forum

Osu! Challengers Tournament -Gatyaa420 Wins-

posted
Total Posts

Would you like to see an osu! Challengers Tournament #2?

Yes
85.71%
No
14.29%
Total votes: 70
Polling ended
show more
Topic Starter
Me168

CPTW wrote:

Umm yeah well I don't want to give you more work to do with updating but since it's coming closer to Christmas time now my boss is giving me more shifts at work so I'll probably not make it to my PC in time q_q

So I guess it'll be easier for me to just withdraw ^^;;
Much like jyvii, I'll have you still listed, but put [NOT PARTICIPATING] next to it. You'll still receive the Message with the Password and your room will still happen, but you don't need to arrive.

This is just in case you can make it to the tournament after all, because who knows.

bluehall90 wrote:

Wow so many participants to participate in this tournament, ah so sorry if I can't join this tournament, I'm just maybe too busy :x , anyway goodluck with this tournament and please run this tournament well :3 , I want to see this one further :)
Anyway good map pick for this round! (Maybe I can be a staff if you needed and I can do that at time, just to watch the match, but no promises)
Sorry, I understand being busy and whatnot. But if you would like to be a Staff Member (I.E a Room Moderator, since that's the only job open) you should drop me a message :).
Topic Starter
Me168
More Appologies for another Double Post

I have now released the times for everybody for when they are competing. Please let me know if your time is not good so I can see if I can make an arrangement for you to switch into another group so everybody can be happy

Otherwise, you can all discuss your feelings on the rooms, Who will Win, Who will Lose, What Room looks exciting, ect. ect. ect.
uKaLe
uKaLe
Intermediate Tournament
Spyrunite
I looked through the people in my group (room 14 expert) and the last guy doesn't exist, regasoo. I looked around and you wrote it as that in the player list too. I think the person that you meant was pegasooo, he signed up around the time when regasoo would have, and isn't in the tourney. That's just my guess though.
Topic Starter
Me168

Spyrunite wrote:

I looked through the people in my group (room 14 expert) and the last guy doesn't exist, regasoo. I looked around and you wrote it as that in the player list too. I think the person that you meant was pegasooo, he signed up around the time when regasoo would have, and isn't in the tourney. That's just my guess though.
I apologize do much pegasooo!!! I guess that was a night I was updating late! I'll fix that Right Now! :?
Golf129
I'm in Thailand which is in UTC+7 timezone and 19.00 UTC (Room 12) is too late (that's like 2 o'clock in the morning). Can you please move me up to Room 9 (15.00 UTC)? Thanks
Topic Starter
Me168

Golf129 wrote:

I'm in Thailand which is in UTC+7 timezone and 19.00 UTC (Room 12) is too late (that's like 2 o'clock in the morning). Can you please move me up to Room 9 (15.00 UTC)? Thanks
I'll definitely find a spot for you somewhere. If anybody in Room 9 would/can switch into Room 12 that would be awesome!

EDIT2:// The issue has been taken care of. Nazumin is in Room 8, Golf129 is in Room 9, and Ghost Princess has moved to Room 12
Illus
I've taken a look at the time I'll play and I guess I'll be fine. For CET it will be 1 AM, but since it will be Saturday I'm fine with it.

Oh, and I've also seen through the people I'll play with and I guess you did a pretty good job to make it somewhat balanced. Even though I'm certainly not a favorite when it comes to rank I'll still have a chance since my rank is also a lie - but in a "positive" sense, I never really bothered ranking.

Well, there's the exception of Graphite Edge. I've watched some of his replays when I was "young and inexperienced" and I think nobody in room 7 will stand a chance against him. That's why my goal in this room is to be rank 2 at the end.

To Graphite Edge:
Please be gentle, it's my first time. ^.^
ScootDash
Yay I'm in room 2! I get to play at 12:00 PM which is a good time for me. :p My room is also balance and I think I can possibly make it to the finals. :3 I can't wait to play with everyone in my group! Good luck!
Topic Starter
Me168

Illus wrote:

I've taken a look at the time I'll play and I guess I'll be fine. For CET it will be 1 AM, but since it will be Saturday I'm fine with it.

Oh, and I've also seen through the people I'll play with and I guess you did a pretty good job to make it somewhat balanced. Even though I'm certainly not a favorite when it comes to rank I'll still have a chance since my rank is also a lie - but in a "positive" sense, I never really bothered ranking.

