Kantai Collection

posted
Total Posts
show more
Elira
Done with Event now

=w=
piruchan
Cleared E-2 normal in 2 hours. Shigure has the anime power.

Love the drop in this event. I'm not even sure if I should go and clear E-3 now because slot (some Mutsuki class are going to disappear) and I already have more than what I wanted.

Juuryoushin

Depths wrote:

Done with Event now

=w=
That's one hell of a jackpot here.
OsuMe65
Event done last night.
Did the Straight Easy, Zero Bucket challenge at early E-2, ended E-3 with 1 bucket I got from quest, just before I sortied fro last dance.
Overall, Challenge Success

Juuryoushin wrote:

Depths wrote:

Done with Event now

=w=
That's one hell of a jackpot here.
^
A Medic
My event isn't over yet, but god dam it's been pretty interesting for a first even.
Juuryoushin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPfFSo-hiWI

KanColle Arcade starring Yuka Ootsubo !
Exw
Kitsunemimi
I honestly felt that something was up with the earlier drops I got during the event... Something felt off...

I basically got all those drops far sooner than I should've... It was almost like I was super lucky... Too lucky...

E-3 grind: Day 5

Kitsunemimi wrote:

[2016-02-22 9:15:14 PM] Kitsunemimi: today i found out that Hatsukaze is about a 2% drop on E-3
[2016-02-22 9:15:23 PM] Kitsunemimi: the one last ship i'm trying to get is also 2%
[2016-02-22 9:15:39 PM] Kitsunemimi: i have gotten Hatsukaze 4 times now
[2016-02-22 9:15:48 PM] Kitsunemimi: somebody please kill me

Kitsunemimi wrote:

[2016-02-22 9:29:26 PM] Kitsunemimi: ohhho
[2016-02-22 9:29:29 PM] Kitsunemimi: oh here's a good one
[2016-02-22 9:29:41 PM] Kitsunemimi: Ise and Hyuuga are both 4% drops
[2016-02-22 9:29:56 PM] Kitsunemimi: meaning that i'm twice as likely to get either of them compared to the ship i'm grinding
[2016-02-22 9:30:06 PM] Kitsunemimi: yet on average i've gotten both of them 7 times already
[2016-02-22 9:30:08 PM] Kitsunemimi: SEVEN FUCKING TIMES

LOOKS LIKE I'VE RUN...

CLEAN OUTTA LUCK
Kitsunemimi
E-3 grind: Day 7

Another day, another Hatsukaze.

I'm approaching 160 S-ranks now.
Today I found out from eastern mythology that the rumoured one is said to drop on A-ranks as well. At a rate of 2%, no less. That means that I've actually had somewhere around 180 actual chances at getting her. It would seem that it's still not enough.

I am considering making another shrine, and performing a summoning ritual again. Perhaps when I pass 200 chances, I will start making the required preparations.

In the meantime however, I have a midterm tomorrow that I haven't started studying for yet. The midterm will largely be focused on statistics, a course that I nearly failed 2 years ago. I suppose this is what you would call irony.
I will try my best to survive through these harsh times and will push onwards with my search once the trials have ended.
Kitsunemimi
E-3 grind: Day 9

I am now somewhere beyond 200 S/A-ranks. This is fucking retarded, it's time to close up sho--
SUDDENLY
OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE

It's error musume-tan!

HOLY SHITTT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARAHGOEIHSOIERNHUOII983OH32 9OI8HOI980HVN WHO980

Up to this point, it has taken 224 S/A-ranks, 195 of which were S's. In the process I've burned somewhere in the region of 64k fuel, 35k ammo, 25k steel, as well as a whopping 734 buckets!! It's also taken up about an average of 5-8 hours of my time in passive play (I'll usually try to find something else to do at the same time), each day, which is arguably the most valuable resource.

Why would one go through such an ordeal?
I'll admit, this was fucking stupid. Especially since I'll probably get her again by accident in 10 runs the next time I grind for a ship. The main reason was because Asagumo is literally the last ship that drops in this event that I don't already have. The other reason was because by around ~100 S-ranks, I felt like I've already committed way too much to give up by then. Bad decision.

To see just how stupid this is, let's take a quick look at the data.

Distribution of drops that have a 2% chance of dropping on S-rank (including A-rank results)

Before this point, I had gotten nearly every other 2% ship at least twice. I also got Ise and Hyuuga (4%) 13 and 11 times respectively.

And even though I probably failed my midterm from yesterday, let's throw in some math!

What are the odds of getting ship-x in 200 trials, if she has a 2% drop chance?

Actually, a better question would be,

What are the odds of me not getting Asagumo 200 times in a row?
She has a 2% chance of dropping on S or A rank at E-3-S, according to multiple sites, thus there is a 98% chance you won't get her for any given successful clear.

To get that probability, we multiply 0.98^200
= 0.01759
In reality, I was actually aiming to give up by the 228th time, and that gives us 0.98^228 = 0.00999!

