akitsushima is a slow ship lol, guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

Rolling with 2fBB/2BBV/1CV/AKSM + 1DD/Akizuki/1fBB/Ooyodo/2CAV now, though I've been adjusting it quite a lot every few runs (started with 2CLT, for example). Nearly chipped Central to last kill, but haven't gotten a clean kill yet.
Jinxy

Cleared E7E. Yeah, E.

My original plan was to sparkle throughout the week and go for a H final kill push next Friday, dropping to E on Saturday if required. Then I remembered I wouldn't have time to farm for more WG42 and Seiran.

Easy is hilarious with CTF, managed to get a bunch of day S clears, and even one Day Perfect S. All with no support expeditions.

17 E7H attempts (6 being final kill), 8 E7E attempts. First E attempt was a STF which didn't go well at all, but the rest were full sinks.

zoooop
piruchan
I'm done with the event, and probably the game as well. Screw E-6.

Juuryoushin

Juuryoushin wrote:

not playing anymore hf

Harukaze dropped on 2nd S-rank.
I'm back.
Jinxy

piruchan wrote:

> Bringing KTKM to a 5-installation fight
Installations are immune to torpedoes btw

While E6/7 is pretty bullshit either way, I wouldn't discount having more anti-installation shipgirls, I cleared E6 with a sanshiki hit instead of an airstrike nuke

On an unrelated note, I managed to get KC3 Kai working on my tablet, which is the only piece of tech I have access to in the past 4 days

and welp

Literally got one a day
Kitsunemimi

@piruchan: I don't know if you're still on E-6, but really, it's doable. Make sure you bring as many WG42s as you can, and use all of your dive (red) bombers on your fleet carriers and aerial support expedition. If you can get a 721 roll on boss like that, you're bound to get enough damage from another source. Of course, don't forget your sanshikis (Type 3) on your cruisers.
piruchan
I don't have any WG42. That fleet is loaded with all the sanshikis, red bombers, and zuiuns I have.
Oinari-sama
lol...

Started playing KanColle in late Feb so this is my first event. Came into action under-supplied (and lacking ships/levels) so I'm satisfied to finish with 4N + 3E to bring Iowa home :D

Good thing about being new is that almost every rare drop is a useful drop wwww
Kitsunemimi

Oinari-sama wrote:

Good thing about being new is that almost every rare drop is a useful drop wwww
I am actually becoming jealous of all the people who don't already have almost everything because of this fact.
Oinari-sama
I suspect that's how TTKs turn Abyssal lol
A Medic
Was a fun meme event :^)
_HiguchiKaede
Starting the event w/ not-so great amount of res and drugsbuckets

It was a good decision for me for skipping E5, I managed to survive somehow...

Juuryoushin

kentanghalal wrote:

Starting the event w/ not-so great amount of res and drugsbuckets

It was a good decision for me for skipping E5, I managed to survive somehow...

What the hell, finished THIS event at HQ 78 ?
Geez, respect.
Kitsunemimi
And the results are in~

Here are this event's haul. It's a little less impressive this time (includes reward ships).

As you might have guessed, I had another hell grind for this event (Unryuu)... which is a rather questionable decision considering the scale of the event and the situation with my resources after my ranking grind in April.

It took 131 S-ranks (Unryuu is about a 1.5% drop), and I actually got her while clearing the boss after giving up on the grind. The chart only includes select ships (mostly 2%). There are a bunch of other 2% ships that I got from my 131 S-ranks.

And finally, just for fun, here is my resource summary:
The first milestone line represents when I start the event, and the others represent when I clear a map.
...Yeah, safe to say I wasn't really expecting an event of this scale at the beginning... and I wasn't really prepared. I also foolishly did an LSC for a Maruyu after clearing E-2, as seen in the dip.
PlasticMemor
tfw trying to construct more destroyers for E-6 and then i get hit with

still it helped me clear E-6, thought i didn't get Iowa :(
Juuryoushin
Asashio Kai2 coming on June 10th.
_HiguchiKaede

Juuryoushin wrote:

Finally...
I'm waiting for her to have a K2, she's so cute >w< I have her but still on lvl 20ish
Dimadesu

Juuryoushin wrote:

I'm pretty sure Asashio kai2 is not on this update.
Qukekid

kentanghalal wrote:

I'm waiting for her to have a K2, she's so cute >w< I have her but still on lvl 20ish
Someday my friend someday
_HiguchiKaede
Ei, finally Android app coming out!
Quite good, but a bit lag coz of my phone spec. To open the game (logging in) it needs vpn tho.
Qukekid
So this happen
Drum rolls*
The good news is

And the bad news
Juuryoushin
Fuck, they changed the plan for Asashio, my bad for telling crap information right off the bat.

Oinari-sama
The Android app runs totally fine :D
show more