posted
Total Posts
show more
Nub1
1BP for Italia's kiss + scarf removed

totally worth

Juuryoushin
Back after one week of nothing.
I'm glad that Oboro got a revamped art for her Kai. Now they need to do that for Shibafu's stock characters.
But the best of the damn best is probably the PT Imp scroll given upon the fuck up they had to hotfix during the event, love this.
On a sidenote:

Nub1
omg dat Inazuma <3<3
Darth_Mula
omg is this a game?
Nub1
a web browser game
A Medic
I recently got back into this.

I spend all my time playing this game.

More addicting than crack.
Juuryoushin

A Medic wrote:

You just have to hate your money for this game to complete the ritual (unless I came too late)
Lacrimae

A Medic wrote:

it's too late

guys shouldn't we start up a kancolle addiction support group?
A Medic

Juuryoushin wrote:

A Medic wrote:

You just have to hate your money for this game to complete the ritual (unless I came too late)
credit card is screaming for more repair docks and slots right now. 100 isn't enough for my daughters.

Haven't spent anything yet but I ohh so want to
A Medic
By the way
if you have windows 10 and use KCV do not install the new flash update (KB3132372) it will break your game.
Kitsunemimi

A Medic wrote:

By the way
if you have windows 10 and use KCV do not install the new flash update (KB3132372) it will break your game.
Thanks for the tip~

... Ugh
I recently got a new laptop, and with as with every new installation, I do all sorts of set up with my programs and settings and mucking around with obscure Windows functions and whatnot... so when my KCV just randomly broke while I was in the middle of disabling services, you can imagine how headache that quickly became. Of course, this was only after fixing 10 other issues that are fundamentally wrong with the OS.

So yeah, that advice helped a lot~

PS. I'd like to think of myself as at least a relatively advanced Windows user, so it kind of pisses me off when dumb stuff like this just randomly breaks for no reason. Guess that's Windows 10 for you. Avoid like the plague if you haven't already been infected.
Juuryoushin
I tried to rank this month, I don't know if I will get rekted by EO Cannons.

A Medic

Kitsunemimi wrote:

A Medic wrote:

By the way
Thanks for the tip~

... Ugh
I recently got a new laptop, and with as with every new installation, I do all sorts of set up with my programs and settings and mucking around with obscure Windows functions and whatnot... so when my KCV just randomly broke while I was in the middle of disabling services, you can imagine how headache that quickly became. Of course, this was only after fixing 10 other issues that are fundamentally wrong with the OS.

So yeah, that advice helped a lot~

PS. I'd like to think of myself as at least a relatively advanced Windows user, so it kind of pisses me off when dumb stuff like this just randomly breaks for no reason. Guess that's Windows 10 for you. Avoid like the plague if you haven't already been infected.
You can roll back/uninstall the update by going to your windows update security settings, and viewing the history of past update installations and uninstall the latest one until KCV get's fixed.
Nub1
Exw

It's confirmed that Winter 2016 event will start on early February. So, how's your preparation going?
And according to the Comptiq Magazine, Graz Zeppelin will come to this event as a drop. (yay?)
I'm not sure about Graf Zeppelin, I saw that on a certain Facebook group.
Juuryoushin
I'm totally inactive.
Forgot how to get addicted to this game, continue without me guys
domSaur
^
Kitsunemimi
RIP
*salutes*
BigEarsMau
Just gonna leave this right here :3

Juuryoushin
Apparently I made it to the top 500 in December, big fucking deal !

The former is an exclusive USN gun with a lot of accuracy. That's pretty weird, but why not.
The second is just a 15.2cm Kai, something I didn't have anyway, so it's good.

Still inactive, though.
Kitsunemimi
Well... This is going to be super random and I'm not sure how to say this but.

I kind of accidentally crafted Taihou today (yesterday) with a BB recipe that I've been trying to craft I-401 with for the umpteenth time.

I guess I should be gratified by this.
Not really sure what to do with my 260k+ baux now though.

Oh, right... Aaaanyways~
How are people getting along with event prep? Still too early? Not ready at all?
For the first time since the Fall 2014 event (or perhaps Winter 2015), I'm actually not going to be extremely busy this event~ So that's always nice :3

EDIT:
so today I tried using a different recipe (first time trying 5/7/7/2), and this is what happens
SPOILER

In total I've spent over 50 attempts, probably around ~70-80ish, to get this girl (but of course I've gotten a bunch of others in the process so uhh...)
Juuryoushin
@^: Make good use of them at least !

