forum

didn't receive medal for passing a 7 stars ranked

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
arachnides
Hello, I have a problem with the medals that we receive by passing a map of higher difficulty

I just passed a map classified 7 stars locally (6.6 stars) but I did not receive the medal for the 7 stars. (I rather redo a score on it, I had already passed it before its difficulty was re-evaluated, it was 7 stars and I had not had the medal either.

the fc medals obviously take into account the local difficulty since I received the medal on a local 4* map and about 3.95* in "official" difficulty) is this not the case for the difficulty medals?

Can someone help me...

(the 7 is well ranked and I did not use any mods)
JustABeginner
Mind linking the beatmap?

Although, if it shows exactly 7* on the website, it doesn't mean it's precisely 7. It could be 6.999* rounded up to 7, so my best bet is to play 7.01* for the confirmation of getting the 7* medal.
Topic Starter
arachnides
ranked 6.60 but in local 7.05 beatmapsets/703957#osu/1489207
Dntm8kmeeatu
"Local" star rating isn't used for medals... Or anything really aside from legacy comparison and when new rating can't be grabbed.
Topic Starter
arachnides
in this case the local difficulty is not used only for higher difficulty medals, I have fc this map,(https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/952409#osu/1988751) 4* locally and I got my "moving forward" medal, which confirms I think only difficulty medals are not affected. but in this case, how to explain that even when I passed it before the revaluation in 6.60 (it was officially 7) I did not receive it?
Castagne
It could be that the new star rating wasn't implemented yet when you passed ai no sukima.
Topic Starter
arachnides
it was already updated...
chromb
idk must just be some weirdness. only 7*+ Online Star Rating maps give the medal
Topic Starter
arachnides
Thank you for your answers, I passed it, that's the important thing. the medal will be for a future
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you never got the medal originally, then the score didn't count for some reason. Was it actually submitted to the website?