Well, there's the exception of Graphite Edge. I've watched some of his replays when I was "young and inexperienced" and I think nobody in room 7 will stand a chance against him. That's why my goal in this room is to be rank 2 at the end.

To Graphite Edge:
Please be gentle, it's my first time. ^.^

ScootDash wrote:

Yay I'm in room 2! I get to play at 12:00 PM which is a good time for me. :p My room is also balance and I think I can possibly make it to the finals. :3 I can't wait to play with everyone in my group! Good luck!
I'm actually suprised that it is that balanced, i just used Random.org to make the lists ^^

EDIT:// For the Prize List, it has changed so that now the Winners of all the tournaments will receive 1 month of osu!Supporter Membership, the Beginner and Expert are provided from the same person as before, and I'm going to provide for the Intermediate and Advanced Tournaments ^^. The award for the Last Place person in Expert is now gone!
z1mb0bw4y
Can I get bumped into advanced? My rank is now 84k, and I'd feel bad competing in beginners. I'd also be bored to tears =P
Topic Starter
Me168

z1mb0bw4y wrote:

Can I get bumped into advanced? My rank is now 84k, and I'd feel bad competing in beginners. I'd also be bored to tears =P
Luckily we had 1 Spot Open Room 1, so Yes
Raging Bull
Will you message people their time of match? I only found mine out right now and I would have forgotten about it until I saw someone post here.
Topic Starter
Me168

Raging Bull wrote:

Will you message people their time of match? I only found mine out right now and I would have forgotten about it until I saw someone post here.
I will this Weekend, when I have a lot more Free Time away from School Work.
DerXello
Sry, but you have to sign me out, have to do something more important taht weekend.
Neroh
Just to inform you my name has changed from Nerohkun to Neroh, will help avoid complications if you update this on the list! :) looking forward to competing.
Topic Starter
Me168

DerXello wrote:

Sry, but you have to sign me out, have to do something more important taht weekend.
It's no Problem at all, I understand.

Neroh wrote:

Just to inform you my name has changed from Nerohkun to Neroh, will help avoid complications if you update this on the list! :) looking forward to competing.
I'll fix that on the Lists right now
Payaya
If it wasn't for Riandezar and me room 4 would be quite balanced :lol:
Topic Starter
Me168
We are officially One Week away from Game Day!! I don't know about anybody else, but I'm excited to see how it goes.

Over Today and Tomorrow (12/7-12/8) I'll be messaging every contestant their Room Number and Time of competition, including the Passwords for the Rooms so that there are no excuses. IF YOU NEED TO BE SWITCHED, I MUST KNOW BY WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11th OR YOU ARE STUCK IN THE ROOM YOU WERE ASSIGNED

I am also working on the Mappools for the 2nd Round Tournaments for the Advanced and Expert Tournament Levels. Please be advised: The songs are MUCH more difficult than Round 1. Don't get comfortable if you think that you will cruise right through to the finals, or you'll crash and burn quickly.

Otherwise all I can give are a couple of Tips of what I would recommend for this

1. On the day of your Game, it would be very very wise to look on the Message Boards here, because if a Room is a bit behind, then everybody falls behind a bit.

2. Make sure that you give yourself time to warm up a bit before you go into the room, because we won't have a Warm Up song in the room. But at the same time, Don't warm up 3 or 4 Minutes before the Tournament Starts, because then you will cause the tournament to run behind. I understand sometimes there are issues, that's why there is a 5 Minute Grace Waiting Period before the Tournament Actually Starts. But don't be rude and make us need to wait 5 Minutes if its not necessary

3. Don't leave songs out of your practicing, even if you got an 'S' or 'SS' Ranking your first time. That doesn't mean that you'll get that Ranking all of the time, and it's good for variety sake

4. On the Other Side of the coin from 3, Don't burn yourself out on the songs to the point that you despise their existence.

