forum

Osu! Challengers Tournament -Gatyaa420 Wins-

posted
Total Posts

Would you like to see an osu! Challengers Tournament #2?

Yes
85.71%
No
14.29%
Total votes: 70
Polling ended
show more
Raiku
Name: Raiku
Tournament you are joining: Expert
Rank at present: 231
I hope this isnt too late! I tried to sign up before but was silenced.
Topic Starter
Me168
Expert Room 10 Results Posted

Expert Room 11 Room Open. Match Log Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3419289
[ Pingu ]

Raiku wrote:

Name: Raiku
Tournament you are joining: Expert
Rank at present: 231
I hope this isnt too late! I tried to sign up before but was silenced.
Unfortunatly, It is too late, Round 2 for the Experts are soon, they already done round 1.
Topic Starter
Me168
Expert Room 11 Results Posted.

Intermediate Room is Open Now! Match Info available Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3420342

EDIT:// Congradulations to alexm110 for winning the Intermediate Tournament

Results posted
Topic Starter
Me168
Expert Room 12 is Open. Match Info Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3421487

EDIT:// Round 12 Results Posted. Congratulations to taku for getting a Solid 49/49 Points

Expert Room 13 Open. Match Info Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3422557
Could This Be
Is it too late to sign up?
Topic Starter
Me168

[Transcendence] wrote:

Is it too late to sign up?
Yes it is, Sorry
Topic Starter
Me168
Room 13 Results Posted

Room 14 is Open. Match Log: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3423754

EDIT:// Room 14 Results are posted

Room 15 is Open. Match Log Here : http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3424725

EDIT2:// Room 15 Results Posted

The Final Room, Expert Room 16 is Open. Match Log Here: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3425542
Spyrunite
Dammit mom, why do you have to walk in while I am playing the hardest song :(
Illus

Spyrunite wrote:

Dammit mom, why do you have to walk in while I am playing the hardest song :(
Well, it's not like you got kicked out of the tournament, right? Next time, just tell your mom to not come in because the maps are so hard. :P

So, good luck in the next round. It'd be interesting to play against you then.
Graphite Edge
I request all the songs pack of mappool round 2 , thanks in advance! :3
Topic Starter
Me168
Round 16 Results are going to be Posted Right now, and I am then going to Break Everybody Up into 3 Rooms of 5 and 6 Rooms of 6 for the Expert Tournament
Topic Starter
Me168

Graphite Edge wrote:

The Songs have Already been Posted and I still think that it's pretty shitty, but a bit better
Tall Man_old
Hey Me168
Graphite Edge

Me168 wrote:

Graphite Edge wrote:

The Songs have Already been Posted and I still think that it's pretty shitty, but a bit better
I know, i mean a pack of all of them in mediafire or something like mappool of round 1 :p

PD: Well actually i cant say its a great mappool, but still better than the last one, and there are nice maps in it, the thing is the difference in difficulty between the maps srsly xD. you could change some diffs to balance it maybe (?
- O n i -
timing schedule problems
couldn't play
oh well
Topic Starter
Me168
I Just posted all of the Rooms with Dates and Times, so if you have any issues, please message me and I'll find a way to work something out ^^
[ Pingu ]
Kinda gutted I didn't win, oh well <3
Karote
Nice that round 2 is before Christmas and I get the feeling that Advanced tournament will be fun since I got many strong rivals in my room.
gl everyone.
Spyrunite
Regarding the map pool

1) Streamline is way to easy compared to the others. On the other hand, it would make a great Double Time pick. I think that with DT it would fit right in, otherwise it is extremely easy compared to the others.

2) In general I wouldn't recommend skystar maps. They are timed in a weird way and and generally kind of hard to follow. Especially Artcore, that map is really awkward to play. I'm not a huge fan of skystar cruel clocks either (especially the ending) but I can handle that one.

