forum

S.S.H. - Intersect Thunderbolt-Remix [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
PROGUY
Hi ljq :)

All I can say about this set is just wow. It's by far the most brutal legit mania set I've ever encountered without abuse of long notes nor speed changes. I could compare it with how difficult this set is with the game the song's from (Yes, I played eXceed 3rd a couple of times.) but let's not go that way.

Let's see... The only issue I have is that the jacks in both Momo's 4K Insane and 7K Exceed at 01:21:800 should've been stairs or double taps (especially since the song's BPM is quite high at 250). Just change those and this set should be good to go. :)
Rumia-
rank plz.
d.
Spy

- R u m i a - wrote:

rank plz.
Well,hide the QQ account please
Topic Starter
ljqandylee

PROGUY wrote:

Hi ljq :)

All I can say about this set is just wow. It's by far the most brutal legit mania set I've ever encountered without abuse of long notes nor speed changes. I could compare it with how difficult this set is with the game the song's from (Yes, I played eXceed 3rd a couple of times.) but let's not go that way.

Let's see... The only issue I have is that the jacks in both Momo's 4K Insane and 7K Exceed at 01:21:800 should've been stairs or double taps (especially since the song's BPM is quite high at 250). Just change those and this set should be good to go. :)
Hi Proguy, thanks for your check and suggestion :)

I know the jack is so difficult, maybe nearly impossible to FC, but I think it's suitable for the continuous and rushing drum sounds, and also fit with the sense of music here imo. If I change it to stair or double taps, it'll lose the sense to some extent, although it would be much easier to hit XD. Since this is the most difficult diff and the song itself is also that hard as it sounds, I guess that's not unacceptable and I want to get your understand.

Waiting for your reply~
P.s. exceed 3rd-BP is really so interesting though I can just clear Normal ><
PROGUY
Hmm, alright then. I still wouldn't recommend those jacks though, but I'll try to let this slide for now.

If someone else complains about this though, it would then become a requirement to change it in order to get this set ranked.

Good luck though. ;)
Topic Starter
ljqandylee

PROGUY wrote:

Hmm, alright then. I still wouldn't recommend those jacks though, but I'll try to let this slide for now.

If someone else complains about this though, it would then become a requirement to change it in order to get this set ranked.

Good luck though. ;)
OK I see, great thanks~ <3
dionzz99
my complains :O lol

[Momo's 4k insane]
01:21:880 (81880|1,81960|1,82040|2,82040|1,82120|2,82200|2,82200|3,82280|3,82360|3,82360|2,82440|2,82520|2,82600|3,82680|3,82760|3) - oh nonononononono... jackhammer 1/3 at 250 BPM? thats 187,50 jackhammer and its not not not recommended... so please..

[7k EXCEED!!!]
00:08:840 (8840|2,8900|0,8960|2,9020|0,9080|2,9140|0,9200|2,9200|3,9260|1,9320|3,9380|1,9440|3,9500|1,9560|4,9620|1,9620|3,9680|2,9680|4,9740|1) - oh my gawd... dat trills.. nononono... and no
01:21:880 (81880|3,81960|3,82040|3,82120|3,82200|3,82360|3,82440|3,82600|3,82680|3) - ow fark... no jackhammers for space please...

ANY +200 BPM MUST NOT USE JACKHAMMER.
but bangin' burst is just.. idk..

1 edit :
please no silent hitsound / silent note. isn't that unrankable???
Spy

dionzz99 wrote:

my complains :O lol

ANY +200 BPM MUST NOT USE JACKHAMMER.
but bangin' burst is just.. idk.. Still has someone FCed.
17VA
ANY +200 BPM CAN USE JACKHAMMERS.

unplayable patterns? it's only one's prejudice.

Pros can Play This, Actually Extra diff is NOT FOR Newbies.

and o!m mode dosen't have additional combo scores, thanks.
Sorarei
250 bpm is non-common bpm again, which actually 1/4 will be same hard as 1/8 (1/3 as 1/6)

and 1/2 almost same like 1/4

then double stream 1/4 should be reduced, also jackhammer is really hard

this are hard to manage , so i would really recommended to reduce double stream and change some into single stream..
richardfeder
I don't get the point to block any hard pattern as long as they fit the music well. Our limited skills cannot be the excuse. The fact is that this intentional behavior of putting jacks suit the music well and it is not impossible for pro to handle. This is far below the "limitation of human" and a number of people can at least pass this diff handily. No idea why what is "unrankable" >,<
Topic Starter
ljqandylee
For all that complaining about the jackhammer, I just wondering is there anyone giving opinion from the perspective of the song itself?

Patterns are made for song, that's what I've written on my userpage.