I heard the event will be super short ... Might as well play given the amount of stuff I stacked. (lol)
piruchan
Didn't have the chance to check on the girls due to all the Chinese New Year preparation. Sitting at 50k/33k/50k/50k right now. Should be enough for one normal and several easy runs.
Juuryoushin
Kitsunemimi
This thread has been awfully quiet despite the ongoing event... ;w; Maybe the event is too easy?

Just for the record, I actually haven't finished E-1 yet \o/
Juuryoushin

Kitsunemimi wrote:

This thread has been awfully quiet despite the ongoing event... ;w; Maybe the event is too easy?

Just for the record, I actually haven't finished E-1 yet \o/
No idea, I stalked the thread but nothing came out afterwards.
I played actively with a delay of 2 days (started on Feb 12) and so far I can tell that the difficulty curve is stupid. It's fun nonetheless.
I barely cleared E3 and then I saw your post popping up a few mins after

E-1: Basically, you lose 0 buckets, but the boss is unkillable unless a 4-slotter pulls out a critical. I have to farm stuff here so huh .....

E-2: Far easier than it suggests, north route sorta trivializes the map with 3 DD, Abukuma, 1 CLT and 1 CA. WG42 also helps for boosting your damage against the boss. On the other hand, south route is a scam, never take it. Rei-go fleet is also BS, you don't need it.

E-3: TP phase is shit but can be very short with the right equipment and Boss support for S ranks. The torp fest makes it quite shitty though.
The Boss phase looks AWFULLY HARD at first. You'll notice that you're free to put the strongest weapons without any restrictions. (CLT ? Yes, 3 of them, + Abukuma.)
Surface Task Force is easier, since you don't have to fight the stupid CV Hime node at south that requires almost 600 fighter power JUST for AS. J-K-I-L-T is a sweet route. I don't need to mention that you'll need both supports, it makes things much easier.

Now I'm off to farm Mizuho and Umikaze !!
Lacrimae
started from around 50+ buckets before E-1
now down to 21 buckets after E-2

still gonna farm in E-3
Juuryoushin
My event is over.

Fishing list

EDIT: spoiler doesn't load lol, had to put it this way.
Exw

Wooooo, it took me a while. At least I did it.

SPOILER

My loot this event. I'm pretty much happy with this.
+Zara
piruchan
For some reason I've been really lazy after finishing E-1 on normal (4 buckets in 8 runs lol, nice drop tho). Can someone give me a fleet comp for E-2? I don't have any Rei-Go ships.
Depths
Done with Event now

=w=
piruchan
Cleared E-2 normal in 2 hours. Shigure has the anime power.

Love the drop in this event. I'm not even sure if I should go and clear E-3 now because slot (some Mutsuki class are going to disappear) and I already have more than what I wanted.

Juuryoushin

Depths wrote:

Done with Event now

=w=
That's one hell of a jackpot here.
OsuMe65
Event done last night.
Did the Straight Easy, Zero Bucket challenge at early E-2, ended E-3 with 1 bucket I got from quest, just before I sortied fro last dance.
Overall, Challenge Success

Juuryoushin wrote:

Depths wrote:

Done with Event now

=w=
That's one hell of a jackpot here.
^
A Medic
My event isn't over yet, but god dam it's been pretty interesting for a first even.
Juuryoushin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPfFSo-hiWI

KanColle Arcade starring Yuka Ootsubo !
Exw
Kitsunemimi
I honestly felt that something was up with the earlier drops I got during the event... Something felt off...

I basically got all those drops far sooner than I should've... It was almost like I was super lucky... Too lucky...