That means that it's close to a 1% chance that this mess could happen to you. To put this in perspective, it was twice as likely for me to get her on my first run than it was for me to not get her in 228 trials!! In fact, every single one of those 228 trials had that same probability.

To make matters worse, this is the third time something stupid like this has happened to me. Umikaze and Graf Zeppelin were both 2% drops in previous events, yet it took me (coincidentally) exactly 100 S-ranks to get both of them. That's a 13.53% chance for both individual grinds.

So what does this all mean? It can be one of two things.

• 1. I am extremely fucking unlucky.
    2. There is unseen shit beyond simple probabilities going on behind the scenes, and the numbers we see cannot be trusted.
I don't doubt either of those cases being true, but regardless, hopefully this was a lesson learned for some of you. If you read this far anyways.
Apologies for the uni-level lab report. I'll... stop posting now.

PS. i obviously did check my math, [source]

tl;dr dont ever fucking grind for drops again
Juuryoushin
Nice endurance, but I bet you're kinda burnt out by this intense farming ........ (your resources too maybe ?)

On my side, I was leveling my new drops. Since I've set them as top priorities, I still have a long way to go for those I haven't leveled yet. (And they are waiting for a pretty long time now duh.)

For some reason I had trouble getting Anti-air for those two.
The greatest pain will eventually come when my lvl 1 Kasumi will have to go through this crap to get her Kai Ni B.

Also, I've found a simulator that imitates In-game battles for shits, you can even put abyssals and do some super crazy stuff like this or this!

I find it kinda broken in its way to calculate things though. It said I can't get a single S rank on a sample size of 10000 tries in E3 Hard with the fleet I used. (While in fact I S ranked Last Dance in 12 tries ....... Well, okay, you bastard.)

Event will close in less than 5 hours, I guess it's time for you to HURRY THE SHIT UP !
Kitsunemimi
Yeah... needless to say, those 9 days of grinding have taken their toll on me. Fortunately though, I managed to finish the event earlier today. It was getting a lot closer than I would've liked though (need about 3 hours of safety buffer to fall back for a full Easy clear), and, I was streaming my Last Dance for 5 and a half hours last night nonstop... which was also exhausting.

Hopefully everyone else out there managed to finish on time! Then again, most people probably aren't as dumb as I am and hadn't wasted 9 days on grinding, so I'm guessing it's all good. otsukaresama deshita~

With that said, here are my drops for this event. These are all new ships that I didn't already have, not including reward ships.

They also happen to be the only ships that drop in this event that I didn't already have, so I'd consider that a pretty good success~

EDIT: oh wait i forgot i already revealed my drops for this event on the last page. Oopsies.
piruchan
Thoughts on Kancolle by GoGames?
Juuryoushin

piruchan wrote:

_tasty

piruchan wrote:

I didn't know what it is and just googled it. What. The. Duck.
(also I'm thinking of giving away my account cuz I don't play unless there's event, dunno if I should tho)
piruchan
Juuryoushin
Sooo, apparently the 25mm cannon is now obtainable.
Apart from the bunch of stuff for the White Day, 6-4 is out.

Kitsunemimi
Oops, I forgot to post this here last night.

It's taken me forever, but I HAVE FINALLY

BEATEN THE GAME \o/
Juuryoushin
Screw you D :
KatouMegumi
Kitsunemimi
Oh god this thread's been dead for almost a month... Guess I've got no choice...

I've been pretty busy for this month... Had exams too.
SPOILER

EO CANNONS ARMED AND READY TO FIRE
Jinxy
Well I visit reddit and himeuta for news so eh

Pretty much in "veteran" mode now, do monthlies, 1-5 to 3-5 only because I cbf to waste time on 4-5/5-5, improve equipment, stuff some levels on Ooshio/Kawakaze etc. Don't have the time nor inclination to do anything excessive like ranking, but I plan to clear as much of the event on Hard as possible.
Kitsunemimi
Omg Jinxy I haven't seen you in so long~

That's pretty much what everyone post-HQ105 does. Unless they stop.
Well some of my friends like to randomly grind up ships still, but anyways...

ALL GUNS, FIRE!!

SPOILER

I put in about an extra 22k XP in after the score update at 14:00 prior to the 15:00 listings, so that puts me at a final high score of 4096. I'm pretty proud of reaching 4k score, especially since I've never ever bothered with ranking before.

...Now I really have no idea how stuff actually works around here, so it could be the case that everyone still has their EO cannons up... Of the 10 or so people I passed, I'm going to need 2 of them to have already used their EO cannons so they can't beat me back.

Judging by the trends this month (top20 is the dark red line), things started getting ridiculous during the last week, which would seem to suggest some people actually used EO cannons... but I really don't know so fingers crossed.
Sukumo is such a tryhard server, it's actually pretty frustrating.
piruchan
I forgot how to get addicted to this game. Lazily leveling Abukuma (52) and preparing for the event now. I want that Iowa.
Jinxy

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Omg Jinxy I haven't seen you in so long~
I still lurk in Video Games every other day but I'm only playing KC and Panzer Waltz now so I have nothing to post about
California
that e-6 boss node tho
Juuryoushin
not playing anymore hf
hyouri
KCV anyone?
Kitsunemimi
"Suppose it's about time I started the event..."