At the bottom of Page 3 of this thread, I've already explained my reason for the jackhammer, it really fits the music imo. If you think it's not, I'm eagering to discuss with you about that, but please don't deny it just because "It's too hard to play for 250BPM so it should be reduced." It's not reasonable. Oni Kanojo also has 1/4 jackhammers for its 202 BPM, and this map just contains 1/3 jackhammer which equals to 187BPM 1/4 jackhammer.

In one word, I'll fix it if someone persuaded me that it doesn't fit the song at all. Otherwise I'll keep it. I won't reduce it just because "it's too hard".

Thanks.
Gilochan
don't you noobs have other things to complain?dont like jackhammer? make your own set without it. i bet you cant even pass even without those jacks.
song works for pattern . not the otherwise.
this mapper is nice. good job ljqandylee. great mapset, great map.
the difficulty is exceeds so it was meant to be hard.
ah you want to make extra diff = ez? lol ah no wonder rumia said mania ranking is suck.
17VA
rank system is really really "---~~"
dionzz99

ljqandylee wrote:

For all that complaining about the jackhammer, I just wondering is there anyone giving opinion from the perspective of the song itself?

At the bottom of Page 3 of this thread, I've already explained my reason for the jackhammer, it really fits the music imo. If you think it's not, I'm eagering to discuss with you about that, but please don't deny it just because "It's too hard to play for 250BPM so it should be reduced." It's not reasonable. Oni Kanojo also has 1/4 jackhammers for its 202 BPM, and this map just contains 1/3 jackhammer which equals to 187BPM 1/4 jackhammer.

In one word, I'll fix it if someone persuaded me that it doesn't fit the song at all. Otherwise I'll keep it. I won't reduce it just because "it's too hard".

Thanks.
the silent hitsound???? how about that?
Spy

dionzz99 wrote:

ljqandylee wrote:

Thanks.
It is rankable.
Gilochan

dionzz99 wrote:

how about you check whole mania maps.
only IN2K6 and smooch is full key sounded.
what are you complaining seriously?
the unrankable issue is all silent hitsound . not a specific note. you do not know mania ranking.
PROGUY
After discussing with Roxas and other players in #osumania, you'll need to get rid of those jacks. While I do understand that it does fit the song (in a way at least), it might also be something that a lot of people would struggle against. It has also been bothering me for a long while that this does require skills beyond human capabilities... or just that they simply look nice to watch in autoplay. Jacks at around 160 - 170 BPM or lower are usually fine, but it would be a whole different story at 250 BPM. Either change it or discuss further why it should stay.

Furthermore...

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Hitsounds from notes and sliders must be audible. These provide feedback for the player, and having them silent in a rhythm game doesn't make much sense. If you don't like the default sounds, then find replacements rather than silencing notes.
Most of the notes in the chart are silenced, which makes this unrankable.

Popped bubble. Sorry.
Raging Bull
Hmm, im not really in #osumania. But if you want to keep jacks, maybe its easier to put column 3 and 5 instead? Since its mainly index fingers.
Topic Starter
ljqandylee

PROGUY wrote:

After discussing with Roxas and other players in #osumania, you'll need to get rid of those jacks. While I do understand that it does fit the song (in a way at least), it might also be something that a lot of people would struggle against. It has also been bothering me for a long while that this does require skills beyond human capabilities... or just that they simply look nice to watch in autoplay. Jacks at around 160 - 170 BPM or lower are usually fine, but it would be a whole different story at 250 BPM. Either change it or discuss further why it should stay.

Furthermore...

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Hitsounds from notes and sliders must be audible. These provide feedback for the player, and having them silent in a rhythm game doesn't make much sense. If you don't like the default sounds, then find replacements rather than silencing notes.

Popped bubble. Sorry.
Ok let me explain why it should stay.

1. For the difficulty that you are all concerning, I have to emphasize again that it's 1/3 jack in 250BPM, not 1/4. Just equals to normal jack in 187BPM, that's definitely not beyond human's capability. O.T.N has jacks in 190BPM, and Oni Kanojo has 202BPM, they're all FCed by players.
Some players think that's too hard maybe just bcz the former part is quite hard and complex, and at the end of that part comes this 187BPM jack in 250BPM song, which made people feel a bit scared and subjectively think that's impossible for human and maybe even thought that's 1/4 jack. But if they calm down they'll just find it not so impossible.

2. Why it should stay and not change to other patterns, bcz the drum sound is very obvious and passionate, also the former part is continuous chord streaming with complex rhythm mixed with many instruments, so here I want to make a 1/3 jack to get a conversion of sense and fit with the song's artistic conception here as well. That's why I don't want to change it to other patterns.

3. For the hitsound, I think I've already put enough in this song, and we can put silent hitsound on notes that doesn't need hitsounds, which is said by Loctav. Actually I should say that if I'm enforced to put all hitsound on notes, I will have have no choice but to put soft-normal on them, which will just lead to worse sense for players while playing. I really don't want to do that, as a mapper that wants to make good maps for players.

