forum

Hot take: Playing pp farm maps is vital to improving as a player

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mqwilliamscom
Now don't get me wrong, playing only pp farm maps can lead you to missing important step and developing your skillset. However, if you combine pp farm along with maps that tackle other areas (i.e, streams, tech, low/high AR, stamina, etc), then you become a much better rounded player. And it's for one reason:

Aim.

For the longest time I prided myself on having top plays in tech, non-farm maps. However I couldn't aim or jump for shit. I've only recently started to dive into the farm meta and I've gotta say it's helped me improve my aim a lot.

A lot (maybe even all) the top players used to farm pp heavy before they got to where they're at now. Some still do today.

Again, I advise against just playing TV sized or Sotarks/Log Off Now/ 60 second maps. It's important to diversify. But don't turn your nose up on playing Padoru/Padoru every now and then. Who cares if it gets on your top plays list? No one really cares about your profile anyway.

Okay, random ramble no one asked for it over.
Gamesnake7
Actually true tbh
kujubuo
Its not really a hot take because it is true. Basically when you go to higher stars you always need better aim but sometimes you dont need better stamina,finger control etc.. Basically the more difficult maps the more aim you need. But the same doesnt apply that much to stamina,finger control and speed that much
Romurujouzu
You have the right idea but the wrong conclusion. Yes, making sure you don't neglect aim is very important but that doesn't mean that farming is vital - it means playing aim maps is vital. Not every aim map is farm.
Lilyn

mqwilliamscom wrote:

However, if you combine pp farm along with maps that tackle other areas (i.e, streams, tech, low/high AR, stamina, etc), then you become a much better rounded player. And it's for one reason:
Aim.
That's a bit inaccurate. There are different types of farm maps. Aim-based, stream-based, etc.
But yes, farm maps can help a lot in improving.

I really need to play them...
Topic Starter
mqwilliamscom

Lilyn wrote:

mqwilliamscom wrote:

However, if you combine pp farm along with maps that tackle other areas (i.e, streams, tech, low/high AR, stamina, etc), then you become a much better rounded player. And it's for one reason:
Aim.
That's a bit inaccurate. There are different types of farm maps. Aim-based, stream-based, etc.
But yes, farm maps can help a lot in improving.

I really need to play them...
True I was kinda going the lazy route of implying farm maps = jump maps since that's kinda what most people think when you use the terminology nowadays. Not really too worried about semantics since this was a lazy post.
Peac3Sush1
As a taiko player I would say it’s not very helpful, especially because a lot of taiko players will farm converted maps, which don’t contain hardly any patterns, which are the baseline for pretty much any regular taiko map above 3*. Then again, I started very recently in the grand scheme of things, so I could be completely wrong here.
kujubuo

Peac3Sush1 wrote:

As a taiko player I would say it’s not very helpful, especially because a lot of taiko players will farm converted maps, which don’t contain hardly any patterns, which are the baseline for pretty much any regular taiko map above 3*. Then again, I started very recently in the grand scheme of things, so I could be completely wrong here.
well this is not taiko its osu standart
[RUE]Bambinex
finally someone with a brain
MrSparklepants
"Who cares if it gets on your top plays list?"

Me

Topic Starter
mqwilliamscom

bambinex wrote:

Simon12

mqwilliamscom wrote:

bambinex wrote:

kujubuo

MrSparklepants wrote:

"Who cares if it gets on your top plays list?"

Me

weird
Fxjlk
Yeah nah

PP farming makes you good at farming.

Untill it doesnt
kujubuo

Fxjlk wrote:

Yeah nah

Untill it doesnt
wdym weird
Topic Starter
mqwilliamscom

Fxjlk wrote:

Yeah nah

Untill it doesnt
Now don't get me wrong, playing only pp farm maps can lead you to missing important step and developing your skillset. However, if you combine pp farm along with maps that tackle other areas (i.e, streams, tech, low/high AR, stamina, etc), then you become a much better rounded player. And it's for one reason:
kujubuo

mqwilliamscom wrote:

Fxjlk wrote:

Yeah nah

Untill it doesnt
farming is always with higher ar. so idk what you are trying to say but you dont need to build every skills when you start imo
Rigbyuis
play more 😎😎💯💯🔥🔥
midgy
you can play aim and jump maps without farming though, just do it however you like, nothing wrong with farming if you enjoy it
Fxjlk

kujubuo wrote:

wdym weird
One day when you know, you will know

mqwilliamscom wrote:

Now don't get me wrong, playing only pp farm maps can lead you to missing important step and developing your skillset. However, if you combine pp farm along with maps that tackle other areas (i.e, streams, tech, low/high AR, stamina, etc), then you become a much better rounded player.
Or you could just skip the farming part and just get good? PP comes naturally with a high skill level. We might have a different view of what farming is but for me farming is specifically playing maps that are overweighted and I don't see the point honestly.
show more