5. Just have a Good Time. The whole Reason that I started it was to enjoy myself and to meet new people. Everybody else should do the same (Though don't give up the drive to win)
Spyrunite
Umm I noticed that in my room (14 expert) pegasoo is now named pegiiz-
stuffycatz
Can i change my room in the expert tournament from room 1 to room 6?
In room 1 i will be playing at 2am in the morning while room 6 has a extra slot and i will be playing at 7am.
Topic Starter
Me168

Spyrunite wrote:

Umm I noticed that in my room (14 expert) pegasoo is now named pegiiz-
Thank you for letting me know about that

stuff wrote:

Can i change my room in the expert tournament from room 1 to room 6?
In room 1 i will be playing at 2am in the morning while room 6 has a extra slot and i will be playing at 7am.
That can be done
Yauxo

Me168 wrote:

1. On the day of your Game, it would be very very wise to look on the Message Boards here, because if a Room is a bit behind, then everybody falls behind a bit.
Oh right, I didnt think about this. Isit possible for me to play abit earlier? Iam playing in R14, Sunday 10pm my time and I gotta go to school the day after - and I dont wanna go to sleep on 1am or sth. 11pm would be totally fine, but since Ive got so many rooms before mine Iam sure that a 2hr+ delay is possible.

Edit: keeping the times simple
Topic Starter
Me168

Yauxo wrote:

Me168 wrote:

Oh right, I didnt think about this. Isit possible for me to play abit earlier? Iam playing in R14, Sunday 10pm my time and I gotta go to school the day after - and I dont wanna go to sleep on 1am or sth. 11pm would be totally fine, but since Ive got so many rooms before mine Iam sure that a 2hr+ delay is possible.

Would you be OK with either Room 1 or 2 (Chuun Dropped out of the Tournament), which are 6:00 and 7:00 PM UTC Respectively on Saturday the 14th
Naikaze
Can I request a move to Room 1 from Room 13? Since if I'm in room 13 I would have to compete at Monday 3 AM my time and I have school, but room 1 I would be competing at Sunday 1:00 AM.
Yauxo

Me168 wrote:

Yauxo wrote:

Would you be OK with either Room 1 or 2 (Chuun Dropped out of the Tournament), which are 6:00 and 7:00 PM UTC Respectively on Saturday the 14th
Saturday is bad since I have to work till ~9pm.
If its not possible to change my room then I'll just play in the one Iam right now, I'll just pray that people will keep their games in their time
big boob

Me168 wrote:

We are officially One Week away from Game Day!! I don't know about anybody else, but I'm excited to see how it goes.

Over Today and Tomorrow (12/7-12/8) I'll be messaging every contestant their Room Number and Time of competition, including the Passwords for the Rooms so that there are no excuses. IF YOU NEED TO BE SWITCHED, I MUST KNOW BY WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11th OR YOU ARE STUCK IN THE ROOM YOU WERE ASSIGNED

I am also working on the Mappools for the 2nd Round Tournaments for the Advanced and Expert Tournament Levels. Please be advised: The songs are MUCH more difficult than Round 1. Don't get comfortable if you think that you will cruise right through to the finals, or you'll crash and burn quickly.

Otherwise all I can give are a couple of Tips of what I would recommend for this

2. Make sure that you give yourself time to warm up a bit before you go into the room, because we won't have a Warm Up song in the room. But at the same time, Don't warm up 3 or 4 Minutes before the Tournament Starts, because then you will cause the tournament to run behind. I understand sometimes there are issues, that's why there is a 5 Minute Grace Waiting Period before the Tournament Actually Starts. But don't be rude and make us need to wait 5 Minutes if its not necessary

3. Don't leave songs out of your practicing, even if you got an 'S' or 'SS' Ranking your first time. That doesn't mean that you'll get that Ranking all of the time, and it's good for variety sake

4. On the Other Side of the coin from 3, Don't burn yourself out on the songs to the point that you despise their existence.

5. Just have a Good Time. The whole Reason that I started it was to enjoy myself and to meet new people. Everybody else should do the same (Though don't give up the drive to win)
I got the message but did not get the room password.
Soarezi
yo i cant play on sunday can you move me saturday or something ty
oh yeh btw im soarezi
mateo690

Vietz wrote:

Same here.
Klooger_DELETED
I would like to request a change to room 15, as my current room 12 is at 6am for me, room 15 will be at 9am
Payaya

mateo690 wrote:

Vietz wrote:

Same here.
Topic Starter
Me168

NotKlooger wrote:

I would like to request a change to room 15, as my current room 12 is at 6am for me, room 15 will be at 9am
Taking care of that Right Now

soAz wrote:

yo i cant play on sunday can you move me saturday or something ty
oh yeh btw im soarezi
I can move you to Either Room 2 or 3 if that is OK with you

