forum

Osu! Challengers Tournament -Gatyaa420 Wins-

posted
Total Posts

Would you like to see an osu! Challengers Tournament #2?

Yes
85.71%
No
14.29%
Total votes: 70
Polling ended
show more
Topic Starter
Me168

Kyou-kun wrote:

LOL WTF, WHY DO YOU KEEP CHANGING THE FUCKING TIMES

you said it was going to be in like 30 minutes from now, now it's going to be a time when i'm not going to be awake

just count me out if you're gonna stick with that, this tournament is fucking tardo
I had not said any times about this week, you probably misread me trying to get the room to be open last week on Sunday at 5 PM UTC. The time I had ASKED about is the same time as was supposed to be last week.

Gatyaa420 wrote:

Me168 wrote:

Can we try Sunday, 1/12/14 at 12:00 AM UTC again?
Saturday, 1/11/14 at 11:00PM works for me
This will also work for me if it works for everybody else ^^

I should just call this OCT #1, where everything slipped into hellfire
Ohrami
maybe you should have clarified so i don't fuck my sleep schedule so i'll be up on the right time when it's actually not the right time
Icyteru
gg tourney

EDIT: RIP, gonna quit osu! for 10 months now
Naikaze
So when we gonna play
Icyteru
Don't know
Topic Starter
Me168
I had just opened up the room if anybody is online, I havnt had time to check

If it happens, here is the Match Log: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3997349
Icyteru
Good game. I can't see anything properly now...fuck
Topic Starter
Me168
Congratulations to Gatyaa420, who won
Naikaze
Thanks gg
Topic Starter
Me168
Now that I was able to take a break after the room closed, I wish to congratulate Gatyaa420 again on a very close win. THough only Gatyaa and [AirCoN] actually went to the room, it was still close nonetheless.

Now that OCT #1 is over, I can give a Small (and by Small, I mean SMALL) amount of info about OCT #2

OCT #2 will start the registration around June 1st. This one will be even bigger, with 7 Tournaments for people to join.

Things that I am planing on fixing from OCT 1 to OCT 2 are:

-Timing Issues. I did a piss poor job of the Expert Finals for OCT 1, especially with changing times every 6 seconds. This will not be true of OCT 2
-Registration Caps are going to be Implimented into the next tournament. With the Expert Tournament, there were too many people to deal with, so the no caps rule I had before will be gone
-I have asked Zeroarg to be a Map Selector again, and they have agreed. No More DJPop Me168's Bad Decision Making Mappools in OCT 2
-With a very stressful and yet exciting battle for a spot in the Semi-Finals for the Expert Tournament (RIP taku, we will remember forever), I am making all 7 of the Tournaments a Double Elimination style. This way I can not only have people have more chances to advance, but I can make use of Challonge! and make my life less stressful with my messed up point system.

Because this tournament will be bigger (and I need these things anyways), I am looking for the following people to help me.

1) I am looking for 2 to 6 more Beatmap Selectors to help out so that Zeroarg is not doing 7 Tournament Mappools (Which is ridiculous for one person). If you want to be a Map Selector, I am asking for these people to be either Mappers or Moders themselves. When you PM me, I ask for 1 or 2 maps that you either made, modded, or collabed on. Im not going to be grading on how good of a map you made (Although If you give me a ridiculous map that shown no knowledge whatsoever Im going to say no I.E You Bullshit a map to be a Map Selector is a nono)

2) I will not be able to do this tournament without some more Room Moderators. I need at least 4 more on top of myself, but I will take as many as I can get. Please try to help out though. General Rule for the Room Moderators is that you can be a Moderator and participate in the tournament, but you can not moderate your room. This will allow me to be able to have the Tournament have Flexible hours, because living in an EST Zone kinda sucks.

If you would like to be put down for these jobs (either of them) Please PM me with your most active E-Mail address (The one you check most/actually use), and if you are wanting a Map Selector position, some examples of your work.

Can't wait to see everybody again for OCT #2. Please keep the thread open so that people can ask questions / see the new information.
Ohrami
bad tournament gg I would have won if I was there

also don't host a oct2 you are reallybad at making tourneys
Topic Starter
Me168

Kyou-kun wrote:

bad tournament gg I would have won if I was there

also don't host a oct2 you are reallybad at making tourneys
Maybe if I had help it would have been better, which I admit it was not a great tournament for the Finals and parts of round 3, and other than my map selections I thought people enjoyed nonetheless

Otherwise if you don't like it, don't join. There are 60 people who want there to be an OCT 2, plus a bunch of people who messaged me about joining even though they were too late to. Just because 10 people (Im assuming you might be part of the 10 who voted no) don't want an OCT 2 doesn't mean that 10 beats 60
Ohrami

read each letter with a star on it
[ Pingu ]

Kyou-kun wrote:

Dude that's just rude... ;-;
uzzi
Sounds like Kyou to me
Synchrostar
I dont get it
Topic Starter
Me168

Kyou-kun wrote:

It's nice to see how the Top 100 Players are represented by this guy. I didn't know I was dealing with a Elementary School Child who still would use an insult like "U R MR. GAY". It's actually kinda sad to see how far you will go to insult people or a tournament when all you could do is just walk away from it like an adult.

It's crap like this why I don't like a lot of the poeple on osu

In actually important news I will be sending out my poorly made profile "buttons" for those who won the tournament. I have not gotten anything back from evan129994 about the osu! Supporter tags. I know that I am going to get mine out as soon as I can.
Naikaze
I don't get why he still whines
Ohrami

Me168 wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

It's nice to see how the Top 100 Players are represented by this guy. I didn't know I was dealing with a Elementary School Child who still would use an insult like "U R MR. GAY". It's actually kinda sad to see how far you will go to insult people or a tournament when all you could do is just walk away from it like an adult.

It's crap like this why I don't like a lot of the poeple on osu

In actually important news I will be sending out my poorly made profile "buttons" for those who won the tournament. I have not gotten anything back from evan129994 about the osu! Supporter tags. I know that I am going to get mine out as soon as I can.
wow y r u so mad??????????????
Synchrostar
OH I GET IT NOW
uzzi

Kyou-kun wrote:

lololol

lock incomingg~~
Topic Starter
Me168

Kyou-kun wrote:

Not mad, just tired of dealing with you altogether.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

lololol

lock incomingg~~
uwu that kinda sucks since I wanted to keep this open incase anything was to arise before the next one.
uzzi

Me168 wrote:

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

lololol

lock incomingg~~
uwu that kinda sucks since I wanted to keep this open incase anything was to arise before the next one.
Considering that there's pretty much a page of plain shitposting... I can see what you mean, but it's quite a while before it begins, no?
Darksonic
Since this tournament is done already, I can close this now to avoid nonsense/off-topic posts.