As a side note, was Gypsy Tronic played once throughout that first round?
Graphite Edge
All songs pack, Expert Tournament Mappool Round 2 Quarterfinals

MEGA
https://mega.co.nz/#!hQoVTC6S!WdPXbRzmbxfoWOgrUJfmJRK-bfdmeonMorOVhRQdlro
Topic Starter
Me168

Spyrunite wrote:

Regarding the map pool

1) Streamline is way to easy compared to the others. On the other hand, it would make a great Double Time pick. I think that with DT it would fit right in, otherwise it is extremely easy compared to the others.

2) In general I wouldn't recommend skystar maps. They are timed in a weird way and and generally kind of hard to follow. Especially Artcore, that map is really awkward to play. I'm not a huge fan of skystar cruel clocks either (especially the ending) but I can handle that one.

1) I will consider making that song DT, I would let everybody know by Tuesday at the latest if that will be DT or Not

2) Everybody complained about how the songs were too easy, so I tried to pick maps that I knew were a lot more difficult. I know Skystar is very difficult, but thats what everybody was asking for, so I delivered.

Gypsy Tronic was played 3 Times in total, which is a shame, because I think Gypsy Tronic and Usatei 2011 are my favorite maps of all of Round 1, and they also return for Round 2 (Except Usatei moved up to Ozzy's Extra)
Tall Man_old
hey go in osu! me168 and

what does "No contest advance" mean?
Topic Starter
Me168

Tall Man wrote:

hey go in osu! me168 and

what does "No contest advance" mean?
All that means is that you didn't need to do the full competition to Advance, there was "No Contest"

It really doesn't hurt or effect you moving up in any way though
Spyrunite

Me168 wrote:

2) Everybody complained about how the songs were too easy, so I tried to pick maps that I knew were a lot more difficult. I know Skystar is very difficult, but thats what everybody was asking for, so I delivered.
It's not that skystar maps are harder (though usually they are) they are mapped weird. They often have pauses and slider speed changes that don't make sense with the rhythm of the map. I'm fine for maps being hard, but it's not a fair kind of hard it's more of a memorizing how the map works kind of hard, which I would say isn't really skill.
Icyteru
No, skystar follows rhythm better than other maps, just people who can only play the reaction game and mindlessly tap complaining. It's like all the people complaining about AR 8/9 for being too slow. Unique mapping style =/= doesn't follow rhythm. And really, these skystar maps aren't even hard to read, I fced artcore on first try in a multi room.
Yauxo
Room 4: 12/21/13 11:00 PM UTC
1) Plushies
2) Danny
3) - [ U z z i ] -
4) Gatyaa420
5) Yauxo
6) Flanderedevil9

This is Saturday 12pm (0:00) for me. Since its Saturday Iam not completely sure that Iam able to play (here again, work has to be done). Any other possible rooms for me (on Sunday?)

ps. Iam working in retail and whatever's there has to be done. Now, that its near christmas, people are usually "ill" which means that there is more work for less workers ~.~ Thats why its possible for me to work through the night
Spyrunite

[AirCoN] wrote:

No, skystar follows rhythm better than other maps, just people who can only play the reaction game and mindlessly tap complaining. It's like all the people complaining about AR 8/9 for being too slow. Unique mapping style =/= doesn't follow rhythm. And really, these skystar maps aren't even hard to read, I fced artcore on first try in a multi room.
I see what you mean by mapping more to the rhythm on some maps, but on artcore I don't see it at all. It seems to me like he is just making a lot of extra beats for the sake of making a harder map. I would also say sometimes mapping to the rhythm of a song isn't a good idea, but I don't feel like discussing that. The map just feels like it has a bunch of no reason doubles and quick slider returns when there is no need for them.
Tshemmp
Can I switch to room 6 please? My train is leaving around the time when room 7 starts.
Raging Bull

Me168 wrote:

Spyrunite wrote:

Regarding the map pool

1) I will consider making that song DT, I would let everybody know by Tuesday at the latest if that will be DT or Not