E-3 grind: Day 5

Kitsunemimi wrote:

[2016-02-22 9:15:14 PM] Kitsunemimi: today i found out that Hatsukaze is about a 2% drop on E-3
[2016-02-22 9:15:23 PM] Kitsunemimi: the one last ship i'm trying to get is also 2%
[2016-02-22 9:15:39 PM] Kitsunemimi: i have gotten Hatsukaze 4 times now
[2016-02-22 9:15:48 PM] Kitsunemimi: somebody please kill me

Kitsunemimi wrote:

[2016-02-22 9:29:26 PM] Kitsunemimi: ohhho
[2016-02-22 9:29:29 PM] Kitsunemimi: oh here's a good one
[2016-02-22 9:29:41 PM] Kitsunemimi: Ise and Hyuuga are both 4% drops
[2016-02-22 9:29:56 PM] Kitsunemimi: meaning that i'm twice as likely to get either of them compared to the ship i'm grinding
[2016-02-22 9:30:06 PM] Kitsunemimi: yet on average i've gotten both of them 7 times already
[2016-02-22 9:30:08 PM] Kitsunemimi: SEVEN FUCKING TIMES

LOOKS LIKE I'VE RUN...

CLEAN OUTTA LUCK
Kitsunemimi
E-3 grind: Day 7

Another day, another Hatsukaze.

I'm approaching 160 S-ranks now.
Today I found out from eastern mythology that the rumoured one is said to drop on A-ranks as well. At a rate of 2%, no less. That means that I've actually had somewhere around 180 actual chances at getting her. It would seem that it's still not enough.

I am considering making another shrine, and performing a summoning ritual again. Perhaps when I pass 200 chances, I will start making the required preparations.

In the meantime however, I have a midterm tomorrow that I haven't started studying for yet. The midterm will largely be focused on statistics, a course that I nearly failed 2 years ago. I suppose this is what you would call irony.
I will try my best to survive through these harsh times and will push onwards with my search once the trials have ended.
Kitsunemimi
E-3 grind: Day 9

I am now somewhere beyond 200 S/A-ranks. This is fucking retarded, it's time to close up sho--
SUDDENLY
OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE

It's error musume-tan!

HOLY SHITTT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARAHGOEIHSOIERNHUOII983OH32 9OI8HOI980HVN WHO980

Up to this point, it has taken 224 S/A-ranks, 195 of which were S's. In the process I've burned somewhere in the region of 64k fuel, 35k ammo, 25k steel, as well as a whopping 734 buckets!! It's also taken up about an average of 5-8 hours of my time in passive play (I'll usually try to find something else to do at the same time), each day, which is arguably the most valuable resource.

Why would one go through such an ordeal?
I'll admit, this was fucking stupid. Especially since I'll probably get her again by accident in 10 runs the next time I grind for a ship. The main reason was because Asagumo is literally the last ship that drops in this event that I don't already have. The other reason was because by around ~100 S-ranks, I felt like I've already committed way too much to give up by then. Bad decision.

To see just how stupid this is, let's take a quick look at the data.

Distribution of drops that have a 2% chance of dropping on S-rank (including A-rank results)

Before this point, I had gotten nearly every other 2% ship at least twice. I also got Ise and Hyuuga (4%) 13 and 11 times respectively.

And even though I probably failed my midterm from yesterday, let's throw in some math!

What are the odds of getting ship-x in 200 trials, if she has a 2% drop chance?

Actually, a better question would be,

What are the odds of me not getting Asagumo 200 times in a row?
She has a 2% chance of dropping on S or A rank at E-3-S, according to multiple sites, thus there is a 98% chance you won't get her for any given successful clear.

To get that probability, we multiply 0.98^200
= 0.01759
In reality, I was actually aiming to give up by the 228th time, and that gives us 0.98^228 = 0.00999!

That means that it's close to a 1% chance that this mess could happen to you. To put this in perspective, it was twice as likely for me to get her on my first run than it was for me to not get her in 228 trials!! In fact, every single one of those 228 trials had that same probability.

To make matters worse, this is the third time something stupid like this has happened to me. Umikaze and Graf Zeppelin were both 2% drops in previous events, yet it took me (coincidentally) exactly 100 S-ranks to get both of them. That's a 13.53% chance for both individual grinds.

So what does this all mean? It can be one of two things.

• 1. I am extremely fucking unlucky.
    2. There is unseen shit beyond simple probabilities going on behind the scenes, and the numbers we see cannot be trusted.
I don't doubt either of those cases being true, but regardless, hopefully this was a lesson learned for some of you. If you read this far anyways.
Apologies for the uni-level lab report. I'll... stop posting now.

PS. i obviously did check my math, [source]

tl;dr dont ever fucking grind for drops again
show more