If you have some different opinions, I'm always willing to discuss with you. I hope you can think it more from the perspective of this song, as you also said that you do understand that it does fit the song. Thanks.
Topic Starter
ljqandylee

Raging Bull wrote:

Hmm, im not really in #osumania. But if you want to keep jacks, maybe its easier to put column 3 and 5 instead? Since its mainly index fingers.
Thanks for your suggestion, but as I know there're also many players can press spacebar more quickly than mainly index fingers, and the middle column is more suitable for drum note, so I'll remain that, hope you can understand :P
richardfeder

PROGUY wrote:

Furthermore...

Ranking Criteria wrote:

"Most" really doesn't make sense here. The interesting thing is that although compare to the silent notes, hitsounded notes indeed are minority, the fact is that every beats is hitsounded properly already. The absolute amount of objects have nothing to do with if the chart is proper hitsounded or not.

Edit:typo
17VA
dafuq thats why I REALLY hate those rank systems wwwwwwwwww

Jacks? Longnotes? it's okay if this jacks are match at song.
pls repair your perception. pls. pop the bubble or unrank because of just jacks or just lns( = mapper's mapping style or decision).
what a nonsense?

Some modders ignoring mapper's style or decision. and they want to change it to one(modder)'s style
it's simple. PLZ RESPECT MAPPER'S STYLE. this is NOT a YOUR MAP.

so plz Do not force it. it's really horrible.

(osu!mania hates hardcore songs??)
Roxas

ljqandylee wrote:

3. For the hitsound, I think I've already put enough in this song, and we can put silent hitsound on notes that doesn't need hitsounds, which is said by Loctav. Actually I should say that if I'm enforced to put all hitsound on notes, I will have have no choice but to put soft-normal on them, which will just lead to worse sense for players while playing. I really don't want to do that, as a mapper that wants to make good maps for players.
I'm not here for ruining things, but when Loctav said it...?
I can see this and this about silent hitsounds, but I can't see that Loctav said it
Topic Starter
ljqandylee

Roxas wrote:

ljqandylee wrote:

I'm not here for ruining things, but when Loctav said it...?
I can see this and this about silent hitsounds, but I can't see that Loctav said it
In #osumania, I didn't save the log so I can't show you that, but I think the following RC rule also has the similar meaning of that.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

You must use hitsounds. Without these, things get way too monotonous as you are throwing away one of the main elements of variation present in mapping. You don't need to place them on every note (and are discouraged from doing so), but they must at least be frequently heard when playing.
Edit: The discussion and RC that you've found applys to the maps that mapper wants to put all notes silence, but I've already put hitsounds on all beats in this song, that's quite other situation.
Rumia-
richardfeder

ljqandylee wrote:

这图到底为什么不给rank我就想不明白了
hhhh
Rumia-

richardfeder wrote:

ljqandylee wrote:

这图到底为什么不给rank我就想不明白了
hhhh
no one replies . wtf. i am sad.
this . is the best map i played . so far in here .
Roxas

Loctav wrote:

They shall reduce volume instead of putting a silent hitsound, so it stays consistent across all used hitsound sets as intended (even custom skin ones)
That's what he said 3 days ago
Topic Starter
ljqandylee

Roxas wrote:

Loctav wrote:

They shall reduce volume instead of putting a silent hitsound, so it stays consistent across all used hitsound sets as intended (even custom skin ones)
That's what he said 3 days ago
OK, soft-hitnormal is back. Also the preview BG is finally corrected _(:3」∠)_

The hitsound in osumania is really an eternal problem, don't want to stick to that anymore _(:3」∠)_
richardfeder
;w; 还是妥协了啊 图你受委屈了
Spy
Silence妥協感覺還好,畢竟歌不是安靜類型
不過其他方面委屈了,總而言之,推起來!
Topic Starter
ljqandylee
多谢大家应援~~~我也就妥协了个silence啦XD
Spy
所以要泡了嗎
PROGUY
I had some discussion directly with ljq and other BATs regarding the jacks in 7K Exceed and Momo's 4K Insane. After rechecking and thinking over it, I've finally decided to accept it at ease.

Also, the hitsound problem is resolved too. So here's the bubble again. Good luck! :)
Topic Starter
ljqandylee

PROGUY wrote:

I had some discussion directly with ljq and other BATs regarding the jacks in 7K Exceed and Momo's 4K Insane. After rechecking and thinking over it, I've finally decided to accept it at ease.

Also, the hitsound problem is resolved too. So here's the bubble again. Good luck! :)
:) Thanks~~ <3
Spy
好支持
[Shi-Ra]
Patterns are re-checked, no other problems. Ranked (such ET)
YunoFanatic
gratsu
[ Mephisto ]
Congrats :o!
show more