Gypsy Tronic was played 3 Times in total, which is a shame, because I think Gypsy Tronic and Usatei 2011 are my favorite maps of all of Round 1, and they also return for Round 2 (Except Usatei moved up to Ozzy's Extra)
How do you determine what maps will be played? RNG?
Tall Man_old
oh, ok
Klooger_DELETED
Would i be able to be moved up to room 9? it looks like there is a free spot there, and i wont be able to compete in my current room
Topic Starter
Me168

Raging Bull wrote:

How do you determine what maps will be played? RNG?
I'm using Random.org again, It's the same system I use to put people in rooms, makes everything random (Which the osu! Random Button really dosn't, because everytime I use it there's a magnet on Red Like Roses and all of the 2hu shit maps)

Yauxo wrote:

Room 4: 12/21/13 11:00 PM UTC
1) Plushies
2) Danny
3) - [ U z z i ] -
4) Gatyaa420
5) Yauxo
6) Flanderedevil9

This is Saturday 12pm (0:00) for me. Since its Saturday Iam not completely sure that Iam able to play (here again, work has to be done). Any other possible rooms for me (on Sunday?)

ps. Iam working in retail and whatever's there has to be done. Now, that its near christmas, people are usually "ill" which means that there is more work for less workers ~.~ Thats why its possible for me to work through the night

Tshemmp wrote:

Can I switch to room 6 please? My train is leaving around the time when room 7 starts.

NotKlooger wrote:

Would i be able to be moved up to room 9? it looks like there is a free spot there, and i wont be able to compete in my current room
I also recieved a Message from [AirCoN] Asking to be moved as well, so let's try and work this out

[AirCoN] is trying to get into Room 4 from Room 3, and Tshemmp is needing to get out of 6, so lets do a Triangle Trade.

Yauxo can go to Room 6
[AirCoN] can go to Room 4
Tshemmp can go to Room 3

NotKlooger can move to Room 9 with no issues

Would you all be comfortable with this trade or no?

Also I would like to announce that for the Expert Rounds 3 and 4, I will not be picking the mappool, and instead the Selectors will be Zeroarg and bluehall90. I'm really happy to have Map Selectors, as I am awful at it, but I'm excited to see what they will come up with.
Tshemmp
Yes, I am fine with room 3, thanks.
Spyrunite

Me168 wrote:

Also I would like to announce that for the Expert Rounds 3 and 4, I will not be picking the mappool, and instead the Selectors will be Zeroarg and bluehall90. I'm really happy to have Map Selectors, as I am awful at it, but I'm excited to see what they will come up with.
Just so you know no matter what the maps end up as it won't please everyone. Don't feel bad about people complaining about the maps.
Though streamline prison should be DT otherwise I hate you ;)
Topic Starter
Me168

Spyrunite wrote:

Me168 wrote:

Just so you know no matter what the maps end up as it won't please everyone. Don't feel bad about people complaining about the maps.
Though streamline prison should be DT otherwise I hate you ;)
Even beyond the fact that I can't please everybody, I came to realise that I'm not really the best at Map Selections, so we'll see how/what happens with a Map Selector who is not myself, plus both of them are Mappers (As far as I was told), so it'll be interesting to see what they pick. They may find the "Next big thing" in popular Beatmaps, who knows.

It also will help me since I'm going to need to relearn osu after buying a Tablet Wednesday, Making sure everything is Good with the Tournament, and the Last Week of School, it just takes something off of my plate
Mythiax
Feedback is always welcome and Spyrunite is right, you can't satisfy everyone.
Yauxo
Sunday 4pm my time, sounds great! I'd be in for the trade :3
Mara

Me168 wrote:

Room 2: 12/21/13 7:00 PM UTC
1) Iknash
2) Angusman
3) rezoons
4) Mara
5) KRZY
6) Raging Bull

Bloody hell.