Gatyaa420 wrote:

Can I request a move to Room 1 from Room 13? Since if I'm in room 13 I would have to compete at Monday 3 AM my time and I have school, but room 1 I would be competing at Sunday 1:00 AM.
Also done

Yauxo wrote:

Saturday is bad since I have to work till ~9pm.
If its not possible to change my room then I'll just play in the one Iam right now, I'll just pray that people will keep their games in their time
I also have a Spot in Room 12 if that makes you any more comfortable

mateo690 wrote:

Vietz wrote:

Same here.
I had forgotten about that. I Guess I will send a message to the people in the room and the Subject will be the Password to the Room you are in

EDIT:// I only Messaged those in the Beginner and Intermediate Tournaments. Those in Advanced and Expert will need to wait until Thursday/Friday so that nobody gets a password and then switches out (For Precautionary Reasons)

REMINDER THAT THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT REQUESTS FOR ROOM CHANGES IS WEDNESDAY! ALL CHANGES ARE FINALISED THURSDAY. IF YOU DO NOT MOVE BY WEDNESDAY THEY YOU ARE STUCK IN YOUR ROOM
Mikelicious
Aww i missed this ;w; there isnt a posibilitie that if someone of the expert tournament drop others can take their place or something like that? ;-;
Soarezi
Never mind. move me to room 3 please, i want to play against Mara LOL
[ Pingu ]
Quick Question: Are there going to be mods allowed? I mean, I wouldn't really use them, but, just for other people, they might want to use mods like Hidden 'n stuff.
me3lingual

OMGPingu wrote:

Quick Question: Are there going to be mods allowed? I mean, I wouldn't really use them, but, just for other people, they might want to use mods like Hidden 'n stuff.

Me168 wrote:

On the day you compete, be sure to have everything you need by you before you log on, so you can have a great chance of winning like everybody else. 30 Minutes before the first game starts, the room will open (Identified by which Tournament is being Held, i.e Beginner Tournament, ect.) with a Moderator (Myself) in it. The room will be Password Protected, but I will PM you when you get on with the Groups Password so you may enter. The Moderator will be picking the groups songs VIA Random Draw, as to avoid any conflicts within the room. A song may only be picked Once per game. No Mods (Hard Rock, Hidden, ect.) Will be used on any of the maps. After a song ends, the Moderator of the room will need a minute to collect your scores, so please, be kind to the moderator, they are working hard for this tournament and any cooperation is greatly appreciated. A total of 7 Songs off of your Tournaments maplist will be played. If a Tournament has more than 1 Game in it, then the top scores (However many are needed) will advance to a Finals.
So, no, there will not be mods during play.
[ Pingu ]

me3lingual wrote:

OMGPingu wrote:

Me168 wrote:

On the day you compete, be sure to have everything you need by you before you log on, so you can have a great chance of winning like everybody else. 30 Minutes before the first game starts, the room will open (Identified by which Tournament is being Held, i.e Beginner Tournament, ect.) with a Moderator (Myself) in it. The room will be Password Protected, but I will PM you when you get on with the Groups Password so you may enter. The Moderator will be picking the groups songs VIA Random Draw, as to avoid any conflicts within the room. A song may only be picked Once per game. No Mods (Hard Rock, Hidden, ect.) Will be used on any of the maps. After a song ends, the Moderator of the room will need a minute to collect your scores, so please, be kind to the moderator, they are working hard for this tournament and any cooperation is greatly appreciated. A total of 7 Songs off of your Tournaments maplist will be played. If a Tournament has more than 1 Game in it, then the top scores (However many are needed) will advance to a Finals.
So, no, there will not be mods during play.
Just asking :S I didn't see the message.
Topic Starter
Me168

-MikexD- wrote:

Aww i missed this ;w; there isnt a posibilitie that if someone of the expert tournament drop others can take their place or something like that? ;-;
Even if a person Drops Out, I'm not letting more people in. (However you might want to stay informed for a possibility of there being a osu! Challengers #2 *shot*)
I gotta drop (room 17). This weekend has just turned into something where I can't log into osu!, which is a real shame. :(
Princess Zoom

Kiwikun wrote:

I gotta drop (room 17). This weekend has just turned into something where I can't log into osu!, which is a real shame. :(

D:
show more