>E-1

not the same sortie

Yeah man, piece of cake.
piruchan
Decided to do everything on easy because resources and Iowa.

E-1 is bullshit enough with combined fleet and every single node except sub nodes has enemy BB (I go south, not enough fast CVL to go north). Cleared in 6 tries but my resources are already taking a hit. Hopefully E-2 won't be as hard but I've heard bad things about the imp.
Jinxy
Was away for a week, came back today, gathered info, and blasted through as much as I could.

E1 Hard perfect clear, no failed runs, thanks to FCF MVP of course

E2 Hard chip was not good, but last kill was a fucking mess because I made a mistake switching torp bombers for boss shelling support instead of sticking to dive.
Explanation
In aerial phase, dive bombers can hit installations while torps cannot. In shelling phase, it's the opposite.
You want your shelling support, which follows shelling phase rules, to clear the imps, so you should use dives to force them to avoid the installations. Then, your main anti-install team will have less enemies to distract them. Using torps means your CV(L)s will attack the installations and fail to even dent them.
After I realised my mistake and corrected it, got an S rank clear.

Now on E3 Hard, 2 S runs with -151TP each (11 daihatsu, 2 drums, 1 daihatsutank). Will need 2 more it seems
piruchan
Jinxy
E3H prefinal was simple with zero supports
E3H final is some crazy shit

18hp PT Imps appear in preboss node, and are much tougher to reliably sink before they torp
2 elite Ne-class make even getting A a challenge

But it's done now, had to resort to double support though
Jinxy
E4H done. Second easiest map after E1.

Take a CV fleet and aim for AS+ because CV Hime is in echelon or abreast and is a complete non issue vs BB Hime in ahead or double. I used 2BB4CV. Also used one CLT (idk if you can use more); they won't be helpful for the next few installation bosses anyway.

The land base mechanic isn't particularly amazing, on par with node support or less IMO. At first I used 2land1reppu1DB and targeted D and F, but changed to 2land2DB and double-targeted boss node instead since the land base was losing a lot of planes still.

Hard will kill your proficiency though because all 4 nodes have Elite Tsu, it killed my TBs on 18 and 27 slots.
KatouMegumi

Alveryn wrote:

KCV anyone?
Used to be using it.
Now...
Jinxy
S ranked E5 node I, skipped E5, jumped to E6. Also S ranked E6 A G L on easy before switching up to hard, and the debuff stayed.

On last kill now, Maya/2BB/2CV/Akitsumaru + 1CL/2DD/2CA/CLT OR DD works well in getting to boss; I routed straight there 100% of the time. As for actually clearing the boss, you have to rely on carrier support of 2DD/4CV to nuke her down in her debuffed state, your NB can clean up like only 100 HP on average. Stack every carrier with red dive bombers (and a bit of fighters to prevent air denial), no blues at all.

3CV and 4CV routing is absolute shit 0/10 would not recommend
Jinxy

well this was a doozy, final kill took me half a day. Didn't use node support at all btw

10k baux, 20k steel, 17k ammo, 30k fuel for E6H alone.

Now back to E5
Jinxy

First run had KC3 crash on me just as I reached Lycoris, 10 runs required to clear after that, 3.5 hours, 5 clean kills, 2 unclean kills that added up to exactly one clean kill's worth.

Probably got the luckier end of the stick for this map.

Fleet setup, though Yuudachi was originally using WG42 until last kill, where I switched to Bofors because WG42 wasn't doing much, plus she was usually disabled by NB.

Main fleet 6/6 sparkled, node support 6/6 sparkled, boss support 4/6 sparkled. Irako MVP.

LBAS 1: 3 fighters + 1 land bomber, focus on boss
LBAS 2: 3 land bombers + 1 fighter, focus on boss

Just realised KC3 was recording the number of runs I've done. All on Hard:
E1: 5
E2: 15
E3: 8
E4: 7
E5: 11
E6: 20

Gonna do my monthlies to restock my Irako, then start on E7 tomorrow probably. As for the difficulty, still considering.
Juuryoushin
E7 seems to have a much easier route with Not-so-useless Kamo around.
You're basically avoiding a horrible threesome with 2 CV Himes punctuating holes everywhere ....
You have 9 days left though, I don't know how your bauxite is doing cause it's damn expensive compared to the usual.
Jinxy
Yeah, I read about it, also seems to need a fast fleet. Probably going

Taitei/Maya/1-2fBB/2-3CV + 1-2 fBB/2DD/1-2CA(V)/Ooyodo

As for resources, I think I'm doing pretty well.

I also only have 4.5/9 days since I don't have access during the weekdays \:D/

I'll gauge if I want to Hard by testing how it goes this weekend, if I can get to less than half or even last kill. Will go Easy otherwise.
show more